To those on a break or in some kind of limbo..

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 26th, 2011, 10:13 AM
♥Ashley♥'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How are you feeling?

Are you enjoying living your life TTC (stress) free for the time being?

Are you still tracking your cycles?

What caused you to "go on a break"?

When/will you start actively TTC again?
Cycle #1-9 - All Natural....5BFN's, 4BFP's (all ended in miscarriage)
Cycle #10-11 - Met with first RE, diagnosed with heterzygeous MTHFR mutation & slightly low SA on all counts. -BFN, Cycle #12 - First IUI+Trigger - BFN, Cycle #13 - BFN
Cycle #14-15 - Met with new RE, diagnosed with a blocked right tube that previous RE completely overlooked or didnt care to mention. Soy (120mg) - BFN
Cycle #16 - Clomid (100mg) - BFN, Cycle #17 - Clomid (100mg)+Trigger+IUI - BFN
Cycle #18 - Acupuncture+Clomid (100mg) - BFN
Cycle #19-27 - 2 Soy (160mg) cycles, the rest all natural also 30lbs lost!! - BFN's
Cycle #28 - New RE is GREAT! Put on bcp 7/6/11, Lap surgery 8/1/11- Tubal cyst (5cm) found and removed, Uterine Septum removed, and Stage II-III endo removed. Cycle #29 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle #30 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle#31 - All Natural - BFN, DONE TTC FOR NOW

April 26th, 2011, 11:00 AM
Veteran
How are you feeling? ugggg...... time is standing still.....

Are you enjoying living your life TTC (stress) free for the time being? no

Are you still tracking your cycles? no well kinda

What caused you to "go on a break"? Cysts after a inj cycle..

When/will you start actively TTC again? hopefully in about 2 more days when af shows, as long as the cysts are gone!! then we will do inj, trigger and IUI
April 26th, 2011, 11:02 AM
*Melissa*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How are you feeling?

Are you enjoying living your life TTC (stress) free for the time being? For the most part yes. There are always those days though when it seems like everyone is getting pregnant and I wish I was doing something to actively TRY...
It is so refreshing to have weeks though when I have NO CLUE what CD I am on and sex is just for fun lol

Are you still tracking your cycles? a little. I pretty much gave up this cycle though. My first cycle off all meds. I hoped for some form of normalcy. I never got a pos OPK and I think I am on CD 23 or something ridiculous like that

What caused you to "go on a break"? Money. We had saved up for 3 iui's/ injectables. We were pretty confident that it would've worked this time within 3 iui's. What couldn't have been predicted was the way I would respond to the stims after having Ronan... WAY more sensitive to it this time around.
We are now saving up for IVF- it is just more practical for us, given our situation.

When/will you start actively TTC again? Late August.
April 26th, 2011, 11:55 AM
LindseyMarie's Avatar Professionally Awesome
How are you feeling? Sad, but... ok.

Are you enjoying living your life TTC (stress) free for the time being? I was, but now my RE appointments are replaced with Physical therapy for my back from injuries in a car accident last month.

Are you still tracking your cycles? No... I havent had one in a few months. Not pregnant though. Just anovulatory.

What caused you to "go on a break"? being told I didn't qualify for IVF because of a high FSH, on top of other reasons. We may try again locally, but I'm pretty crushed now.

When/will you start actively TTC again? Who knows.

After years of trying, 2 years of fertility meds, multiple surgeries, blood draws and needle sticks, some awful pre-IVF complications, and endometriosis and PCOS,
We are done TTC. Praying for peace as we accept this...
Hoping for some comfort after our most recent (and 3rd) surgery and starting Lupron!

April 26th, 2011, 12:31 PM
♥Ashley♥'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How are you feeling? Wonderful, actually, which is quite shocking and a few months ago I would have never guessed i'd be saying that. I attribute it ALL to my weight loss and getting healthy.

Are you enjoying living your life TTC (stress) free for the time being? Absolutely!

Are you still tracking your cycles? Somewhat, I think after TTC and knowing about cm and what it means I will always watch that, but other than that no, not really. I have had to check FF quite a few times this month to see what CD im on!

What caused you to "go on a break"? Being told it was time to move forward with IVF and not wanting to waste another dime on one last IUI that we could put towards IVF. Along with the fact that after 2 1/2 years I need a REAL break (Ive had months where I relaxed a little but nothing where I just stopped completely)

When/will you start actively TTC again? We will talk again in 6ish months, im still not very sure how I feel about IVF and the financial burden.
Cycle #1-9 - All Natural....5BFN's, 4BFP's (all ended in miscarriage)
Cycle #10-11 - Met with first RE, diagnosed with heterzygeous MTHFR mutation & slightly low SA on all counts. -BFN, Cycle #12 - First IUI+Trigger - BFN, Cycle #13 - BFN
Cycle #14-15 - Met with new RE, diagnosed with a blocked right tube that previous RE completely overlooked or didnt care to mention. Soy (120mg) - BFN
Cycle #16 - Clomid (100mg) - BFN, Cycle #17 - Clomid (100mg)+Trigger+IUI - BFN
Cycle #18 - Acupuncture+Clomid (100mg) - BFN
Cycle #19-27 - 2 Soy (160mg) cycles, the rest all natural also 30lbs lost!! - BFN's
Cycle #28 - New RE is GREAT! Put on bcp 7/6/11, Lap surgery 8/1/11- Tubal cyst (5cm) found and removed, Uterine Septum removed, and Stage II-III endo removed. Cycle #29 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle #30 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle#31 - All Natural - BFN, DONE TTC FOR NOW

April 26th, 2011, 02:07 PM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
How are you feeling? Okay...fatigued, but not bad.

