Your SO

Forum: Thirtysomething Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Thirtysomething Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 22nd, 2008, 05:44 AM
Platinum Supermommy
How did you and your SO meet? What year was it?
July 22nd, 2008, 05:55 AM
dragonfly13
DELETED
July 22nd, 2008, 06:37 AM
lovingkate&chloe's Avatar Veteran
I met David in March of 2005. He is actually the Brother-In-Law of my second cousin. Doesn't get any more Southern than that! He was ready to jump into a relationship, and I wasn't even divorced yet. I had just seperated from my husband, and had no desire to settle down again. We talked but didn't date until the end of August of 2005. We were married in May of 2006.
July 22nd, 2008, 07:17 AM
Mitra Shonu's Avatar ~Seeking the Way~
I met Jason on May 2nd, 1997 at a bar...Really bad, right? Well, it just so happens that I had decided about two months earlier that I was done with stupid men and relationships for a while. I had 2 kids that I needed to take care of, and probably no good men out there would want a woman who already had kids, right? So on May 2nd, my friends and I were having a girls night out...not on a man hunt (half were already married), but just out to have a good time catching up and talking. Well, we were sitting in this annex part of a bar away from most of the noise, and the dart boards were in there. Jason and his friend were playing darts and started talking to us. But I didn't pay too much attention cause I wasn't looking for anybody. 11:00 rolled around and I decided it was time to go home, so I got up, said it was nice to meet you and left. Next morning, my friend called and asked what I had thought of him, I couldn't remember what he even looked liked, then she said he had given her his card after I had left and told her to tell me to call him. Then she said the only reason she was even telling me about the card was because he wasn't drinking... He had plain iced tea the whole night, so she didn't think he was more of what I had decided I didn't need. Well, the following week was my son's birthday, and that's when she gave me his card, then I had to wait until Monday to call him. I was really really nervous. I was 27 and had NEVER called a boy first. Well, I plucked up some nerve from somewhere deep down inside me, because 11 years later here we are: a house, a dog, and YES...there are really good men out there who want a woman who already has 2 children, (and gives her 2 more!)

A very special THANK YOU to Bokkechick for my gorgeous new siggy!

July 22nd, 2008, 08:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We actually met back in 1996 when I was working in a convenience store.

July 22nd, 2008, 01:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
we met at a 4th of july bbq in 1993. been together ever since!
July 22nd, 2008, 02:36 PM
white5199's Avatar Super Mommy
I met my SO on May 2 of 1997 too Melissa!!! How funny is that? I met him at a party one night and we've been together ever since that night. Got married on May 1, 1999 (hence my screen name).

<MARQUEE WIDTH="100%" BEHAVIOR="scroll" SCROLLAMOUNT="5" DIRECTION="left"><a href="http://www.white5199.blogspot.com/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">
</a>
</MARQUEE>
July 22nd, 2008, 03:58 PM
Mommy2Monkeys's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No SO here!

Our Family Blog My Scrap Blog
July 23rd, 2008, 08:09 AM
VeronicaBride's Avatar Jen
DH and I worked together. We started working together June 2001 but didn't start dating until around October 2002.

July 23rd, 2008, 12:32 PM
mighttyjomomma
SO's brother and my friend hooked us up by dragging us along on a double date one night.. I was already dating someone else but DH was determined to make me his, and sure enough he did!
July 23rd, 2008, 01:00 PM
Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Dec 1996 I think he came back from visiting his family in England for the christmas break. I just hired in as a YMCA staff member and met him a few weeks later.
July 24th, 2008, 07:52 AM
m_westbro's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I met Derek in August of '89 when I was a freshman in college. We both played sports and met through some other ball players.

my photog blog / my family blog
July 24th, 2008, 08:25 AM
Veteran
2004..We met through my friend who was married to his brother
July 24th, 2008, 12:43 PM
mythreesons's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have known DH since I was in 4th grade. He was in Boy Scouts with my brother. We had our first date at a local country fair. We dated for a week when I turned 16 (we were each other's first kiss ). A week later, I broke up with him and started dating one of his good friends . We stayed friend's throughout high school but lost touch in college. In 1997, we bumped into each other at a local carnival and got to talking. I went away to Germany for a few weeks but set up a date when I got back at the same fair that we had our first first date. We have been together ever since.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my wonderful siggy!

Me: Kristine

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search