Placement of carseat FF

Forum: Car Seat Safety

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Car Seat Safety LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 27th, 2010, 06:58 AM
Alexa5
As indicated by my other thread, we are not FF yet, but he is outgrowing RFing soon. I have read conflicting info on placement of seat for FF. Right now he is RFing behind the passenger seat, as there isn't much space for the seat in front of it to go back to make room for the carseat-- therefore behind the driver seat wasn't an option. (middle wouldn't work either as it would then impact both seats in front)

I had planned on putting him behind either the driver or passenger side when he is FF as space won't be as much of an issue with the seats in front while FF. I didn't really want to do the middle, as there would be very little room for anyone to sit in the back seat.

But I have heard the middle is safer..... is it that much safer/all that important to put him in the middle? Or is it okay to put him behind the passenger or driver seat FF?
August 27th, 2010, 07:20 AM
superwoman8977's Avatar Awesome Mommy!
Just what I do but I always have Ali on the passenger side of the vehicle, opposite the driver just in case she cries, etc I can see maybe what she needs. I also have a mirror stuck to my rearview mirror that allows me to keep an eye on her as well. I found when she was behind the drivers seat I couldnt see her as well and didnt know if she needed something or was just crying to cry. HTH

Thanks AlexAidenmom for my awesome siggie!

August 27th, 2010, 07:55 AM
amylynne01's Avatar One happy mama
The middle is a smidge safer, but not safer where you need to rearrange everything to make it work. I have no qualms about putting either of my kids outboard. I can't fit one outboard and one middle, so they both get window seats. As long as the seat is installed properly and used properly, outboard is just fine.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search