6 week post partum appt was AWFUL!!!

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 24th, 2010, 08:59 AM
Angel_Maker
So today was my 6 week pp check up (how depressing, right?) So my appt. was at 8AM this morning....I got there a couple minutes til 8 and they took me right back to a room....So I'm thinking...this is gonna be great, I'll be in and out in no time....Well, the minutes on the clock are just ticking away and I can *HEAR* the pregnant women in the rooms around me talking about their babies and everything with the other DRs...I start feeling the anxiety building up inside of me and I start to cry......FINALLY at 8:50 I had had enough and I gathered my stuff and walked out of the room....a nurse was in the hallway and asked if everything was OK...I said no and that I had waited long enough and I was leaving....

I went to the check out desk to TRY and pay my $35 co pay....at this point I was hysterical and could hardly breathe.....they wouldn't accept my payment and said they couldn't allow me to drive home in that condition.....the nurse and the office manager were trying to console me and they finally took me back into a private office and were trying to talk to me...

They apologized for my long wait and said that my DR was doing rounds in the hospital and that's why everything was taking so long.....I said I didn't care and that I just wanted to leave.....Finally at like 9:15 my DR came into the office and sat and talked with me...I was crying, she was crying, it was HORRIBLE She asked what she could do to help me and I looked her dead in the eyes and in a very angry voice said, "there is NOTHING that you or anyone else can do for me now.".....I went on to tell her how ANGRY I was at the MFM DRs for refusing to put in a cerclage at 18 weeks like I had REQUESTED......I know my words were filled with hate and anger and I am so sad for that....but I just lost it....

My OB ended up calling my Primary Care DR and request that I be seen TODAY to reevaluate the meds that I'm on.....so I now have an appt. with them at 11:45 today

I'm so mentally and emotionally drained.
June 24th, 2010, 09:01 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry Brandi.

June 24th, 2010, 09:08 AM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hugs!
June 24th, 2010, 09:11 AM
momma S's Avatar Super Mommy
I am so sorry you had to deal with that. You should never have had to wait that long to be seen and it is just such a hard circumstance to deal with around all the other pg ladies. You have every right to have gotten so mad and angry, I would have lost it too. They should have been listening to you all along. I am glad you are getting into the dr again today and I hope it helps. (((((( BIG HUGS))))))
June 24th, 2010, 09:19 AM
Angel_Maker
Thanks girls

Getting ready to leave for the DR now...forgot to mention that today was Tres' EDD as well....just a bad day....
June 24th, 2010, 09:48 AM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so so sorry..
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
IVF#3/FET#2 (November 2014) Transferred two perfect blasts- First BFP Ever.

BABY BOY- JULY 2015 @ 34 weeks 6 days

Our family is now complete. The End.

June 24th, 2010, 09:49 AM
barbarella's Avatar Super Mommy
Oh god Brandi I'm so sorry

Make a pregnancy ticker
June 24th, 2010, 10:01 AM
adnelg775's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
sorry your day had to go like that. But I am glad that you spoke your mind! I would be pissed too!

June 24th, 2010, 10:10 AM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh Brandi, I'm so sorry. That appointment is hard enough without having to wait while over-thinking and listening to everything going on around you. I'm so sorry it was rough. And no, I don't imagine it also being Tres due date made it any easier at all. Totally understandable that you were upset!

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
June 24th, 2010, 10:19 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry you had such a bad day. It is completely understandable that you got so upset, I got upset just reading your post. I still feel the absolute heartache in your words, and I am just praying that you will be able to find peace and joy and God's plan will make itself known to you soon.

Thank you to *Kiliki* for creating the perfect siggy!

"Victory is sweetest when you have known defeat" ~Malcolm Forbes

IUI #1 - Nov 07 = BFN, IUI #2 - Dec 07 = BFN
IVF #1 - Apr 08 = BFN
IVF #2 - Nov 18
Dec 2 - Beta 1: 198!! Dec 4 - Beta 2: 660!!
Dec 15 - 1st U/S - We're having twins!!!
Dec 23 - 2nd U/S - Surprise it's triplets!!!
June 24th, 2010, 10:39 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (5), Abigail (3) and George (3)

June 24th, 2010, 11:31 AM
GO BUCKEYES!!! O-H-I-O!
**HUGS** I am so sorry =(

June 24th, 2010, 11:45 AM
mmllhh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Brandi, i"m so proud of you for sticking up for yourself. I know it's hard, and you are angry right now, but you will have your baby. Good luck at your second appt. I'm sure they are going to tell you that these emotions are normal. I'd think it be strange if this didn't affect you.

Forever Missing Our Ten Angels
June 24th, 2010, 11:47 AM
Jessie0505's Avatar Finally a Mommy!
oh Brandi..im soo sorry!! Big HUGS to you!!
June 24th, 2010, 11:57 AM
jamie7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am just so so sorry Brandi!

OUR SWEET BEAUTIFUL BABIES ARE HERE! BRINLEE ANN AND LUCAS JONATHAN BORN 1/3/11 AT 8:54AM AND 8:55AM!
June 24th, 2010, 12:05 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am so sorry Brandi... I have tears in my eyes for you.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

June 24th, 2010, 01:47 PM
Sota's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh Brandi, I am so sorry you had to go through that!
June 24th, 2010, 02:08 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh, Brandi, I'm so sorry you had to go through that today. ((((BIG HUGS))))
June 24th, 2010, 02:22 PM
Super Mommy
Brandi, I am so sorry.

3 failed fresh IVFs, 1 failed FET
Surprise BFP in 12/10 after acupuncture & herbs!!
1 beautiful, perfect daughterl!

June 24th, 2010, 03:41 PM
*Melissa*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
ugh, Brandi, I am so MAD for you. I didn't know you had requested a cerclage, and they didn't even look into doing one. It's completely their fault and it makes me so angry.
You should have been a priority patient. Sometimes I wonder how Dr's so easily loose their compassion, or just check it at the door. They obviously haven't been through trials in their lives...
I'm so sorry you went through that today.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search