So it's true,some people really don't know about expiration dates!

Forum: Car Seat Safety

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Car Seat Safety LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 28th, 2010, 01:57 PM
missmich
A woman on my local freecycle was offering a child's care seat. I read her message and she says it's 14 years old. I told her she should destroy it or toss it since care seats expire after about 4-6 years after they are made. She thanked me for letting her know. I also tried to post a public message as well not sure if it will be approved though.
July 28th, 2010, 02:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Nice job catching that. I've actually educated my mom and grandma about this as well. My grandma was trying to use an expired car seat she had from her youngest grandchild(now 12)for one of her great grandchildren. Thankfully she listened and just bought a new seat. Hope your message gets approved.

July 28th, 2010, 03:31 PM
missmich
Yeah some car seats even if they didn't have expiration dates if they are a certain age you'd think that the safety standards have changed since it was made and you'd want to check that out before using one so old.

My message will not be approved. The mod refuses to post it. Says I should just mention it to the person with the offer.

I don't understand how some messages get approved or at least passed around to others in the group. I'll often get a message from someone about a posting b/c it's sent to the whole group. I thought that by clicking on "reply to group" would send the message to everyone. It didn't work. It sent it to the mod and he told me to tell him or the person with the seat.
July 29th, 2010, 07:01 AM
-erin-'s Avatar Co-Host of the May2010 PR
I was telling my mom how I didnt mind buying a girly print seat for my DD since hopefully she will be able to use it until age 5-6 and by then it will be expiring soon, so I won't be concerned with passing it down to a possible future child. She was shocked that car seats have expiration dates!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search