I too need help with 3 across

Forum: Car Seat Safety

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Car Seat Safety LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 4th, 2010, 09:03 AM
mommyof3ny's Avatar Soon to be mommy of 3!
I was wondering if there are any infant car seats that are narrower then others???

I have a 2009 Hyundai Elantra and I will need to fit 3 across until tax time

I have my almost 5 year old in a booster. I have my 18 month old in a MyRide 65 and now I need an infant seat that is going to fit somewhere in the mix.

Can you all help or offer some suggestions...

TIA

August 4th, 2010, 09:37 AM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think the Baby Trend Flex Loc is narrow. Let me look and see what other info I can find out about narrow infant seats

I do suggest putting your 4 year old next to the MR65 beacuse the MR65 sits up on that narrow base, and I think the booster will puzzel well with it and allow easier access to buckle your 4 year old in.

Also, is your 18 month old rear facing? We have a couple stickies on the main page (Extended Rear Facing and Extended Harnessing) that are full of lots of great information if you'd like to check them out
August 4th, 2010, 10:13 AM
amylynne01's Avatar One happy mama
How big is your 4 year old? Putting her back into a harness will save you some space since you don't need room to buckle in the seat belt.

August 4th, 2010, 10:22 AM
I do have a convertable that she can go in,I just don't know how well all three would fit with the infant car seat. I have the MR65 and a Graco Comfort Sport and then would need to find an infant seat to fit.

So Erica,your saying if I put the flap looking things up on my son's carseat it would be better to buckle and unbuckle my daughter in???

August 4th, 2010, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof2NY View Post
I do have a convertable that she can go in,I just don't know how well all three would fit with the infant car seat. I have the MR65 and a Graco Comfort Sport and then would need to find an infant seat to fit.

So Erica,your saying if I put the flap looking things up on my son's carseat it would be better to buckle and unbuckle my daughter in???
I'm confused by what you mean??

I had suggested putting the booster seat next to the My Ride 65 because I thought they would fit well next to each other (we call this puzzle) and make it easier for you to buckle the child in the booster each time.

What flaps are you referring to, and on what seat?

Wait, your daughter's booster has a back on it... right?
August 4th, 2010, 11:50 AM
His myride has those flaps under his seat. And yes my daughter's seat has a back.

August 4th, 2010, 12:53 PM
Are you referring to the pastic shell, and how it sticks out further than the rest of the base? I have this seat, and don't quite understand what you mean by flaps. I'm going out to my car to look. Is your My Ride 65 rear or forward facing?
August 4th, 2010, 12:58 PM
Ok, I just went out to my car. What I think you're talking about is the plastic shell of the car seat (where the cup holders are) how it sticks out further on the sides than the shell.

Because that part of the seat (where the cup holders are) stick out further than the base of the seat, it will make it easier for you to buckle your child in a booster because you can fit your hand between the booster and the base of the My Ride 65 to reach the buckle. Does that make sense? *Of course your daughter's seat would have to be on the correct side of the MR65 for this to work.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search