update on my dr appt today

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 1st, 2010, 04:19 PM
wendy1134's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ok sorry it took so long we were gone all day long then I got busy when I got home and had a headache and had to fix dinner and my oldest neice came to visit to get her late birthday present I made her (fishing box she wanted)

Ok so my visit went well everyone was very nice and very helpful. the nurse answered all of our questions and said to call if we have anymore. I am number 11 on the waiting list but some are already prego and 3 couples are looking at sets of embryos and 2 of those couples are looking into larger sets of embryos. 2 people on the list are not looking for donor embryos at this present time. So they say there is about a 1 month time frame per couple to get a donor could be sooner. Also I can skip ahead in line for a donor due to some people are not looking at this time. She said she doesn't think it will take 11 months she said it could even be maybe end of summer we could be presented with a donor embryos to choose from. She would present us with what they have to offer like if it's a small set and if we are ok with it then we can use those or we can pass and wait for a larger set. Keeping my fingers crossed it happens sooner than later. The nurse said it will happen sooner rather than later!! oh she said the would transfer 2 embryos but depending on the age and quality of the embryo's we could transfer more if we wanted. So I guess I'll have to be thinking about that when time comes.

Ok to the ultrasound and sono he tried to insert the cath and had an issue getting it in because I'm a bit crooked inside no big deal I told him my body just doesn't like to work like I tell it to!! LOL.. I have scoliosis so I told him that is why I'm crooked...LOL. Ok so he had to use a smaller cath and finally got it to go in and Wow that really smart when he had to get passed the crooked part I even said OUCH!! Then it was ok. he was as gentle as he could be so it's all good. He said everything looked good inside so no problems

Talked to the nurse about the meds I would be using and she told me to go to there website and they have a how to do shots videos that will teach me how to do my own shots and stuff she said the videos are great and very easy to understand. I did call the insurance company and I got great news all of the meds they want to put me on are covered so I won't have to pay full price!! I was so excited to hear that!!

so that is the update for today. I'm so excited it's finally going to happen.

Thank you to all you wonderful ladies for the great support I have recieved here I appreciate everyone!!
June 1st, 2010, 04:24 PM
pianogirl's Avatar Veteran
Sounds like you are officially on your way! Here's hoping the wait is short and you get in by summer time like they are predicting.
TTC#2 since June 2008
Did Puregon and IUI from June 2008 - Dec.2008
Began process of testing and getting ready for IVF w/ICSI Feb.2009
Did first IVF w/ICSI in May. MC June 2009
Did IVF with FET Oct 2009 and had CP
Begin taking BCP on May 7 for IVF
Lupron injections on May 15
Gonal-F & Menupor on May 28
Retrieval on June 7, 5 day transfer w/2 embryo's on June 12
June 21-4 weeks pregnant!! Praying for heartbeat at 7 week ultrasound
July 12-We are having twins! Two strong heartbeats. Thank you God.
Jan 13,2011-Marcus and Caleb were born.

June 1st, 2010, 04:25 PM
Thanks Michelle!
June 1st, 2010, 05:05 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh wow, super awesome! Did you have lunch afterwords? I said ouch really loudly when the catheter went in to, but it wasn't so bad. Glad you had a great appointment Wendy.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

June 1st, 2010, 05:11 PM
Yes Missy we did do lunch but my husband LOVES Checkers and there happen to be one not to far away so that's where we ended up..LOL.. Then we went shopping at a sport store we got some new fishing stuff )

I did have some discharge after but I knew that I would but I came prepared.
Just hoping my wait isn't too long.
June 1st, 2010, 05:58 PM
lex1078's Avatar Waiting patiently....
Wendy, that is awesome news! I hope you get your embryos by the end of the summer and everything is a go!! Glad you had such a wonderful appt. KUP with how everything turns out.

June 1st, 2010, 06:46 PM
Jessie0505's Avatar Finally a Mommy!
yay for good news!! i hope you get those embabies soon..that you dont have to wait very long!
June 2nd, 2010, 12:36 AM
Thanks ladies! I also hope it's not a long wait!
June 2nd, 2010, 05:05 AM
michelle_m's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats! That's good news. Hope you get a BFP this summer!
After 2 years of infertility, IUI #3 with Clomid 75mg brought us twins.
E and N, born 6 weeks early but healthy, 1/11.
5/14 to 5/15 - TTC #3 for 1 year, then started Synthroid.
5/13/15 - Natural BFP. Chemical Pregnancy.
6/10/15 - A second natural BFP. Due Feb. 21st, 2016.

June 2nd, 2010, 08:01 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh I so hope that we both will be getting calls soon!!!!! You are well on your way, and my fingers are crossed!!!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search