Staying Positive

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 20th, 2011, 12:50 PM
Hello,
I am ttc #3....i have 2 boys and did not have any trouble concieving them!! We have been trying for a while now with no luck!! I am getting very discouraged!! I started using the Clear Blue Monitor last cycle. I am thinking about starting clomid next cycle!! I am taking prenatels, baby asprin and will be using preseed.

I am on cd7 and monitor showed 1st high today (started testing yesterday which was low) ...when and how often should i start BDing???

Many ppl will say that i have 2 healthy boys so i should be grateful....I am more then grateful for my boys i just don't feel done!! There is a baby out there waiting for me to be there mommy!!!

Any advice is so appreciated!!
April 20th, 2011, 03:25 PM
tawny63's Avatar Super Mommy
How long is "awhile"? I poke my head in here every so often so I can offer my personal struggles, but it kinda depends on how long you've been TTC and what you've tried so far.
12/06 clomid 50mg=INSANITY and OHSS
Decided to adopt 01/07
raced to the hospital to get our baby boy in August 2007, 12 days after we went "live" to adopt!
Mental break....ahhh. Mommy time....ahhhh. <3
Endometriosis surgery 01/16/09
Femara+IUI 03/09, 04/09, 05/09, 06/09 BFN's
07/09: mixture of acupuncture, herbs, hope, and prayers
09/2009~too much pain, had to go on BCP's.
06/10: Starting adoption process again!!!!!
10/13/10: Adoption paperwork done...now just pray and wait....
01/07/11 profiles turned into the adoption agency.
Matched April 1st, 2011 with a baby girl!
Cassidy born June 15, 2011

April 20th, 2011, 04:47 PM
*JenJen*'s Avatar impatiently waiting
good luck with TTC. How long have you been trying? Are your cycles regular? Do you ovulate regularly, with a decent length LP? All those things are important to know before we can tell you more info.

My Blog
Me: 27, PCOS, ENDO, RPL, severe vitamin D defficiency
Him: 36, severe MFI post VR but counts climbing

2006-2015 7+ years of NTNP, TTC, TTCMA, Losses, Surgeries, and Diagnoses.
RPL and Genetic Tests came back 100% normal | Endo, PCOS, severe MFI
Multiple early losses between 3 and 8 weeks.

IVF referral in= 7/2017
RE Appt #1- 8/22/2017- doctor swears I don't have PCOS or RPL, go VEGAN to cure all
RE Appt #2- 8/24/2017- sono shows clear cysts, high afc, all bloodwork comes back PCOS typical

PAUSED UNTIL JANUARY 2018 to find a new IVF clinic

April 20th, 2011, 05:01 PM
Jessie0505's Avatar Finally a Mommy!
yes..how long have you been trying? that is usually what a dr will ask too...it can take a normal healthy couple up to a year to try naturally before getting preggo..i know its tough and can be frustrating..but some people can get it right off with one kid and it just doesnt work with the other!!
April 20th, 2011, 05:07 PM
We have been consistantly trying for 14 months...My cycles range between 26 and 32 days... i bought the clear blue monitor help me pin point the days i O...i have the bbt chart and it is all over the place...i recently went to my ob/gyn and decided i will try a few more cycles and then will try clomid...
My dr prescribes clomid days 5-9, but i am reading 3-7 have a better success rate!! What do you think??

I feel very confused!!! (don't mind my spelling)

Thank You for any help!!!
April 20th, 2011, 05:14 PM
Jessie0505's Avatar Finally a Mommy!
aww..ya...drs usually will play with that...however i used soy it works like clomid and i used it on days 5-9 and it worked!! However i o normally on my own it just really strengthens your eggies..if you do it on days 3-7 it gives more eggies..thats all! Also usually after a year you usually see an RE...is there any reason they havent sent you to one? Well i sure hope you get that bfp soon! HUGS! hang in there!
April 20th, 2011, 05:37 PM
*JenJen*'s Avatar impatiently waiting
Quote:
Originally Posted by mylifemyboys View Post
We have been consistantly trying for 14 months...My cycles range between 26 and 32 days... i bought the clear blue monitor help me pin point the days i O...i have the bbt chart and it is all over the place...i recently went to my ob/gyn and decided i will try a few more cycles and then will try clomid...
My dr prescribes clomid days 5-9, but i am reading 3-7 have a better success rate!! What do you think??

I feel very confused!!! (don't mind my spelling)

Thank You for any help!!!
I definitely suggest charting all your fertility signs for a few cycles to help get a clearer picture too. If you haven't read "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" by Toni Weschler, I strongly suggest getting it and reading it. It is soo helpful in teaching you the basics of all your fertility signs and learning your basic fertile and infertile patterns.

As for the Clomid, I'd ask your doctor why they suggest days 5-9 vs. 3-7. I'd also make sure you ask for monitoring(at least bloodwork) with the clomid cycles so you can get a closer look at how your body is responding.

My Blog
Me: 27, PCOS, ENDO, RPL, severe vitamin D defficiency
Him: 36, severe MFI post VR but counts climbing

2006-2015 7+ years of NTNP, TTC, TTCMA, Losses, Surgeries, and Diagnoses.
RPL and Genetic Tests came back 100% normal | Endo, PCOS, severe MFI
Multiple early losses between 3 and 8 weeks.

IVF referral in= 7/2017
RE Appt #1- 8/22/2017- doctor swears I don't have PCOS or RPL, go VEGAN to cure all
RE Appt #2- 8/24/2017- sono shows clear cysts, high afc, all bloodwork comes back PCOS typical

PAUSED UNTIL JANUARY 2018 to find a new IVF clinic

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search