IUI Succes Stories...

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 11th, 2011, 11:32 AM
wishfulgal
I'm feeling pretty bummed that our first IUI didn't work. I know the success rates aren't all that awesome, but considering the fact that DH and I have conceived naturally twice in spite of his low sperm count....I just can't figure out how I DIDN'T get pregnant with IUI. And I'm not feeling very hopeful for it ever working if it didn't this time. I know our timing was good, DH's sperm count was decent (for him...he has MFI and that is why we are doing IUI in the first place), I had a strong ovulation (7DPO progesterone of 26 and a 14-day LP).

So anyway, a few questions for anyone who has had IUI success

How many IUI attempts did it take to get your BFP?

What meds did you take?

What are your fertility issues that led you to do IUI?

Did you have monitoring and ultrasounds or just do the IUI off of your positive OPK?

Last edited by wishfulgal; May 11th, 2011 at 11:35 AM.
May 11th, 2011, 12:12 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
I'm sorry you are going through these woes. I'm lurking (TTCMA Grad... see the little guy in my siggy, he's my IUI baby ) and it pains me when I hear these stories, not only for you, but also as a reminder of what we went through, too...

How many IUI attempts did it take to get your BFP? 2

What meds did you take? the winning combination was follistim and trigger. I tended to really grow the follies fast. Never had a TON of follies, but they grew quickly. CD 3-6 it was 125 of follistim, CD 7 was 75 of follistim, cd 8 showed ready to go (3 follies, all 20-22mm), triggered pm and iui was CD 10

What are your fertility issues that led you to do IUI? unknown, age (I was 37 when we tried for DS) DD was natural, and with DS I had slightly high estradiol levels, but not always, and overweight...

Did you have monitoring and ultrasounds or just do the IUI off of your positive OPK? I didn't do the OPK's once I started injections. The u/s and estradiol/progesterone/LH bloodwork helped us gage when to trigger and do the IUI.

FX that the next one is your BFP IUI, too!

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
May 11th, 2011, 02:25 PM
How many IUI attempts did it take to get your BFP?

We got our BFP after the first IUI.

[B]What meds did you take?

I took Clomid (150) then had a trigger on the day before the procedure.

What are your fertility issues that led you to do IUI?

Not ovulating. . It was later determined that I had a "tight cervix" meaning that it didn't always "open up" during O.

Did you have monitoring and ultrasounds or just do the IUI off of your positive OPK?[/QUOTE]

I had 3 ultrasounds (one on each of the 3 days leading up to the IUI), trigger on the day of the last ultrasound and IUI the next day.

Good luck! Don't lose hope!
May 11th, 2011, 05:38 PM
junglepeachpie's Avatar Super Mommy
Don't give up hope yet! There are lots of IUI success stories online and reading them really helped me stay positive and hopeful.

How many IUI attempts did it take to get your BFP? One (crazy!)

What meds did you take? 100 mg clomid days 3-9, trigger shot, progesterone suppositories twice daily in the second half of my cycle

What are your fertility issues that led you to do IUI? unexplained
But I suspect there might be some kind of problem with my cervix. I've always had lubrication issues and the IUI procedure was really painful because I have a sharp curve and the doctor needed to switch to a stiffer catheter. I also have progesterone issues.

Did you have monitoring and ultrasounds or just do the IUI off of your positive OPK? lots and lots of monitoring, trigger shot instead of letting me ovulate on my own
TTC #1 since September 2009. Stopped TTC in January 2012
IUI #1 April 2011 was a success, but lost baby at 9 weeks
IUIs #2-5 BFN
Decided not to do IVF and embrace a childfree life (at least for awhile)
May 12th, 2011, 05:35 AM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had a really hard time after our first IUI failed, too. I was absolutely convinced that the second cycle of Femara/IUI was a waste of time and money. But it can really happen any time! Try to keep a little bit of hope

How many IUI attempts did it take to get your BFP? We got pregnant on our second IUI cycle.

What meds did you take? We did 5 mg Femara CD3-7 with a Novarel trigger shot and progesterone and baby aspirin after O.

What are your fertility issues that led you to do IUI? Naturally I have late ovulation and DH always had a borderline SA, but we had done several Clomid cycles, and our RE put us in the unknown category.

Did you have monitoring and ultrasounds or just do the IUI off of your positive OPK? I was monitored by u/s.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search