Are you enjoying living your life TTC (stress) free for the time being? For the most part.

Are you still tracking your cycles? Not really. No more than to know when to expect the witch.

What caused you to "go on a break"? Lack of funds for the next step of MA.

When/will you start actively TTC again? Not sure we will.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
April 26th, 2011, 02:45 PM
ccartanddesign's Avatar With Faith
I am in limbo I guess. On the positive side, I did not trigger last month but I did ovulate on my own, confirmed by CD 21 bloodwork that my RE reviewed. He said he's happy with my numbers.
The rest of his news wasn't encouraging. I went to him for a 2nd opinion. Now I may make an appointment for my husband to go see him with me. My husband thinks we should do 5 more IUIs and then seek other treatment possibly.
I feel like this whole TTC has taken a bigger toll on me emotionally than I really thought.
Me-38 DH-38. TTC #1 since August 2009
2/2011 - IUI + Femara + HCG trigger and Progesterone injection BFN
3/2011 - IUI + Femara + HCG trigger and Progesterone injection
4/2011 - not doing IUI - DH out of town
5/2011 - IUI with Femara and HCG trigger. In hospital due to infection from IUI.
Took a break from all meds this summer.
9/2011: - Start with new RE - testing begins.
10/2011: - Hysteroscopy - determine tubes are blocked.
10/2011 : - Laparoscopy - clip blocked tubes, determine right ovary is adhered to pelvic wall, cut adhesions
11/24/2011: IVF cycle #1 begins. Start stims.
12/2/2011: End stims. HCG trigger.
12/4/2011: Egg Retrieval. 9 eggs, only 1 embryo.
12/7/2011: Transfer.
12/20/2011: IVF #1 failed.
1/16/2012: IVF #2 first scan
"Humanly speaking, it is impossible. But with God everything is possible." Matt. 19:26
April 26th, 2011, 04:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
How are you feeling? I'm feeling ok. Some days I want to get started straight away, and other days I just enjoy being a family of three. It really depends on the day.

Are you enjoying living your life TTC (stress) free for the time being? For the most part. But all the same ol' fears begin to creep in...the same fears I had before getting pregnant with Alexandra. Of course the biggie is "what if nothing works"? Then I begin worrying and running through the "worst case scenarios". That makes me want to stop waiting and start NOW. But, for the most part, I'm happy and enjoying my time with Alex and Dan.

Are you still tracking your cycles? Yep...no charting though, that drives me nuts

What caused you to "go on a break"? Nothing really. We just hadn't gone back to m/a after having Alex. We decided to wait for a few different reasons. Right now, we are ntnp, but we aren't holding out much hope for that.

When/will you start actively TTC again? We were thinking May...but now it's definitely June. That way, I am over with my busiest/most stressful time at work and I also have all summer out of work to try...and hopefully will be more relaxed.
Alexandra Eva is here! Born 1/17/10 at 5:55pm. Weighing in at 6lbs, 8oz and 20 Inches Long!
Secondary Infertility Blog*~*http://onemunchkin.blogspot.com/ *~*

April 26th, 2011, 05:59 PM
A*LOT*OF*HOPE's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How are you feeling?

Are you enjoying living your life TTC (stress) free for the time being? For the most part yes. I do miss the "chance" that there could be a BFP, but enjoy not having any stress.

Are you still tracking your cycles? With the Lupron I have not had a cycle..so No

What caused you to "go on a break"? Endometriosis.....Had to be on Lupron for 6 months following a laperoscopy

When/will you start actively TTC again? June 1st....YEAH.
April 26th, 2011, 09:19 PM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥Ashley♥ View Post
How are you feeling? Wonderful, actually, which is quite shocking and a few months ago I would have never guessed i'd be saying that. I attribute it ALL to my weight loss and getting healthy.

Are you enjoying living your life TTC (stress) free for the time being? Absolutely!

Are you still tracking your cycles? Somewhat, I think after TTC and knowing about cm and what it means I will always watch that, but other than that no, not really. I have had to check FF quite a few times this month to see what CD im on!

What caused you to "go on a break"? Being told it was time to move forward with IVF and not wanting to waste another dime on one last IUI that we could put towards IVF. Along with the fact that after 2 1/2 years I need a REAL break (Ive had months where I relaxed a little but nothing where I just stopped completely)

When/will you start actively TTC again? We will talk again in 6ish months, im still not very sure how I feel about IVF and the financial burden.

Ashley, this post made me smile. Im so happy that you are feeling so good!! you are such a positive person, love that about you!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search