i start my first clomid pill tomorrow!!

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 6th, 2008, 08:50 AM
mommy jenn's Avatar Mega Super Mom2Morgan
Hi ladies

af started yesterday so i get to start my first clomid pill tomorrow, im so excited but yet im so nervous. what if i dont get my bfp this month? im going to cry my eyes out!!! this will be the first month we will really really really be trying and i think the clomid and hsving to time our bding is going to make that bfn look really really hard!!!

i hope it doesnt take to long to get preg because i cant actaully deal with much more emotional pain right now!

its nice to know i have you ladies here to talk to!!!

July 6th, 2008, 08:58 AM
ilmsg's Avatar Veteran
Good luck on Clomid. I hope it happens quick for you but just know it may not happen the first time... it's nice to think positive but it's also nice to be realistic so that you aren't heartbroken if it takes a little time.

Best of luck.
TTC #1 since October 2006

Three Clomid/IUI cycles... all BFN
IVF #1: Transferred 2, BFN
IVF #2 (FET): Cancelled due to thin lining, converted to EFT cycle

*Abnormal EFT/biopsy...surgical hysteroscopy done to remove scarring and polyps*
Mock IVF cycle and repeat EFT is NORMAL!

FET transfer 10/27, BFP!!

#1 Beta: 11/5 - 44
#2 Beta: 11/7 - 145
#3 Beta: 11/14 - 4835
1st U/S: 12/2 - no h/b, waiting to m/c

July 6th, 2008, 11:13 AM
Hopingfor1soon's Avatar Expecting a Miracle!
Send a message via MSN to Hopingfor1soon Send a message via Yahoo to Hopingfor1soon
Good Luck with the Clomid hun!! I am on my 3rd cycle with Clomid right now. This cycle I am taking 150mg. The key to Clomid is finding the right dosage that will get you the best results. Dont be too upset if it doesnt happen the first month. I know its easier said than done, but in all reality it is more common to get pg on the 2nd or 3rd cycle....If you have any questions about Clomid or the side effects or anything at all dont be afraid to PM me! Lots of baby dust too you!

July 6th, 2008, 11:27 AM
Veteran
I'm right there with you. We did our first go round of clomid this month. When I went in for my mid cycle ultrasound there were two gorgeous follies waiting to pop. While I was laying there looking at those follies all I could do was think if this doesn't work I'm going to break down big time. Now that I'm further into the cycle I realize there are other things to do and more plans to try so I don't think I will be crushed if it doesn't happen. But I will be super sad just because I am every time I get a BFN.

for you! No matter what eventually you'll do this. And all this crap will be but a distant memory.
July 6th, 2008, 12:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Good Luck with the Clomd. Try not to get your hopes up too high. You could definately get pg your frist cycle, but I would hate to see you dissapointed if it doesn't work. I try to plan an "activity" for when AF would be due that I couldn't do when if I was pregnant. Last night, it was drinking with some friends.

I really hope the Clomid does the trick for you on the first try! Keep us posted!

July 6th, 2008, 12:59 PM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good luck! I too will reiterate not to get your hopes too high. I'm on my 2nd cycle of 50 mg. The first cycle did wonders to get my body doing what it should do, but this cycle things are much better. I Od on CD17 last time and on 13 this time. Hopefully the Clomid works quickly for you.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

July 6th, 2008, 03:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
What dosage are you doing? I took 50mg my first round and I didnt O. I start taking 100mg tonight. I am on CD4. I was supposed to take it yesterday but i didnt get home till late so I just decided to wait until tonight. Last month I didn it 5-9. Hopefully one day earlier might make a difference along with double dosage. Good luck! I hope we both get our BFP this month!!

Thank you MeganPixel for this Awesome Siggie!
Serenity Cadence: 3/28/06
Scarlett Leighton: 4/7/10
Lap Band Surgery 11/16/10
July 6th, 2008, 06:53 PM
Jessa78's Avatar Super Mommy
Hi, hon! I am on my 3rd cycle of Clomid, starting tonight actually. I just wanted to tell you something my doc told me when I took that first 'medicated so really, really trying now' bfn so hard: the Clomid gives you the same odds as a fertile couple and even fertile couples may take 3-6 months to get their . I'm right there with Andrea, too. I got a bfn on Thursday so I went out and bought two gallons of paint! My bedroom benefited from my angst, !

Good Luck, hon!! Dust for you:

July 6th, 2008, 10:44 PM
mommy jenn's Avatar Mega Super Mom2Morgan
thanx ladies, im a quite in touch with reality so im going to play this as a look and feel round and if i dont get my bfp then i will just remind myself it was a look and feel.

July 6th, 2008, 11:22 PM
*Michelle*
Good luck! I am on my third round at 50mg and I was sooo devastated when I didn't get preggo my first cycle. Then last cycle it didn't even work and we had to induce AF. Crazy stuff!
July 7th, 2008, 06:45 AM
ChristinaR's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good Luck Jenn!!! This month was my first round with Clomid. I took 100 mg on days 3-7 like you. My CBEFM asked me for test sticks starting yesterday and Iím already on my second day of high and itís only CD 11 for me. I usually donít get a high till at least CD 13 so I hope that is a good sign, and DH is on vacation all this week so we have all the time in the world to BD. Yay!!!

Good luck to you on your first round. Iíll let you know how things work out for me this round and keep us posted. I'm curious to hear how you make out. I think I'm going to use preseed this month too. I guess it's worth a shot.

Christina

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search