Trigger shot shipping question.....

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 13th, 2011, 01:50 AM
Super Mommy
Hiya Guys,
I have not been too active the last couple of months because we had to take some TTC time off due to Hubby's deployment.. I'm trying to gather the meds we will need for our next cycle, hopefully only one but just in case two . Our insurance does not cover IUI's, so we have to pay OOP for the DR and meds .
So I found two people who are going to sell me trigger shots at a really good price ... I have verified that they are real people, at least as best as I could.... Now I have been told ovidrel should be kept cold but it can be kept at room temp for up to 30 days, so shipping it 2-4 day with out an ice pack would be ok as long as it had been stored properly and once it arrived it would continue to be kept in the fridge.... So that was one option...
I remember once leaving meds out on the counter or a few days on accident ( I know.... dumb... I blame it on hormone insanity )
and they said I could still use them as long as it was not extremely hot and I had not already mixed them but I had to put them back in the fridge ASAP.. The only one that would have been an issue were the ones I had to keep in the freezer, which I left in the car once for a few hours, in the summer .... I panicked... ... but they still worked..

Anyway... So I had the ovidrel shipped express ... My concern is more so with the other trigger shot I'm buying... she says it is a generic that she bought from freedom fertility and it does not have to be kept cool? Every one I have taken, has to be kept cool at some point, either at all times, or I mean it can be shipped without ice but you should store it long term in the fridge... Have any of you ever used a trigger shot that does not have to be kept cool?

I know one should be careful when buying meds this way.. but..with zero insurance for this stuff, if I can save on meds safely... then .. thats what we have to do...

Thanks guys

May 13th, 2011, 02:03 PM
*JenJen*'s Avatar impatiently waiting
I haven't bought meds online, but I'd ask for the name of the other drug and research it yourself. I know the meds aren't too bad on IVFmeds.com or freedom, we're self pay as well since Tricare doesn't cover

My Blog
Me: 27, PCOS, ENDO, RPL, severe vitamin D defficiency
Him: 36, severe MFI post VR but counts climbing

2006-2015 7+ years of NTNP, TTC, TTCMA, Losses, Surgeries, and Diagnoses.
RPL and Genetic Tests came back 100% normal | Endo, PCOS, severe MFI
Multiple early losses between 3 and 8 weeks.

IVF referral in= 7/2017
RE Appt #1- 8/22/2017- doctor swears I don't have PCOS or RPL, go VEGAN to cure all
RE Appt #2- 8/24/2017- sono shows clear cysts, high afc, all bloodwork comes back PCOS typical

PAUSED UNTIL JANUARY 2018 to find a new IVF clinic

May 13th, 2011, 07:59 PM
chrisNbrian's Avatar Veteran
How much did you have to pay for the meds? Freedom fertility is pretty reasonable and you would know they have been handled properly.
DD-20
DS-16
DS-14
GS-4

Tubal Reversal 12/14/09

We are TTC our first child together.
May 13th, 2011, 08:13 PM
LindseyMarie's Avatar Professionally Awesome
The triggers I've used all are only room temp stable for 28 days... otherwise need to be fridged.

After years of trying, 2 years of fertility meds, multiple surgeries, blood draws and needle sticks, some awful pre-IVF complications, and endometriosis and PCOS,
We are done TTC. Praying for peace as we accept this...
Hoping for some comfort after our most recent (and 3rd) surgery and starting Lupron!

May 13th, 2011, 11:54 PM
Super Mommy
Ok, so I did look into it and I'm good to go . The one I was worried about is in powder form that I have to mix and it is stable at room temp until mixed . It was purchased at freedom... She bought 3 and only ended up needing 2 . I know any of my stims will need to be shipped on ice/cool pack..
Thanks for the input guys :-)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search