So frustrated!!

Forum: Car Seat Safety

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Car Seat Safety LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 9th, 2010, 08:52 PM
smileybrea's Avatar ♥ Proud Doula & CPST ♥
Just when I thought we were making headway with booster training, Braedon took 2 steps back. He was doing SO SO well but has steadily been pushing the boundaries...leaning over to mess with Cohen, just general leaning over to see out the windshield, getting his books off the floor he dropped..anything and everything BUT sitting right.

He'll be 7! next month..is he ever going to be ready for a booster???? He just passed the second to last slot in the Regent so we have about 2 more inches... I've gotten used to it but the Regent is HUGE and HEAVY and a PITA to move from car to car.

Ok vent over

Did you know that 95% of children are not properly restrained in a vehicle?
Make sure your child is not one of them!

August 10th, 2010, 10:27 AM
Clay and Carson's mommy
Aww man! Both of my boys are in regents now,so,I feel your pain as to the HEAVINESS of them! Whew! Clay won't be 7 until January,and is at the same slot as your little guy. I'm assuming he's in a HBB? If not,maybe that would make some sort of a difference? I know nothing about boosters since I've never used one,but,just thought I'd throw that out there incase it helps.

GL momma! 6 is a FUN age.. isn't it?
August 10th, 2010, 10:37 AM
.:fearless:.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh man! That is rough!! Toryn is 6 and it took her some time, and I still have to say to her, sit up in your seat cause she will lean over to yell at Ethan (her big brother) in the other outboard seat. Sigh. I think I am going to start pulling over when she does it.
August 10th, 2010, 11:07 AM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Please forgive me for asking this, as I'm sure you've told us before... but I can't remember, is there an issue such as ADHD going on with him? If so, that's understandable and you should keep him harnessed and do booster training for short trips.

I just want to make sure my suggestions to you fit your specific situation and needs, that's why I ask.
August 10th, 2010, 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by melandherboys View Post
I'm assuming he's in a HBB?

GL momma! 6 is a FUN age.. isn't it?
Yes he's in a Turbobooster but I also have a Frontier-I just have to put it in booster mode. Maybe that would make a difference. He doesn't like the booster as much and says sometimes it hurts his legs.

Erica: Yes he does have ADHD (major emphasis on the hyperactivity-even the docs agree he's one of the worser cases )and the diagnosis has been a long time in the making. When he was first diagnosed, we went the natural route but failed. After 8 months of tests and naturopathic meds, his naturopath said there wasn't anything else she could do and sent us back to the ped for modern meds. We are on our 4th medication trying to find one that works. He's been on it for a couple weeks and is doing AMAZING! Boostering was going so so well and I'm sure it's because we are finally on something that works but in the last handful of days, he's reverted. I put the Regent back in today

August 10th, 2010, 05:33 PM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If you eliminated the distractions in the car, like toys and books, would that help? Do your belts lock at the retractor? If so, you could try locking the belt so he can't lean forward or lift up to see out of the window.

I know that Brinlee wouldn't do well in a booster right now, though she's only 5, because she would be going at it with her sister. However, if she was by herself in the car, I think she'd do perfectly fine. So I think that part of the problem is probably normal. I know my nephews kinda get crazy in the car when they're together, they're 11 and 6.
August 10th, 2010, 11:18 PM
With the ADHD, I honestly think the distractions help and no, the retractors don't lock I have locking latchplates with ELR's...sucks! I think I'm going to try the Frontier in booster mode in a couple weeks. Since he was in that for so long, I'm wondering if the mentality of it being a harnessed seat would help.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search