Hope

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 7th, 2011, 08:54 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm trying not to tear up, but I can't help it!

For years, I've thought I had pcos or endo but tests didn't prove true for either. My Ob said screw the tests, we are treating you for pcos! She said proof or not, my body is acting like a pcos patient. I'm starting metformin tonight.
She's also very concerned if the metformin doesn't change anything that I have a thyroid issue! Thank god shes listening!
We are going to do clomid on days 5-9 instead of femera. Then trigger day 14/when follicles are mature. And progestrone gel from cd 14 til af or continue with bfp.

I asked about MA verses lossing weight first. She said she doubts my weight is the factor but hormones being crazy.
She gave me the option of going to an re, but since we don't want to do ivf or iui we aren't going yet. One last shot with this plan.
I realized it's been 2 years since we stopped preventing. 2 years....and lots of heartache. But my hope is restored and glad that my Ob is amazing .
June 7th, 2011, 11:09 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Hooray for a doc that will listen and work with you! I hope that this is just the thing you need to get a sticky BFP!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (5), Abigail (3) and George (3)

June 7th, 2011, 01:26 PM
*JenJen*'s Avatar impatiently waiting
hooray for a doc that will listen to you!! I hope this works for you!

My Blog
Me: 27, PCOS, ENDO, RPL, severe vitamin D defficiency
Him: 36, severe MFI post VR but counts climbing

2006-2015 7+ years of NTNP, TTC, TTCMA, Losses, Surgeries, and Diagnoses.
RPL and Genetic Tests came back 100% normal | Endo, PCOS, severe MFI
Multiple early losses between 3 and 8 weeks.

IVF referral in= 7/2017
RE Appt #1- 8/22/2017- doctor swears I don't have PCOS or RPL, go VEGAN to cure all
RE Appt #2- 8/24/2017- sono shows clear cysts, high afc, all bloodwork comes back PCOS typical

PAUSED UNTIL JANUARY 2018 to find a new IVF clinic

June 7th, 2011, 02:13 PM
♥Ashley♥'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is wonderful news! I know all about how terrible it is being under the care of Dr's who seem to not care about you!
Cycle #1-9 - All Natural....5BFN's, 4BFP's (all ended in miscarriage)
Cycle #10-11 - Met with first RE, diagnosed with heterzygeous MTHFR mutation & slightly low SA on all counts. -BFN, Cycle #12 - First IUI+Trigger - BFN, Cycle #13 - BFN
Cycle #14-15 - Met with new RE, diagnosed with a blocked right tube that previous RE completely overlooked or didnt care to mention. Soy (120mg) - BFN
Cycle #16 - Clomid (100mg) - BFN, Cycle #17 - Clomid (100mg)+Trigger+IUI - BFN
Cycle #18 - Acupuncture+Clomid (100mg) - BFN
Cycle #19-27 - 2 Soy (160mg) cycles, the rest all natural also 30lbs lost!! - BFN's
Cycle #28 - New RE is GREAT! Put on bcp 7/6/11, Lap surgery 8/1/11- Tubal cyst (5cm) found and removed, Uterine Septum removed, and Stage II-III endo removed. Cycle #29 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle #30 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle#31 - All Natural - BFN, DONE TTC FOR NOW

June 7th, 2011, 03:13 PM
HaveFaith's Avatar Super Mommy
Yay!! See all the tests say I do not have PCOS or Endo... but I have symptoms of PCOS. My dr also gave me metformin and Clomid. So we kinda have the same plan. We also have not been protecting for almost 3 years! What is the metformin supposed to do? Good Luck and thank goodness your hope is restored, that's an awesome feeling!! You will get your BFP and so will I!!!
June 7th, 2011, 05:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Is the OB going to do an u/s to check your follies before triggering? And do an u/s after or at least wait a couple of days before giving you the progesterone? I ask because it's not guaranteed the follies will be mature by then (it's likely but not guaranteed), and also, it can take 36 hours to actually ovulate after a trigger shot and it might not be ideal to introduce progesterone before ovulation has taken place. I wish you luck!!

Baby girl born Feb 2013

June 7th, 2011, 05:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaveFaith View Post
Yay!! See all the tests say I do not have PCOS or Endo... but I have symptoms of PCOS. My dr also gave me metformin and Clomid. So we kinda have the same plan. We also have not been protecting for almost 3 years! What is the metformin supposed to do? Good Luck and thank goodness your hope is restored, that's an awesome feeling!! You will get your BFP and so will I!!!
Metformin is used for diabetic patients, but its supposed to help with pcos. Something about insulin resistance or how one's body processes insulin. I'm still researching all about it, but from my understanding its supposed to help by balancing out "Stuff!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Servilia View Post
Is the OB going to do an u/s to check your follies before triggering? And do an u/s after or at least wait a couple of days before giving you the progesterone? I ask because it's not guaranteed the follies will be mature by then (it's likely but not guaranteed), and also, it can take 36 hours to actually ovulate after a trigger shot and it might not be ideal to introduce progesterone before ovulation has taken place. I wish you luck!!
Yes, they are and have done u/s in the past. She wont let me trigger until the follies are at least 18mm. We did start progesterone in the past on CD 21. However, my blood work shows that I don't have enough progesterone in my system to maintain a pregnancy basically or barely enough. I did question her about starting it too soon and impact ovulation - but at this point the pros outweigh the cons.

My OB must really be thinking about me/us becuase she left a voice mail for me towards the end of the day and asked me to call her back she thought about something else that might be going on. The only testing stuff I haven't had done is an HSG I think - I'm wondering if that is what she was talking about on the message. Either way, after years of having crappy doctors and going over the same signs and symptoms and getting nowhere but more birth control - I'm just trilled.
June 8th, 2011, 11:03 AM
Super Mommy
it is so refreshing when a doc will actually listen and act!!

Married May 2010
TTC since August 2010, almost a year
IUI in December 2010 - BFP - chemical
IUI on 3/13/11 - BFN
April natural cycle - BFP on 4/22 - chemical confirmed 4/28
IUI done on 5/12 - BFN

IUI #4 done 6/6 - BFN
so sick of getting BFNs

total of 4 failed IUIs
IVF in July

using acupuncture 1x week, Royal Jelly, pre natals, organic Spirulina, Maca Root and Red Raspberry tea
June 8th, 2011, 02:40 PM
Jessie0505's Avatar Finally a Mommy!
hurray!! hope this is the plan for ya!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search