3rd u/s and blood today

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 8th, 2012, 07:59 AM
Joliving4Jesus's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Joliving4Jesus Send a message via Yahoo to Joliving4Jesus
Well I went in for my 3rd u/s and blood, I was told Wednesday I may be ready to trigger as early as tonight but it doesn't look that way right now. I think the doc counted about 15 follies between 9mm and 18mm. The doc said that everything looked great and he thinks I am going to do wonderful but I can't help but wonder. He predicted about 10 eggs at retrieval, that concerned me. He said I am a great responder but I've been on super low doses of meds. I know in our consult a few months ago I stressed to him that due to my husband and my Christian beliefs we do not believe in doing anything with our embryo's besides transferring all of them at some point and for some people, embryo adoption to an infertilie couple though me and my husband personally could not do the latter knowing our biological child was with another family, couldn't live with it. He took note of that and therefore I believe that is the reason he had me on such low doses and is only expecting 10 eggs. Should I be concerned? Its a bit too late to say hey, I want more eggs! Can you give me more meds?

I know I just need to relax and trust that its going to work out, I just hope my concerns to the doc a few months ago hasn't caused him to put me on too low of a dose and not get enough eggs, I know not all of what you get will even fertilize. I am hoping and praying for 4-6 great 5 day blasts, wanting to transfer 2 and hope to freeze 2-4. I have prayed hard that I would not get more embryo's than I wanted in children, in case they all took, quality over quantity, I know. In a perfect world, I'd love 4 children, I already have one son, and hope to get 3 more children from my embryo's.

Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers, that I will relax, they want to see me again at 9:15am tomorrow morning and are thinking its going to be a Sunday trigger and Tuesday retrieval.

Last edited by Joliving4Jesus; June 8th, 2012 at 08:21 AM.
June 8th, 2012, 09:28 AM
MandyEllen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Praying that it all works out the way you want it to.
My friend had 14 at retrieval, 8 fertlized, 2 made it to transfer and she wound up with 1 son.
I only had 5 at retrieval and none fertilized.
You're better off with more "chances" and the chance that you'll get to freeze some.
Stay strong! Keep the faith. Good luck and I hope your BFP gets here soon!

Mom of DD age 3
Due 2/1/18 with Baby #2
June 8th, 2012, 10:08 AM
hearts.0nfire's Avatar STPR lover
Hoping it works out how you want it to and will definitely keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Definitely keep us posted on how it goes tomorrow!

June 8th, 2012, 10:15 AM
swtneka's Avatar Praying for a miracle
Gl.... I hope u get what u want

June 8th, 2012, 11:42 AM
Send a message via AIM to Joliving4Jesus Send a message via Yahoo to Joliving4Jesus
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyEllen View Post
Praying that it all works out the way you want it to.
My friend had 14 at retrieval, 8 fertlized, 2 made it to transfer and she wound up with 1 son.
I only had 5 at retrieval and none fertilized.
You're better off with more "chances" and the chance that you'll get to freeze some.
Stay strong! Keep the faith. Good luck and I hope your BFP gets here soon!
Were these due to female factor issues? Most are saying that since we're just dealing with male factor that I have a high chance of most of mine fertilizing with ICSI, we're dealing with mild/moderate male factor but no female factor.

I know I need to trust my doctor when he says I am doing great, he isn't one to lie, he usually tells it like it is, they keep telling me they are aiming for quality over quantity and therefore I think thats part of the reason they are trying to slow me down. When I went in on day 4 of stims they were shocked to see how quickly I went and quickly lowered my meds, which really seems to have slowed me down. If I am not doing ER until the predicted Tuesday, my eggs would have more time to grow and maybe a few more in the mix, right? How large do they have to be to be able to fertilizable?

June 8th, 2012, 12:03 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
I consistently had 15-16 follies at my ultrasounds, and my doc always said he hoped for 10 mature eggs...we got 15 eggs total and 13 were mature. I bet he's low-balling the estimate and you'll end up with more than 10 I'm crossing everything for you!

(Of our 13 mature follies, 11 fertilized and we had 7 good embryos. We transferred 2 during the fresh cycle and froze 5. One of the 2 fresh embryos is Claire, and then for the FET we transferred 2 and got twins. We still have 3 embies on ice.)

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (5), Abigail (3) and George (3)

June 8th, 2012, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMH View Post
I consistently had 15-16 follies at my ultrasounds, and my doc always said he hoped for 10 mature eggs...we got 15 eggs total and 13 were mature. I bet he's low-balling the estimate and you'll end up with more than 10 I'm crossing everything for you!

(Of our 13 mature follies, 11 fertilized and we had 7 good embryos. We transferred 2 during the fresh cycle and froze 5. One of the 2 fresh embryos is Claire, and then for the FET we transferred 2 and got twins. We still have 3 embies on ice.)
Thank you! Thats encouraging, I was wondering if he was low balling too. I didn't see him on Wed, just the u/s tech and she seemed impressed. My doc is very laid back and never gets worked up, he stayed fairly quiet today unlike the u/s tech on Wednesday, I asked how I was doing and he said, your doing great, I think you'll have a good outcome, then I asked how many eggs he thought I'd get and he is 8-10, but that we need to wait until tomorrows u/s to see if the smaller ones start catching up.

Now when I was switched from 150 IU follistim to 75 follistim and 75 menopur, thats when things seemed to slow a bit, does that make sense? What does menopur do exactly?

June 8th, 2012, 02:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Just wanted to wish you luck! I lurk here a lot and love to see the MA success stories

Always remembering our angel babies - 4/2011 (ectopic), 4/2012 (chemical) and
Angel Twins 5/23/14 (at 7 weeks 2 days)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search