Success Stories

Forum: Car Seat Safety

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Car Seat Safety LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 10th, 2010, 03:52 PM
amylynne01's Avatar One happy mama
We all know about car seat misuse, but what are your success stories to combat it? What impact have you had on others? It can be about using aftermarket products, proper installations, harness heights, booster fits, the 5 step test, anything!

I don't know many people with young kids, but I helped my sister pick out a new seat for my nephew. He will be 6 in October, weighs 36lbs and is 38-40" tall (he is a SHRIMP). She wanted to buy him a big boy seat (booster) for his birthday last year, but he legally can't use it yet. So he's in a combination seat until he hits 40lbs. He is almost ready maturity-wise for a booster - now he just needs to grow!

August 10th, 2010, 04:13 PM
smileybrea's Avatar ♥ Proud Doula & CPST ♥
My FB posts alone have gotten a handful of kiddo's turned back around

My BFF is ERF and came to me before they were born to get all the information she could. She still calls for advice when it comes to car seat stuff.

Another friend turned her 10mo without my knowledge. She's 2 now and I have TRIED to get her back around but it didn't work BUT she will be EH and asked me about when boosters are ok, what seat to buy next for EH. She's also said she will keep her youngest RF as long as possible.

A random mom in BRU overheard me talking about car seats and started a conversation about the bench they have. She had just bought her 1 yr old the Frontier and had come back in the store to get his sippy he had dropped. I talked to her about ERF and EH since she was really receptive. She returned the Frontier, bought the CA and asked me to install it for her in the parking lot

Lots and lots of success stories I love it!!

Did you know that 95% of children are not properly restrained in a vehicle?
Make sure your child is not one of them!

August 10th, 2010, 05:27 PM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Great thread! I'll reply after I get some laundry started
August 11th, 2010, 04:36 AM
sweetmelissa's Avatar Live.Laugh.Love.
My friend RF her son until he was 18/19 months. Then her car got hit & wrecked. Her mom got her a a 2 door car and she tried keeping him RF but after a month she turned him FF. But at least he was RF for a bit longer then the 1 year & 20 lbs.

Besides that everyone else thinks I'm crazy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search