I feel like I just saved a life!

Forum: Car Seat Safety

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Car Seat Safety LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 24th, 2010, 06:10 PM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So a friend came over today. She has a 5 week old baby who was in her snugli carrier when she came over. She admitted to me that she had taken the baby out of her carseat and put her in the sling because she was crying...while she was driving!

She basically asked me to yell at her so she would realize it was a bad idea. So I showed her a couple videos showing how bad it can be for a baby to not be in their carseat.

Then she said she worried because the baby's head always flopped forward in the seat and I suggested I could take a look at see if I could fix that problem for her...

Go out and look and she had the seat in the middle, using the outboard latch bars, too loosely installed, and the harness threaded so bizarrely wrong I'd never seen them like that before! I showed her how to recline the seat base, got it reclined, reinstalled properly, and the harness re-threaded and helped her get the baby into the seat correctly.

She thanked me profusely and told me I saved her baby's life. It made me feel good! I had actually noticed the harness looking weird on a FB picture she posted and meant to say something to her then, but forgot. So I'm glad she mentioned the head flopping thing because it reminded me to check her seat.
Courtney, Nola, Kya, Whitney, and baby girl #5 coming soon!
July 24th, 2010, 06:19 PM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey there stranger

That's awesome that you were able to help, and that she wanted the help! Great job, give yourself a pat on the back
July 24th, 2010, 07:39 PM
missmich
OMG! Why would she think a sling while driving would be ok? Does she know that if the police stopped here she'd get a fine and maybe a CPS investigation? Not to mention a dead baby? I think that's one of the most dangerous things you can do is to have baby in the drivers eat with you. I'm really glad that she came to you for advice though.
July 25th, 2010, 05:17 AM
sweetmelissa's Avatar Live.Laugh.Love.
That's awesome that you helped her out!
July 25th, 2010, 11:04 AM
dream2bemommy22's Avatar and baby makes 5
Im so glad you were able to help her , and that she was so eager to accept your advice! You dont find that too often anymore, noone ever wants to admit fault.

Good for you!!
July 25th, 2010, 01:34 PM
Nikki.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's awesome. I love when people actually appreciate your help.

July 25th, 2010, 03:09 PM
Madeline410's Avatar Maddie
You're awesome!!!!!

95% of kids aren't in their car seats safely.
Click here to see how your child should look!

A rear-facing child is 75% less likely to die in a crash. Click here to learn more!

Are you installing your car seats correctly?
to watch my installation videos,
click HERE!

July 26th, 2010, 01:21 PM
Clay and Carson's mommy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search