Is it any easier

Forum: Car Seat Safety

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Car Seat Safety LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 23rd, 2010, 11:16 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Is it easier to remove a child from a convertible seat like a Britax Boulevard than a Graco Snugride?

We have a Graco Snugride 32, but I'm a very different parent than I thought I would be. I am wearing Claire into stores instead of lugging the car seat around, and getting her in and out of the seat is a pain! I end up taking the seat out of the base and loosening the straps to get her out, and I set the seat sideways on the base to do this and also to put her back in. It is really awkward, and I'm wondering if another seat would make it easier, or if this is just the way it is?

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (5), Abigail (3) and George (3)

August 23rd, 2010, 11:20 AM
stephie1012's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Claire wont fit into the boulevard for a long while still. It is akward to get newborns in and out but im not sure using a convertible would change that. Why do you have to take the seat off the base to get her in and out?
I wear Julia everywhere and use an infant seat and i never take the seat outta the base.

August 23rd, 2010, 11:23 AM
Clay and Carson's mommy
I'd say just keep doing what you're doing! This is what I plan on doing with our next one. I mean, if you'd like to go ahead and move her to the blvd, RF,then you certainly could, provided she fits properly into it. But, I'd save my money,and just leave her in the SR 32 until she outgrows it.

ETA: Posted at the same time as Steph!
Yeah.. what she said!
August 23rd, 2010, 11:45 AM
amylynne01's Avatar One happy mama
I think it's a newborn thing. They don't like to put their bodies where mama wants them to be. They curl up into little balls making it hard to get them in and out. You shouldn't have to take the seat off the base to get her out - that seems like more work! When my kids were itty bitty, I would loosen the straps on their infant seats and hoist them out. It wouldn't any easier if you had a convertible because the angle at which you have the adjust the straps is the same. Hang in there.

August 23rd, 2010, 12:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I do find it easier to get my baby out of my Radian (convertible) than my Keyfit 30 infant seat. I think it's because its a very shallow seat, so I'm not reaching under her as much (i.e. she stays sleeping much better taking her out of the radian than she did in the Keyfit 30.)

We still use the keyfit in DH's car though and since she is pushing 20 pounds I usually just leave it on the base to take her in and out.

That's just my experience.

Thank you Vicki for my siggy!
August 23rd, 2010, 01:26 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Okay...you all are going to think I'm a total idiot. I thought I needed to take the seat out of the base to loosen the straps because to loosen them I push the lever and pull from underneath. I don't have to do that...duh! I can pull them from the top and do the same job. Sometimes I get stuck on doing something a certain way and my brain can't grasp that there is another way to do it.

Well, that solves that problem. It will still be a little awkward to get her in and out, but my main frustration was having to take the seat out of the base. Thanks...your replies helped me figure out what I was doing wrong How embarassing!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (5), Abigail (3) and George (3)

August 24th, 2010, 09:52 PM
Kobain's Mommy's Avatar Future A&M Aggies Mommy
Don't worry girl! Coby is getting to heavy to carry him in his SS1. We have two of them so one is in my mom's car in the base, one is in my car in the base, and we have a Marathon in DH's truck. We have the handle back and basically use the two SS1s as rfing convertibles.

made by BAM

August 25th, 2010, 11:22 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Just to make you feel better - i actually prefer to take our infant seat out of the base to get Michael in and out if we're leaving the seat in the car. I just find it easier to make sure he's in properly when i'm not working at an awkward angle and i can look at him straight on

August 25th, 2010, 11:51 AM
RobinJS's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I actually use the infant seat as a convertible here too. It's always left in the car. I realized one day while I was walking up the stairs while carrying him in his infant seat that if he weighed one speck more my arm would give out! It was way to heavy for me. So I leave it in the car all the time now. I always wear him when we're out anyway.

Eli Gunnar 1.11.10

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search