Log In Sign Up

IUI "scheduled" for a day earlier

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance


Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 30th, 2006, 09:11 PM
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Byron, IL
Posts: 111
Send a message via AIM to chriskurg
Hi girls,

This might be a bit wordy, but I think all of it's important for you to give me your advice.

I have a third IUI scheduled for Friday the 7th. My u/s is on the 6th, then they will give me the HCG shot and do the IUI the next morning.

My first IUI was done on CD13. It was successful, but ended in m/c at 6 1/2 weeks. My second IUI was scheduled for CD13, but they said I wasn't surging, so they moved it back a day to CD14. It was not successful.

So now I'm on my third one and it was scheduled for CD13. Well, CD13 is a Friday, and we were going to be going out of town Thursday night for the weekend. My DH is OK with leaving Friday after the IUI, but when he was talking to our RE this morning and mentioned our out of town trip, our RE said "Let's just schedule it a day earlier".

I was feeling SOOOO positive about this next IUI this whole time, knowing that it will work, that when my DH said that the Dr. said to move it up a day, I got a horrible feeling and just feel so strongly that it won't work if we do that. I know that they will still do an u/s and measure the follies, and if I ask, they'll do a LH test too to see if I'm surging. If things don't look ready, I'm sure we can wait that extra day, but I just really feel that things will be off kilter.

My last two u/s, I have had at least 2-3 follicles over 20MM with a few more close to 20. That includes the u/s where they wanted to wait a day.

Should I not be worried about doing it a day sooner than scheduled. Since the HCG will make me O, and I am sure I will have a few good sized follies, should I trust in my RE more and stop freaking out!

Sorry for the novel, I'm just really worried. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Reply With Quote
July 1st, 2006, 12:27 AM
sweetdreamer1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: kuwait
Posts: 3,863
If iWERE U,I'ed just have faith in the ER and just leave it in their hands..i guess when the U/S is done if its not worth doing it earlier then the dr might ltell u all to just postpone the trip and come to do the IUI...so i guess with the next u/s result ur dr might do what is appropreate..

good luck hun and pls try to think positive ..thats really imp in this tuff ride..specially these intruding things like meds and iuis..

good luck and let us know how it goes...really wish u'll cathc that egg or eggies in ur case..

i'll be praying for u !!!!

My BFP Chart
pregnancy/baby blog pw. 0000

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:32 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0