My RE just called...

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 11th, 2010, 12:55 PM
♥Ashley♥'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
personally. Not so great news...she started off by saying how glad she is that she did push to get the X-ray films (from my old RE) before prescribing Clomid. Right then my heart started to race because I was scared she found something wrong. I was right. She says "your left tube looks perfectly fine...but your right tube does not. It looks like it had a really hard time (the dye) getting through your right tube, it actually looks very scarred and misshapen (?)." Okay now, I know I wasnt a part of TTCMA back when I had my HSG done, but the day I had it done I came on JM that day and talked about how everything went and I said something didnt look right with my right tube, it took alot longer for the dye to go through, and it looked completely different than the left. So this has me really really worried now. She says she isnt 100% sure, so she is taking my films to a radiology conference at the beginning of July...but it looks like to her that I have had an ectopic pregnancy. Now this theory really has me thinking. Well, awhile ago I was ranting on JM (in private I think) about how im SO confused that I used to get pregnant so easily, and ever since the last pregnancy it has been 6 months straight with nothing? Her theory is that my last pregnancy was an ectopic and that it damaged my right tube, and that is why we are having way more troubles getting pregnant than we were before. Anytime I would O from my right side, the egg most likely wouldnt get through therefore no chance of getting pregnant.

I am scared to death that we are going to need IVF. She mentioned those three letters to me and I about fell out of my chair. (along with some procedure that CAN help, no guarantees at all though) IVF is the only way to get an embryo exactly where it needs to be. With IUI's & Clomid there is always gonna be a chance I can O from my right side, which would be useless...and also if I did have an ectopic, I am at more of a risk for another now. Did I mention I am scared to death? How am I 23 years old, been TTC for over a year and now it has possibly come to this? We can try on our own this month, but I have no confidence in that working anymore. I cant believe this is my TTC story...these are things I read about when I first came to JM and never thought it would be me, never. Please, girls, cross your fingers, pray, whatever you do that my right tube is okay. I sure have a feeling that it isnt though. One good thing has come from this, thank god I changed RE's because with my old one we'd be doing IUI after IUI and wasting our money.

I just wanted to quote a friend from WTTC grads, she layed it out the best. This is pretty much what my RE said, but I have such a hard time reiterating what the Dr's say to me for some reason. They say SO much that I get off the phone and my mind is all jumbled.

Quote:
Let's say that your early m/c are due to some genetic issue causing the embryos to stop developing while still very very small. (Likely given the pattern of your losses). And let's say that one of those ended up in your tube and began developing, hit the point at which the others stopped developing, and did the same. It could stretch or scar the tube but not rupture it in that case. Your body can actually reabsorb an ectopic that stops developing.
All I can do is cry...
Cycle #1-9 - All Natural....5BFN's, 4BFP's (all ended in miscarriage)
Cycle #10-11 - Met with first RE, diagnosed with heterzygeous MTHFR mutation & slightly low SA on all counts. -BFN, Cycle #12 - First IUI+Trigger - BFN, Cycle #13 - BFN
Cycle #14-15 - Met with new RE, diagnosed with a blocked right tube that previous RE completely overlooked or didnt care to mention. Soy (120mg) - BFN
Cycle #16 - Clomid (100mg) - BFN, Cycle #17 - Clomid (100mg)+Trigger+IUI - BFN
Cycle #18 - Acupuncture+Clomid (100mg) - BFN
Cycle #19-27 - 2 Soy (160mg) cycles, the rest all natural also 30lbs lost!! - BFN's
Cycle #28 - New RE is GREAT! Put on bcp 7/6/11, Lap surgery 8/1/11- Tubal cyst (5cm) found and removed, Uterine Septum removed, and Stage II-III endo removed. Cycle #29 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle #30 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle#31 - All Natural - BFN, DONE TTC FOR NOW

Last edited by ♥Ashley♥; June 11th, 2010 at 02:14 PM.
June 11th, 2010, 03:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh, Ashley...

I will say many, many prayers that you get better news when your RE talks things over with her colleagues. I'm so glad that you did switch DR's though... even if you do find our that you'll have to do IVF, at least you aren't wasting your time like you said with IUI after IUI... all for nothing.

Lots of hugs coming your way, sweetie!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

June 11th, 2010, 03:15 PM
Dóchas's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh sweety I'm so sorry I know how scared you feel right now I felt the same when I found out about my tube. It's breaks my heart that you have to go through this after everything else.

I'll be praying you get some good news honey. But I agree with Kari at least you won't be wasting money for nothing. Believe me when I say I know what your going through. I wish there something I could say. I'm send you a great big hug from across the sea.

