Questions to ask the new RE?

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 3rd, 2011, 05:58 AM
hollann1984's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are going to see a new RE on the 13th ( old RE only ordered some pregnancy loss tests...didn't like him very much). I'm wondering what important questions I should ask our new one. Background on us. We have tried for 20 cycles..soon to be 21. I have had 2 early losses. The last one being over a year ago. I have had all the pregnancy loss tests other then the genetic testing. DH has had multiple SA. The amount seems to be ok( somewhat low but acceptable) but his morph is off. I have done 6 rounds of clomid . I sometimes dont ovulate even with clomid. I do have a somwhat stressful life and I take wellbutrin for depression which I can have pretty bad. We don't have a ton of money so our options might be limited. Any of your suggestions would be great. Thanks.

** Thank you Oona for the awesome siggy**

Last edited by hollann1984; June 4th, 2011 at 10:49 AM.
June 3rd, 2011, 09:22 AM
Super Mommy
hey girl - i hope things go well for you

be s o happy that you are so young - i know you dont want to hear that but you could be me, 37 and having problems

i would ask how many cycles they will try IUI before IVF so at least you know up front what you are doing

Married May 2010
TTC since August 2010, almost a year
IUI in December 2010 - BFP - chemical
IUI on 3/13/11 - BFN
April natural cycle - BFP on 4/22 - chemical confirmed 4/28
IUI done on 5/12 - BFN

IUI #4 done 6/6 - BFN
so sick of getting BFNs

total of 4 failed IUIs
IVF in July

using acupuncture 1x week, Royal Jelly, pre natals, organic Spirulina, Maca Root and Red Raspberry tea
June 3rd, 2011, 10:10 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Holly, im not sure what questions you should ask. I just want to wish you luck, i really hope this RE will be able to help you guys quickly! When i met with my RE she knew all my medical history already and did all of the talking, so i did not need to ask questions (im not sure if this is the norm though). As you know we are in a similar boat, and there is no one i would like to see get a sticky bfp more

Thank you Sara (misfitinmn) for my awesome siggy!

June 3rd, 2011, 01:17 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Yay for seeing someone new! I hope that this RE is much better than the last one

Some REs want to repeat tests...just depends on the doc. My RE started over like I had never been tested for anything before, because he didn't trust another doc's work (he is a little egotistical, but I don't mind because he seems to know what he's doing!). I'd definitely make sure your medical records are sent to the new RE prior to your appt. if possible so the new doc can look over everything first.

I have not had to deal with RPL, so I'm not sure about what to ask relating to that. I'd go ahead and ask about financing, discounts, and payment plans since your insurance doesn't cover treatment...that way you know up front what your options are. Has your DH has just the standard SAs or something more specialized? I'd ask about further testing for him, and I'd ask about what happens WHEN you get pregnant (not if, but WHEN!). My RE did 5 betas (mine were screwy), and I had 5 ultrasounds in the first 9.5 weeks. That isn't necessarily standard, so I'd see what they'll do for you since you have had losses in the past.

Hmmm, that's all I can think of for now. I hope you have a great appointment and that answers are right around the corner for you!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (5), Abigail (3) and George (3)

June 3rd, 2011, 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erinangele View Post
Holly, im not sure what questions you should ask. I just want to wish you luck, i really hope this RE will be able to help you guys quickly! When i met with my RE she knew all my medical history already and did all of the talking, so i did not need to ask questions (im not sure if this is the norm though). As you know we are in a similar boat, and there is no one i would like to see get a sticky bfp more
Erin you are so sweet! I cant wait to hear when you have the good news of a little baby brother or sister for Enzo. I know our time is coming soon

Thank you ladies so much for your help. You all brought up good points that ill be sure to ask my new RE about. I really appriciate you help.

Also I think Mike has only had a standard SA so ill be sure to ask them if there is something more indepth.

You ladies Rock!!!

June 3rd, 2011, 08:03 PM
Super Mommy
i just reread ur post and i thought is said that you were going to be 21, not that u ahve been trying for almost 21 cycles - soooo sorry!!

Married May 2010
TTC since August 2010, almost a year
IUI in December 2010 - BFP - chemical
IUI on 3/13/11 - BFN
April natural cycle - BFP on 4/22 - chemical confirmed 4/28
IUI done on 5/12 - BFN

IUI #4 done 6/6 - BFN
so sick of getting BFNs

total of 4 failed IUIs
IVF in July

using acupuncture 1x week, Royal Jelly, pre natals, organic Spirulina, Maca Root and Red Raspberry tea
June 3rd, 2011, 09:58 PM
Is ok. I'm 27 so pretty close.
Any ideas on meds I should ask about for my irregular ovulation. Clomid isn't working.
Or id there a test thst can be done about not ovulatting?

June 4th, 2011, 08:05 AM
luvmykids623's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't have any questions you could ask but I wanted to wish you good luck. You sooooo deserve a sticky bfp, and I hope this new RE can help you get there!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

June 4th, 2011, 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmykids623 View Post
I don't have any questions you could ask but I wanted to wish you good luck. You sooooo deserve a sticky bfp, and I hope this new RE can help you get there!
Thank you so much! You are all so sweet you make me wanna cry

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search