One other question that I am sure most of you have been through

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 27th, 2010, 08:39 AM
brandimomof2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
For the IUI I am suppose to go in on CD 1 to get an u/s. I know the Dr's are use to this but I feel so embaressed to go in while on my period for an u/s. I am sure most of you have done this though right? If so how was it?

May 27th, 2010, 08:41 AM
Sacred Silence's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's usually fine. They are accustomed to it and think nothing of it.. I promise.

May 27th, 2010, 09:11 AM
michelle_m's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had to do that for the first time this past cycle. I was pretty embarrassed, too. When I went in, though, the most awkward part turned out not to be their reaction, which was professional, of course, but, erhm (TMI), getting to and from the exam table to the bathroom with no, ah, protection. I'm not sure if there's a solution to that.
After 2 years of infertility, IUI #3 with Clomid 75mg brought us twins.
E and N, born 6 weeks early but healthy, 1/11.
5/14 to 5/15 - TTC #3 for 1 year, then started Synthroid.
5/13/15 - Natural BFP. Chemical Pregnancy.
6/10/15 - A second natural BFP. Due Feb. 21st, 2016.

May 27th, 2010, 09:28 AM
Super Mommy
I, too, was nervous when I went in for my very first CD1 scan. I assure you they are very used to it. Once I got through it, I felt better. And I have gotten used to them. Nothing phases me anymore with fertility treatment! LOL

3 failed fresh IVFs, 1 failed FET
Surprise BFP in 12/10 after acupuncture & herbs!!
1 beautiful, perfect daughterl!

May 27th, 2010, 11:09 AM
♥Ashley♥'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree with the other girls...it may be your first time, but its something they do everyday its nothing new to them at all! Dont worry!
Cycle #1-9 - All Natural....5BFN's, 4BFP's (all ended in miscarriage)
Cycle #10-11 - Met with first RE, diagnosed with heterzygeous MTHFR mutation & slightly low SA on all counts. -BFN, Cycle #12 - First IUI+Trigger - BFN, Cycle #13 - BFN
Cycle #14-15 - Met with new RE, diagnosed with a blocked right tube that previous RE completely overlooked or didnt care to mention. Soy (120mg) - BFN
Cycle #16 - Clomid (100mg) - BFN, Cycle #17 - Clomid (100mg)+Trigger+IUI - BFN
Cycle #18 - Acupuncture+Clomid (100mg) - BFN
Cycle #19-27 - 2 Soy (160mg) cycles, the rest all natural also 30lbs lost!! - BFN's
Cycle #28 - New RE is GREAT! Put on bcp 7/6/11, Lap surgery 8/1/11- Tubal cyst (5cm) found and removed, Uterine Septum removed, and Stage II-III endo removed. Cycle #29 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle #30 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle#31 - All Natural - BFN, DONE TTC FOR NOW

May 27th, 2010, 11:33 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
I was horrified to do this, too. One of the other girls suggested this little trick...wear a tampon AND a pad to the appointment. They always ask if you need to use the restroom before the exam, so I would say yes, remove the tampon, and clean up a little. Then I'd wear the pad into the exam room until they told me to undress. Most of the time it wasn't a problem, and even if you leak or drip a little, they don't care at all...they see it every day and pretty soon you'll think nothing of it. Good luck!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (5), Abigail (3) and George (3)

May 27th, 2010, 11:34 AM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I didn't do a CD1 scan, I did a CD3 scan and I hated it...but like the other ladies said...the doctors are use to it.
May 27th, 2010, 02:13 PM
Veteran
I also came to this board with the same question last year, scared to death about what to do, and I did what the other girls said-wore a pad into the room, then undressed quickly and hopped up on the table-there was a Chux pad on the table, so it wasn't too bad. I'll echo all the other girls..they are used to it and nobody made me feel awkward at the RE's office or anything.

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~Mark Twain
May 27th, 2010, 02:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
wow i've never even heard of this but I did have to have a scan while I was miscarrying because they thought it was ectopic. Same sorta concept...a lot of blood and I was so embarrassed. The tech doing my scan didn't make a big deal out of it at all. I kept apologizing for the blood and she just kept saying not to worry.

May 27th, 2010, 08:34 PM
brandimomof2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies. I too had to go in while I was miscarrying and my Dr had to do an exam and dig the placenta and all out because it was stuck in my cervix so I guess that is really no different. Worrying about my bleeding was the farthest thing from my mind at that time though.

May 28th, 2010, 09:59 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMH View Post
I was horrified to do this, too. One of the other girls suggested this little trick...wear a tampon AND a pad to the appointment. They always ask if you need to use the restroom before the exam, so I would say yes, remove the tampon, and clean up a little. Then I'd wear the pad into the exam room until they told me to undress. Most of the time it wasn't a problem, and even if you leak or drip a little, they don't care at all...they see it every day and pretty soon you'll think nothing of it. Good luck!

This is exactly what I did all the time. Worked out perfectly!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search