could IUI meds cause pregnancy symptoms?

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 1st, 2011, 07:52 AM
junglepeachpie's Avatar Super Mommy
I had my first IUI 10 days ago so this 2 week wait has been torture. I feel like this is the first time I've had a real chance at being pregnant. I'm also making myself crazy because my boobs have become HUGE. They normally get a little bigger this time of the month, but never like this.

I took clomid, had a trigger shot, and am taking progesterone suppositories (did those last month, too). None of these made me feel any different at the time I took them. But do you think they could have effects during the last half of my cycle and explain my giant ladies? I'm hoping the answer is "no way, you're totally pregnant," but I need someone to help me be a little more realistic.
May 1st, 2011, 08:50 AM
*JenJen*'s Avatar impatiently waiting
the combination could make your boobs bigger, but it also sounds like it could be a good sign! When are you testing?

My Blog
Me: 27, PCOS, ENDO, RPL, severe vitamin D defficiency
Him: 36, severe MFI post VR but counts climbing

2006-2015 7+ years of NTNP, TTC, TTCMA, Losses, Surgeries, and Diagnoses.
RPL and Genetic Tests came back 100% normal | Endo, PCOS, severe MFI
Multiple early losses between 3 and 8 weeks.

IVF referral in= 7/2017
RE Appt #1- 8/22/2017- doctor swears I don't have PCOS or RPL, go VEGAN to cure all
RE Appt #2- 8/24/2017- sono shows clear cysts, high afc, all bloodwork comes back PCOS typical

PAUSED UNTIL JANUARY 2018 to find a new IVF clinic

May 1st, 2011, 10:30 AM
Thanks! I can't decide when to test. Maybe Wednesday? Testing early has always just gotten me upset. I go in early Friday morning, 5/6 for the blood test, but I'd rather not find out the news via a phone call while I'm at work.
May 1st, 2011, 10:42 AM
Joliving4Jesus's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope its good news for you, I always get huge, sore bb's before my period and when I am pregnant but thats just me, if this isn't a typical symptom that you have it could be good news, I'd wait until at least 13 or 14DPO to get the trigger out of your system, good luck!

May 2nd, 2011, 11:23 AM
Regular
I hope that these are good signs and that you get your BFP soon!
May 2nd, 2011, 12:18 PM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hope these are good signs for you too! The meds would give me some symptoms, but would fade before my BFP.

May 2nd, 2011, 02:54 PM
Thank you, everyone! I feel convinced today that the symptoms are just caused by the drugs, but I'm trying to stay positive.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search