How to read the SART stats at your doc office

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 8th, 2011, 01:19 PM
Lash's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've talked SART stats with a few women recently. If you want help deciphering your own doc, lets do a thread about it!

The top 25 clinics in the nation:
Best IVF Clinics In United States For Women Under 35

How to learn how to read SART stats. I would CP the words, but it has pictures to help you understand the actual charts
Jumping Over The Rainbow- It Won't Rain Forever!!: How to get SART SMART- Learning how to interpret SART data

May 8th, 2011, 01:34 PM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
*lurking* but wanted to this thread, lol.

May 8th, 2011, 01:41 PM
I wish we had like buttons here!

May 8th, 2011, 02:49 PM
LindseyE117's Avatar Wookie's Girl
Thank you for all of your help! I seriously thought all clinics were the same. Little did I know!

Thank you Shortcake for my beautiful siggy!
May 8th, 2011, 03:31 PM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow, I live right down the road from number 8 lol. I had actually looked into another clinic if my IUIs all fail at the sperm clinic. Looks like I might be checking out a different place. Thanks for posting.
May 8th, 2011, 03:42 PM
I was saying to Lindsey that all the top IVF clinics seem to be grouped in 3 regions classically over the last 20 years.

North East - New York/New Jersey/Pennsylvania
SouthWest- Houston area
West Coast- Oregon down to California

These are really where the top stats seem to come up year after year. Either living in one of those regions or traveling to one ups your chances. I travel from Dallas to Houston to one of the top 25 clinics.

May 8th, 2011, 06:30 PM
Super Mommy
Hmm...we live nowhere near ANY of those regions.

TTC on our own for over 2 years
Dx with Severe MFI- Blood work shows no Microdeletion and no CF mutations

Ultrasound scheduled 3/22- DONE! Everything looks normal, other than some cysts on my right ovary.
HSG scheduled 4/14- DONE! Tubes are clear!!
On BCP until our IVF w/ICSI scheduled for August!!!
May 8th, 2011, 06:54 PM
*Melissa*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Woo hoo my clinic is # 1!!! But I already knew that I did a ton of research when we decided ivf was our next step. It's only 30 minutes away and they are all so great!
May 8th, 2011, 07:07 PM
I love the Oregon Clinic! We actually emailed them but they wouldn't take my high FSH. It has taken a ton of work to narrow down clinics who will take me with that stupid stupid hormone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallflower View Post
Hmm...we live nowhere near ANY of those regions.
What I am doing, and what tons of others do, is travel to the clinic you want to use, see them for the initial work up, go home, do all the monitoring from home through a local blood place. They fax the orders to Labcorp for instance, I go there, get the blood drawn, results are faxed to my clinic in Houston.

Then when it comes time for actual procedure day I head there, get the eggs out, wait 5 days, put embies in, and head home. So for some it's a nice excuse to take a week of vacation at procedure time, reduce stress, focus on relaxing and acupuncture and time with hubs if he can swing it too. I really like that element. Of course you could do that if you are doing it locally, but distance forces you to add that component. On the other hand, some find travel to be highly anxiety provoking so distance IVF is much more taxing than doing it at home. For me, I am much less anxious using the clinic I trust over local clinics.

We strongly considered a clinic I suggested in another thread recently, Dr Check in New Jersey. He takes almost all out of town patients because he turns no one away, not even for age or FSH. He's kind of the mecca for hard to get pregnant, told to give up, patients, so they flock to him as a last resort and he often works when others could not. We found a closer clinic in Houston that had similar stats, made the top 25, and offers the second round of IVF free if the first doesnt work, thus why they won out over Dr Check

May 8th, 2011, 07:13 PM
Just know that if you REALLY want to go somewhere, you absolutely are not limited to your home region at all. I also know plenty of women who do overseas IVF all the time and make it a vacation plus IVF.

May 8th, 2011, 07:38 PM
*JenJen*'s Avatar impatiently waiting
nothing near me, but that doesn't surprise me given the podunkness of our area. If we move on to the big guns we'll have to save for a few years and will definitely be going to one of the top 25 clinics

My Blog
Me: 27, PCOS, ENDO, RPL, severe vitamin D defficiency
Him: 36, severe MFI post VR but counts climbing

2006-2015 7+ years of NTNP, TTC, TTCMA, Losses, Surgeries, and Diagnoses.
RPL and Genetic Tests came back 100% normal | Endo, PCOS, severe MFI
Multiple early losses between 3 and 8 weeks.

IVF referral in= 7/2017
RE Appt #1- 8/22/2017- doctor swears I don't have PCOS or RPL, go VEGAN to cure all
RE Appt #2- 8/24/2017- sono shows clear cysts, high afc, all bloodwork comes back PCOS typical

PAUSED UNTIL JANUARY 2018 to find a new IVF clinic

May 8th, 2011, 07:47 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by *JenJen* View Post
If we move on to the big guns we'll have to save for a few years and will definitely be going to one of the top 25 clinics
Like Wilford Hall?!? I was pleasantly surprised to see a military clinic listed in the Top 25. If we have to do another fresh cycle, we will definitely look into it.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (5), Abigail (3) and George (3)

May 9th, 2011, 06:01 AM
*JenJen*'s Avatar impatiently waiting
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMH View Post
Like Wilford Hall?!? I was pleasantly surprised to see a military clinic listed in the Top 25. If we have to do another fresh cycle, we will definitely look into it.
It's definitely a possibility. I was shocked and pleased to see it up there! Just depends on where we are stationed by the time we end up doing IVF, lol!

My Blog
Me: 27, PCOS, ENDO, RPL, severe vitamin D defficiency
Him: 36, severe MFI post VR but counts climbing

2006-2015 7+ years of NTNP, TTC, TTCMA, Losses, Surgeries, and Diagnoses.
RPL and Genetic Tests came back 100% normal | Endo, PCOS, severe MFI
Multiple early losses between 3 and 8 weeks.

IVF referral in= 7/2017
RE Appt #1- 8/22/2017- doctor swears I don't have PCOS or RPL, go VEGAN to cure all
RE Appt #2- 8/24/2017- sono shows clear cysts, high afc, all bloodwork comes back PCOS typical

PAUSED UNTIL JANUARY 2018 to find a new IVF clinic

May 9th, 2011, 04:47 PM
Hey Lash:

Thanks for posting a link to our site! If anybody has a question about IVF success rates, please let me know and I'll do my best to answer.

Thanks!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search