Target Sale

Forum: Car Seat Safety

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Car Seat Safety LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 5th, 2010, 09:36 PM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Target is selling the Britax Roundabout 50 in cow print for $100.

It sounds like a good deal, but i'm no expert. the carseat we were looking at is $200.

Has anyone used this seat? I'm curious if it will fit rearfacing in a smaller car. If it's a good deal, i think i'll go for it.

September 5th, 2010, 10:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It looks likea good deal to me. Online it says it's on sale $50 off for $150 so $100 sounds good.

September 6th, 2010, 10:04 AM
smileybrea's Avatar ♥ Proud Doula & CPST ♥
Yes and No. It is a good price for Britax but I noticed you are pregnant. Am I safe to assume this is the child you are wanting to buy a seat for? If so, Britax is NOT a good option for newborns as the lowest slots are 10" high. This particular model also only goes to 35lbs RF while many others in a similar price range will allow RF to 40lbs and will fit a newborn

If you haven't already, you should check out this thread discussing extended RF. I would also looking into the Graco Myride 65, First Years True Fit and True Fit Premier, Evenflo Triumph 65, any of the Radian models and the Cosco Scenera. They all fit newborns really well and are a range of prices. The Radians can be a difficult install in some cars so if you are looking at those, let us know what kind of vehicle it will be in and we'll help you make sure it will install

Did you know that 95% of children are not properly restrained in a vehicle?
Make sure your child is not one of them!

September 6th, 2010, 10:41 AM
amylynne01's Avatar One happy mama
What seat were you looking at? I'm curious if the features of both are comparable.

If I were in your situation, I would not buy it. Britaxes do not fit newborns and young infants, so it will probably be 6 months until you can use it or around March. By then, you've lost a year off its life, so a 6 year seat is now a 5 year seat. There will be more deals early next year on 2011 seats so you can get the best bang for your buck.

My personal feeling is not to stockpile car seats even if the deal is good. If it's a HOT deal (like a Radian XTSL for $100), then absolutely. But this deal is only good if you need a seat now. If you can wait, you can search multiple websites for the best deal, use promo codes, and get a steal.

September 6th, 2010, 11:01 AM
the store was sold out anyway, and i wasn't impressed with the seat in person.

We have the infant stage covered. I already ahve a Chicco Keyfit. Just thought it might be a good enough deal to buy the convertable early.

What i really want to buy is the Evenflow Symphony. With the coupon that Babies R Us always has circulating, i should be able to get it for 160. It shrinks down really small, but then the head support extends a lot. Should be able to get some good use out of it.

I was looking for a small carseat for a small car, but after looking at them in the store today, i'm pretty resigned to the fact that i will be sitting in the back instead of in the front passenger seat. Our car is just too small. I can't even sit in front of our infant seat. (We drive a 2003 toyota echo)

September 6th, 2010, 11:40 AM
Super Mommy
My store was sold out too, and they were offering a Graco MyRide 65 for $95 in exchange for them being sold out. You should check if your store will do that for you.

I almost bought one. LOL.

Thank you JMC1988 for my siggy!

September 6th, 2010, 12:10 PM
amylynne01's Avatar One happy mama
Quote:
Originally Posted by alicenwonderland View Post
the store was sold out anyway, and i wasn't impressed with the seat in person.

We have the infant stage covered. I already ahve a Chicco Keyfit. Just thought it might be a good enough deal to buy the convertable early.

What i really want to buy is the Evenflow Symphony. With the coupon that Babies R Us always has circulating, i should be able to get it for 160. It shrinks down really small, but then the head support extends a lot. Should be able to get some good use out of it.

I was looking for a small carseat for a small car, but after looking at them in the store today, i'm pretty resigned to the fact that i will be sitting in the back instead of in the front passenger seat. Our car is just too small. I can't even sit in front of our infant seat. (We drive a 2003 toyota echo)
A convertible will take up less room front to back than an infant seat, so don't give up hope yet! The Complete Air is super upright and fits in many cars.

September 6th, 2010, 12:14 PM
Clay and Carson's mommy
Good deal if you're looking for new seats right now!
My friend got a RA50,and a MA for under $300.00! That's a steal for Britax!
September 6th, 2010, 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amylynne01 View Post
A convertible will take up less room front to back than an infant seat, so don't give up hope yet! The Complete Air is super upright and fits in many cars.
I didn't take this into account. Would be soooo nice! I'm 5'9 and its all in my legs. I just would really rather not buy a new car for a carseat lol. It's rather nice having the car paid off! Thanks for the info.

September 7th, 2010, 12:54 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Just adding that my convertible is a lot smaller than the infant carrier (we had a chicco keyfit) and it left me almost no legroom (Im 5"10) and now with the britax RF I can have the seat a long way back.

We have a 2 door VW polo so I sympathise on the small car situation, ours is only going to be more complicated when #2 arrives!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search