Assisted hatching?

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 7th, 2012, 08:08 AM
Joliving4Jesus's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Joliving4Jesus Send a message via Yahoo to Joliving4Jesus
I had my orientation today for my upcoming IVF and the nurse told me I'd be doing assisted hatching because its included in the price of my IVF and that if it was offered with no additional charge to take it. I remember in my consult with the doctor he said we most likely wouldn't do it because I was young with a great harvest of follicles (21 at the time of u/s), I hear the method is mainly used in older women, so I am confused? Did most of you do assisted hatching? If not, would you have if it was included in the IVF price? I have read it can harm the embryo but can also improve the implantation rate, I am going to e-mail my RE about it because I seem to have been told 2 different things, what do you all think?

May 7th, 2012, 08:45 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
I don't know much about it, honestly. My RE didn't say that I needed it, so we didn't pay the extra money for it (I can't remember how much it was...a couple hundred dollars at least). I know others on here have done it, so hopefully they'll drop in with some info!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (5), Abigail (3) and George (3)

May 7th, 2012, 12:18 PM
Send a message via AIM to Joliving4Jesus Send a message via Yahoo to Joliving4Jesus
I just got an e-mail from my RE and he said to omit what my nurse said, that I didn't need it, but I am nervous now because my nurse insisted I sign that portion for it and I did.

May 7th, 2012, 07:34 PM
mojo-risin's Avatar Super Mommy
Usually they have you sign the consents in case you get midcycle and they decide you might need it (poor quality or thick zonas). However, in our clinic there were no differences in pregnancy rates on patients who had it done and vice versa. We don't do it on fresh cycles, only frozen.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggie!!

May 7th, 2012, 09:16 PM
Yeah, I wrote him again and he said not to worry about signing it, he said they can change that part on the consent. I just learned this wasn't even a nurse I was working with, the IVF nurse got a new job and her last day was over a week ago and the medical assistant was filling it, makes sense that she didn't seem to know much, new nurse is starting on Wed, hopefully she'll be a bit more helpful.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search