Just a little update on me!

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 11th, 2011, 08:31 AM
♥Ashley♥'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Im sure you all remember my break down a few months ago and deciding to be done TTC (well how can you ever really be DONE TTC? Were not preventing of course, im just not obsessing). Anyway, I had said that im not ready to spend the 14K on IVF yet and I wasnt happy with my Dr's anyway. Im focusing right now on being healthy and toning up (lost 24lbs down since December!). I thought I was doing fine, not really thinking about it at all, but this past weekend I had a baby shower for one of my best friends on Saturday then Mothers Day on Sunday. It was VERY tough and emotional, I cried quite a lot. I realized that im definitely not okay with this, and I cant fool myself into thinking I am.

I've pretty much decided that at the end of the summer if im not pregnant (Which I HIGHLY doubt I will be) that we will get very aggressive again. We are waiting until the end of the summer because it has been really, REALLY great for me, and us, to relax a little bit. I am going to contact a new Dr (Already know which one, thanks Sam!) and he is two hours away but I deserve great treatment and I will settle for nothing less anymore. I have had crappy Dr's for two and a half years and I 100% believe that is contributing to not getting pregnant (or staying pregnant!). So thats that, around the end of July I will be contacting the new Dr. Im ready to be done with this part of my life and have a baby! Two and a half years is way too long

Anyway, thats my little update. Nothing really happening yet but I just wanted to let you all know where we are at!
Cycle #1-9 - All Natural....5BFN's, 4BFP's (all ended in miscarriage)
Cycle #10-11 - Met with first RE, diagnosed with heterzygeous MTHFR mutation & slightly low SA on all counts. -BFN, Cycle #12 - First IUI+Trigger - BFN, Cycle #13 - BFN
Cycle #14-15 - Met with new RE, diagnosed with a blocked right tube that previous RE completely overlooked or didnt care to mention. Soy (120mg) - BFN
Cycle #16 - Clomid (100mg) - BFN, Cycle #17 - Clomid (100mg)+Trigger+IUI - BFN
Cycle #18 - Acupuncture+Clomid (100mg) - BFN
Cycle #19-27 - 2 Soy (160mg) cycles, the rest all natural also 30lbs lost!! - BFN's
Cycle #28 - New RE is GREAT! Put on bcp 7/6/11, Lap surgery 8/1/11- Tubal cyst (5cm) found and removed, Uterine Septum removed, and Stage II-III endo removed. Cycle #29 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle #30 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle#31 - All Natural - BFN, DONE TTC FOR NOW

May 11th, 2011, 08:39 AM
*JenJen*'s Avatar impatiently waiting
*hugs* I am so excited that come end of summer you will be moving on again. I hope you get your sticky BFP with the new doc soon!

My Blog
Me: 27, PCOS, ENDO, RPL, severe vitamin D defficiency
Him: 36, severe MFI post VR but counts climbing

2006-2015 7+ years of NTNP, TTC, TTCMA, Losses, Surgeries, and Diagnoses.
RPL and Genetic Tests came back 100% normal | Endo, PCOS, severe MFI
Multiple early losses between 3 and 8 weeks.

IVF referral in= 7/2017
RE Appt #1- 8/22/2017- doctor swears I don't have PCOS or RPL, go VEGAN to cure all
RE Appt #2- 8/24/2017- sono shows clear cysts, high afc, all bloodwork comes back PCOS typical

PAUSED UNTIL JANUARY 2018 to find a new IVF clinic

May 11th, 2011, 09:00 AM
wishfulgal
That sounds like a great plan! I know what you mean about fooling yourself into thinking you are ok with not gettingg pregnant, I try to do the same thing and I'M JUST NOT!
May 11th, 2011, 09:30 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
How exciting! I hope this break and the new doc is the perfect combination to help you succeed!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (5), Abigail (3) and George (3)

May 11th, 2011, 10:04 AM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
*lurking* Good for you! I'm glad that you two are taking some more time to relax and enjoy eachother but that you're also ready to get back in the saddle with a GREAT doctor this time! Wishing you the best!

May 11th, 2011, 10:51 AM
Platinum Supermommy
YAY, I'm so glad to hear this Ashley. I'm hoping you won't need this doctor and you will be pregnant on your own by the end of the summer. But in the sad case that you do end up going to the doctor, I wish you tons of luck and love!

May 11th, 2011, 04:33 PM
hollann1984's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Im so glad you have a awesome plan in place! Like the other girls said, i hope you wont need this doctor and by the end of summer or before you will be pregnant Congrats on the weight loss too!!!

** Thank you Oona for the awesome siggy**
May 11th, 2011, 06:21 PM
Super Mommy
that is awesome that you are guys are getting to chill out and relax

Married May 2010
TTC since August 2010, almost a year
IUI in December 2010 - BFP - chemical
IUI on 3/13/11 - BFN
April natural cycle - BFP on 4/22 - chemical confirmed 4/28
IUI done on 5/12 - BFN

IUI #4 done 6/6 - BFN
so sick of getting BFNs

total of 4 failed IUIs
IVF in July

using acupuncture 1x week, Royal Jelly, pre natals, organic Spirulina, Maca Root and Red Raspberry tea
May 11th, 2011, 07:29 PM
aogilvie's Avatar Super Mommy
Congrats on deciding on a new doc! I know just what you mean about kidding yourself; I can't do it either. As of today, I'm starting a new IVF cycle. Here's to hoping for both of us
TTC #1 with Endometriosis & Antiphospholipid Syndrome since December 2008
Dec 2008 - April 2010 #17 Natural cycles
May 2010 - IUI + clomid 50mg BFN
June 2010 - IUI + clomid 50mg BFN
July 2010 - IUI + clomid 100mg BFN
Sept/OC 2010 - IVF #1 (1 embryo transfered; none to freeze) BFP!!!
Oct 25 2010 - First ultrasound at 6.5 weeks TWO HEARTBEATS!!! The embryo split; we're having identical twins!!!
Nov 30 2010 - Ultrasound at 11 weeks; no heartbeats & no growth past 9 weeks
Dec 2 - D&C#1
Dec 7 2010 - D&C#2
Dec 22 2010 through current - Weekly acupuncture treatment
May/June 2011 - IVF#2 with acupuncture (1 embryo transferred; 4 embies on ice!!!) BFP!!!
June 29 2011 - First ultrasound at 7.0 weeks. Everything looks great so far!

July 18, 2011 - Second ultrasound at 9.5 weeks. Baby is doing great!

Feb 10 2012 - Molly Eileen arrived at 7lbs 11oz and 19inches!!!
May 12th, 2011, 08:31 AM
Veteran
Good Luck.. I cant wait to see your BFP!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search