Kiwi

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 28th, 2010, 10:15 AM
Kobain's Mommy's Avatar Future A&M Aggies Mommy
I just saw your siggy. Congrats! When do you get the testing to see about the chromosomes. We had Coby tested and he does have DH's translocation. I was hoping he wouldn't but he's here and healthy so that's what counts.

made by BAM

May 31st, 2010, 08:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks Nicole! Yep, I'm knocked up again! Obviously falling preggers isn't going to be too much of an issue for me. We are still on the IVF waiting list, and will keep our pregnancy quiet until we get a little further down the track as we don't want to lose our spot just yet (the genetics councellor suggested that).

We have our first scan on Thursday to see if there is a heartbeat (will be around 7+5 weeks if I go off my last AF). If there is a heartbeat, we'll be booking in the CVS for around 12 weeks. I could not imagine losing a baby later on in pregnancy or at birth, so I want to know if there is any chromosome issues as soon as possible. I am very much hoping I will miscarry if the chromosomes are unbalanced, however as I didn't last time, we do have to expect the same thing could happen this time as well... But we are just trying to stay positive and hope everything is perfect with our little baby!

By the way, congrats on your beautiful little man!! It's very sad to hear he has the Balanced Translocation, but you are very lucky to know that now - Knowledge is power, and knowing this well before he ever comes close to TTC himself will help so much. Hopefully by the time he does want children of his own, there will be more to help people with this disorder.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search