[SIZE="3"]

June 11th, 2010, 05:00 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
ashley i am in tears for you you know im here for you anytime hon....you and jason are in my prayers tonight and always

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
June 11th, 2010, 05:32 PM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hugs
June 11th, 2010, 07:14 PM
SarieP's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh Ashley I'm so sorry I know how hard this is for you and I'm so sad that you had to get bad news today. I really hope it's just a fluke and everything is ok. I am crossing my fingers so tightly for you

June 11th, 2010, 07:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry Ashley. Don't give up yet, you have one healthy tube and many women get pregnant on their own with only 1 tube. Plus, it sounds like your new Dr. is doing everything that she can to help you out. You might not need to do IVF.

June 12th, 2010, 12:54 AM
barbarella's Avatar Super Mommy
Oh Ashley so sorry. On a positive note though as the other ladies have said you could still get pregnant naturally, it may not come to IVF. Hope things work out for you

Make a pregnancy ticker
June 12th, 2010, 04:57 AM
Oriyan's Avatar Platinum Superdupermommy
*hugs* I am so sorry your first RE was a moron. I am glad the new one caught the issue though!!

The way I like to think about MA, is that we don't get pregnant the popular way. We are more special because we need intervention to get us pregnant and we are apart of a cool special club that the majority of girls are not apart of :-) IVF is just another way to get pregnant the "cool" way
June 12th, 2010, 06:34 AM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
June 12th, 2010, 08:02 AM
Platinum Supermommy
FWIW they think I had an ectopic in Nov 2008 that basically turned into a natural miscarriage and I conceived my second baby in April 2009.

Anyways I'm sorry that you feel discouraged! Is it possible for them to give you drugs to make you produce more follicles in hopes that you'll have at least one from the left ovary? then they can do IUI.

June 12th, 2010, 01:17 PM
michelle_m's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry for your bad news. But, just to reiterate what some others have said, it doesn't necessarily have to come to IVF. Plenty of women TTC with one tube and get pregnant without having to move on to IVF. Sounds like Clomid and IUI should be the first step - if you're superovulating, you'll probably have follies on both sides.

Hugs.
After 2 years of infertility, IUI #3 with Clomid 75mg brought us twins.
E and N, born 6 weeks early but healthy, 1/11.
5/14 to 5/15 - TTC #3 for 1 year, then started Synthroid.
5/13/15 - Natural BFP. Chemical Pregnancy.
6/10/15 - A second natural BFP. Due Feb. 21st, 2016.

June 13th, 2010, 10:00 AM
♥Ashley♥'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks so much everyone. Im just very anxious to see what happens in July when she calls me after the radiology meeting. Not giving up though, Im still drinking my lemon water (started at the end of last cycle) and im gonna do soy isoflavones CD5-9 (like I was gonna do with Clomid) and I bought some geritol at the grocery store today, so im gonna add that to my regiman.
Cycle #1-9 - All Natural....5BFN's, 4BFP's (all ended in miscarriage)
Cycle #10-11 - Met with first RE, diagnosed with heterzygeous MTHFR mutation & slightly low SA on all counts. -BFN, Cycle #12 - First IUI+Trigger - BFN, Cycle #13 - BFN
Cycle #14-15 - Met with new RE, diagnosed with a blocked right tube that previous RE completely overlooked or didnt care to mention. Soy (120mg) - BFN
Cycle #16 - Clomid (100mg) - BFN, Cycle #17 - Clomid (100mg)+Trigger+IUI - BFN
Cycle #18 - Acupuncture+Clomid (100mg) - BFN
Cycle #19-27 - 2 Soy (160mg) cycles, the rest all natural also 30lbs lost!! - BFN's
Cycle #28 - New RE is GREAT! Put on bcp 7/6/11, Lap surgery 8/1/11- Tubal cyst (5cm) found and removed, Uterine Septum removed, and Stage II-III endo removed. Cycle #29 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle #30 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle#31 - All Natural - BFN, DONE TTC FOR NOW

June 13th, 2010, 10:11 AM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥Ashley♥ View Post
Thanks so much everyone. Im just very anxious to see what happens in July when she calls me after the radiology meeting. Not giving up though, Im still drinking my lemon water (started at the end of last cycle) and im gonna do soy isoflavones CD5-9 (like I was gonna do with Clomid) and I bought some geritol at the grocery store today, so im gonna add that to my regiman.
Im wishing you tons of luck!!!!!!!!!!!!

June 13th, 2010, 05:30 PM
~Lynda~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
oh hun, i feel so bad you are so upset! I know I would be too. We are having to go the IVF route too cause DHs swimmers don't know where to swim! I hope you don't have to go that route, but at least it is an option!!! HUGS

June 13th, 2010, 10:53 PM
Tammyms's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ashley, I'm so sorry you're going through this, but thank God you have a new RE that is doing so much for you and finding everything out!

Make a pregnancy ticker

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search