gdiapers

Forum: Thirtysomething Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Thirtysomething Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 12th, 2008, 02:33 PM
Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
has anyone heard of them? is anyone using them? Its a type that you can flush.
July 12th, 2008, 02:37 PM
Mitra Shonu's Avatar ~Seeking the Way~
Wow, diapers you can flush! I've never heard of them. Where can you get them?

A very special THANK YOU to Bokkechick for my gorgeous new siggy!

July 12th, 2008, 02:42 PM
white5199's Avatar Super Mommy
I have a friend that uses them. I think she's semi-satisfied with them. Would you like me to get more information from her and ask her where she buys them and for how much?

<MARQUEE WIDTH="100%" BEHAVIOR="scroll" SCROLLAMOUNT="5" DIRECTION="left"><a href="http://www.white5199.blogspot.com/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">
</a>
</MARQUEE>
July 12th, 2008, 02:42 PM
I saw them on another site. Read about them on the internet.

July 12th, 2008, 02:50 PM
Quote:
I have a friend that uses them. I think she's semi-satisfied with them. Would you like me to get more information from her and ask her where she buys them and for how much?[/b]
That would be great! Thanks.

July 12th, 2008, 02:54 PM
Quote:
I have a friend that uses them. I think she's semi-satisfied with them. Would you like me to get more information from her and ask her where she buys them and for how much?[/b]

missed your post completely. info would be great!
July 12th, 2008, 07:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It would be great to find out more info on them!
July 13th, 2008, 06:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Those do look very interesting - I use(ed) cloth on both kids - these look sort of in between

Wow! did you see that it takes up to 500 years for a disposable to decompose? That's crazy!!!
July 13th, 2008, 08:21 AM
m_westbro's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hmmmm, interesting!!

my photog blog / my family blog
July 13th, 2008, 11:31 AM
Mommy2Monkeys's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
INteresting ... Hopefully mine will be out of diapers SOON though

Our Family Blog My Scrap Blog
July 13th, 2008, 01:14 PM
That's what I keep thinking too Jodie.

I've emailed my friend who used them. I'll post what she has to say about them when she replies.

<MARQUEE WIDTH="100%" BEHAVIOR="scroll" SCROLLAMOUNT="5" DIRECTION="left"><a href="http://www.white5199.blogspot.com/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">
</a>
</MARQUEE>
July 14th, 2008, 09:09 AM
Here's the review from my friend who uses them:

Gdiapers: I love them, DH is okay with them. They biodegrade in 50-150 days instead of the 500ish years that disposables take. They go on just like a diaper, are easy to prep, pack in the diaper bag, and not that much more than disposables, however if the LO has chunky thighs like my guy the middle of the "pad" insert can get squished together and sometimes a dirty dipaer can be pretty messy. G's have a cloth outer cover a waterproof insert liner that snaps in and out and then a disposasble/flushable pad that goes in the liner. Dirty diapers require disposing of the pad, and then usually rinsing the liner. That's the part DH doesn't care for, but it really doesn't bother me. I use a bathroom sink and keep anti bacterial soap there, squirt the soap in, rub the liner together to get everything off and rinse. Then I keep clorox wipes in the bathroom and wipe down the sink afterwards. You could also just throw it in the washing machine but that's a lot of small loads pretty frequently. Hope that helps. Overall I'm really happy with them but we still use overnight diapers at night, and I'm possibly considering cloth diapering with the Gs instead of uisng the flusahable pads. We'll see.

Hope that helps. If Maddox doesn't take on the potty training I may buy these after we finish the box of diapers we have now.

</a>
</MARQUEE>
July 14th, 2008, 09:26 AM
Thank you Trinity. And thank your friend also. It's good to hear a "real" person's opinion on a product. I think we might give them a try also, although Mitchell weighs 22 lbs. and is a chunky monkey. We might just buy the starter kit and see how it goes.

July 15th, 2008, 06:53 AM
Platinum Supermommy
You should definitely look on the Cloth Diapering board, they will be able to answer a lot of your questions. There are a lot of women in my PR who use them or other CDs, or have tried them and I know they go to that board also!
July 15th, 2008, 11:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We did use them for a bit but Vivien outgrew the size so quickly, i do have one g that still fits her but we've been using the seventh gen sposies and I'm happy with them. I may eventually switch back into the g's but i've tried 2 sizes and they didn't fit quite right.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search