horrible RE appt update :[

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 17th, 2010, 04:27 PM
Veteran
Went to the RE today. He suggested I get an u/s to see what's going on with my follicles, and if any are ready, do an HCG shot and then we could even do the IUI this cycle. Sounds great right? I mean, I *am* at CD 20.

They squeezed me in for the u/s [which is NOT covered by my insurance btw], just to find out that I had a bunch of teeny follicles, all measuring under 10mm!!! What the f*&^! I immediately start crying and DBF is holding my hand, trying to comfort me. Not only did I waste this money on the u/s but now the Clomid isn't working!

Meet back up with the RE. Apparently my endometrium is at 20.74mm [which is very thick I guess] and he thinks it would be best to start the Provera again, b/c it looks like it could be another 2 weeks before I ovulate, since my follicles are so freaking teeny. He said the good news is that I seem to be responding SOMEWHAT to the Clomid b/c I have a bunch of signs of increased estrogen- the fertile CM, CP, the thick lining on my uterus... so he thinks I have a very good chance that a higher dose of Clomid will work. I told him I was worried about the Provera not working and he said with a lining that thick, I should have NO trouble at all.

Next cycle, he want to go to 100mg of Clomid- I talked to him about doing it CD 3-7 and he said that there is no studies that prove for sure that doing it earlier = more follies, but he said studies have shown it's been just as effective either way as far as pregnancy rates etc go, so he's fine with me taking it earlier, with the possibility that I could have more follies and more targets for the spermies.

On CD 11, he wants to do another u/s to check follies- I think he could see how frazzled I was and thought that a more monitored cycle would be better. I told him straight up, I said, "I am just so freaking tired- so stressed out about all this." When my follies are ready, I will have a trigger shot [which I have to give myself- yikes!], and then an IUI two days later.

If you got this far, thanks for reading... I guess I am just so upset that this cycle is a bust.
DS: 4

TTC our first together for almost 13 months and suffering from MFI.

Cycle #9 [May 29th, 2010]: 50mg Clomid CD 5-9: NO FOLLIES. On Provera.
Cycle #10 [July 13th, 2010]: 100mg Clomid CD 3-7: NO FOLLIES. Trying to ovulate on my own via a scan on CD 18! 12mm follie.

IUI #1 on August 3rd- CD 22! BF?

June 17th, 2010, 04:30 PM
adnelg775's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry to hear that...I hope next cycle is the one!

June 17th, 2010, 04:55 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
I'm sorry My first Clomid cycle didn't result in ovulation, either, and I was also really frustrated. I hope that the increased dosage does the trick and that next cycle will be MUCH better!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (5), Abigail (3) and George (3)

June 17th, 2010, 07:56 PM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry that this cycle is a bust. But I'm glad that your RE is on top of this now and will be monitoring you better next cycle! Hopefully the higher dosage is just what you need.

PS the trigger shot is pretty easy and painless, so I promise it won't be a big deal when the time comes!
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
IVF#3/FET#2 (November 2014) Transferred two perfect blasts- First BFP Ever.

BABY BOY- JULY 2015 @ 34 weeks 6 days

Our family is now complete. The End.

June 17th, 2010, 08:10 PM
SarieP's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aww honey I'm sorry it didn't go well. I had almost the same thing happen yesterday. I took my second round of Clomid 50mg this cycle and went for my scan yesterday.....only one 13mm follicle on CD15! Soooo bad

I go back tomorow for another one....I'm thinking this cycle is a bust though. Hopefully 100mg of Clomid will do it for the both of us!

June 18th, 2010, 12:54 AM
barbarella's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm sorry this cycle hasn't worked out for you. Hopefully the increased dose of clomid will do the trick

Make a pregnancy ticker
June 18th, 2010, 08:13 AM
♥Ashley♥'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Im so sorry! Thats got to be so frustrating!

I hope next cycle you get a whole bunch of nice follies!!!
Cycle #1-9 - All Natural....5BFN's, 4BFP's (all ended in miscarriage)
Cycle #10-11 - Met with first RE, diagnosed with heterzygeous MTHFR mutation & slightly low SA on all counts. -BFN, Cycle #12 - First IUI+Trigger - BFN, Cycle #13 - BFN
Cycle #14-15 - Met with new RE, diagnosed with a blocked right tube that previous RE completely overlooked or didnt care to mention. Soy (120mg) - BFN
Cycle #16 - Clomid (100mg) - BFN, Cycle #17 - Clomid (100mg)+Trigger+IUI - BFN
Cycle #18 - Acupuncture+Clomid (100mg) - BFN
Cycle #19-27 - 2 Soy (160mg) cycles, the rest all natural also 30lbs lost!! - BFN's
Cycle #28 - New RE is GREAT! Put on bcp 7/6/11, Lap surgery 8/1/11- Tubal cyst (5cm) found and removed, Uterine Septum removed, and Stage II-III endo removed. Cycle #29 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle #30 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle#31 - All Natural - BFN, DONE TTC FOR NOW

June 18th, 2010, 08:51 AM
jesridge's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry, gal! Sounds like the plan for next cycle will be better.. hang in there!

Born 12/30/11 and absolutely perfect!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search