So after reading here for a while now

Forum: Car Seat Safety

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Car Seat Safety LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 26th, 2010, 01:34 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I feel like my step daughters booster is crap! Dh is one of those guys who just thinks all car seats are the same so he just went out when she turned 5 and bought her any ol one with out really thinking about it. I know shes probably okay, i mean they wouldnt sell it if it wasnt safe... but i just wish we had gotten her a better seat when she was little instead of her having 5 different seats now! And i kind of wish we had kept her 5 pt harnessed longer... shes 6 now but only around 45lbs so she definitely could have gone longer harnessed. Just kind of funny how your feelings change after hanging out here!

This is the one she has

Evenflo Big Kid DLX Booster Car Seat - Cactus : Target

July 26th, 2010, 02:17 PM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
At 6 years old and 45 pounds she's safe being in a booster as long as she's sitting properly. She wouldn't be any safer in a 5 point harness at this point So I wouldn't worry about that.

As far as that booster goes, it's fine. It's just pretty basic, no big padding, no big headwings, no LATCH or anything like that. My nephew has that booster seat. As long as it's positioning the seat belt properly (feel free to post a pic if you'd like us to check it out) then it's fine. One drawback about that booster is that it doesn't adjust very high, so it might be outgrown by height before other highback boosters would be.

However, if you are on the market for a new seat for her... we can certainly point you in the right direction
July 26th, 2010, 05:49 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh i know at this point she wouldnt be safer in 5pt, but when we changed her at 5 i'm not sure that she was 40lbs yet (but the seat said 30 and we didnt know any better, kwim?). Dh's friends are carseat certified and they've checked Ds's seat with she was in the car and said its fine, it just seems flimsy and i almost feel bad because i plan to have something much better for ds. And like you said, its not adjustable so she might get to the point where she needs ANOTHER seat when i know much better now. Ah well, live and learn right?

July 26th, 2010, 06:06 PM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
She's so cute!!!

That seat does adjust up, some, but not too terribly high. On the back of the headrest there is a little lever type thing, you pull upwards and it should adjust up.

If you're wanting something different for her, watch for deals at WalMart and Target for the Graco highback Turbobooster You can usually find them for $40-50, sometimes cheaper depending on the sale/clearance. Lots of cute and fun girly covers too

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search