IVF'ers-- what were your doses for meds?

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 24th, 2011, 06:54 PM
Lash's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Few things to know about our case--

We are in DOR, so we are attempting a high dose Antagonist protocol for our first to see how I respond to high doses. We are considering me a poor responder based solely on AMH.

300 Follistim
300 Menopur
Ganirelix beginning on first lead follicle at 14

Suppressing only with Estinyl Estrodial (Desogen Birth Control), no Lupron suppression. Am on BC now and we will decide when to start stimming. I'll stay on active pills from now until whenever we are ready to start stimming. I'll quit the active pills, and start stimming 2-3 days later.

Any feedback or thoughts or freakouts?

May 25th, 2011, 05:58 AM
Super Mommy
I had to look back through my notes on my cycles. The last IVF cycle where I responded the best, I took bcp only for supression. Then I was on 300 follistim, 150 menopur (a 2:1 ratio), and I started ganirellix when the lead follicle was 14.

Any ideas how long you will take bcp? I will be routing for you!!!!!!

3 failed fresh IVFs, 1 failed FET
Surprise BFP in 12/10 after acupuncture & herbs!!
1 beautiful, perfect daughterl!

May 25th, 2011, 06:01 AM
Super Mommy
I'm currently working on my first (and hopefully last!) IVF cycle. Today is my 6th day taking meds and so far I've been taking:

300iu Gonal F
75iu Menopur

I have an appt tomorrow for b/w and u/s to see how things are looking.....
May 25th, 2011, 07:04 AM
♥Ashley♥'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Obviously havent done IVF yet, but I am SOOOOOOO rooting for you Lauren! I hope you'll keep us updated here!
Cycle #1-9 - All Natural....5BFN's, 4BFP's (all ended in miscarriage)
Cycle #10-11 - Met with first RE, diagnosed with heterzygeous MTHFR mutation & slightly low SA on all counts. -BFN, Cycle #12 - First IUI+Trigger - BFN, Cycle #13 - BFN
Cycle #14-15 - Met with new RE, diagnosed with a blocked right tube that previous RE completely overlooked or didnt care to mention. Soy (120mg) - BFN
Cycle #16 - Clomid (100mg) - BFN, Cycle #17 - Clomid (100mg)+Trigger+IUI - BFN
Cycle #18 - Acupuncture+Clomid (100mg) - BFN
Cycle #19-27 - 2 Soy (160mg) cycles, the rest all natural also 30lbs lost!! - BFN's
Cycle #28 - New RE is GREAT! Put on bcp 7/6/11, Lap surgery 8/1/11- Tubal cyst (5cm) found and removed, Uterine Septum removed, and Stage II-III endo removed. Cycle #29 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle #30 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle#31 - All Natural - BFN, DONE TTC FOR NOW

May 25th, 2011, 01:58 PM
~April04~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
First cycle -

On BCP
Then 20 IU of Lupron
Stopped BCP and continued Lupron
Stimmed for 11 (I think?) days on 75IU of Gonal F and 75IU of Menopur (Lupron was reduced to either 5 or 10 IU).

I believe it'll be the same for the cycle we're doing in July too.

Our only diagnosis is severe male factor.

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggie!

May 25th, 2011, 04:23 PM
Lash's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I knew we'd be on a high dose, but can you imagine taking 600 IU of meds compared to 150! I better grow some dadgum eggs!!!

May 26th, 2011, 08:39 AM
Oriyan's Avatar Platinum Superdupermommy
I did 10 of Lupron for 17 days

Then I think 75 of Bravelle and 300 Menopur for 10 days.

I was on Lupron while stimming.

Then after, I was on Progesterone in Ethyl Olete and Endometrin till I was 10 weeks. (I stopped endometrin at about 8 weeks though)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search