How was your Halloween??

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 31st, 2006, 10:42 PM
mrsracatoe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mrsracatoe
Mine was definitely not very good because no one around here seemed to be doing anything. There were no houses giving out candy for kids. I just don't understand why people are making the little kids suffer like that. We did take the kids to 2 churches so that they could at least have SOME candy and get to show off their costumes.

November 1st, 2006, 08:10 AM
Aidan's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to TheMommyProject
I would say my Hallowe'en was definitely uneventful. We had a few less kids then usual (probably around 60 and we usually get over 80). We didn't decorate our house this year, just a jack-o-lantern. Between being very busy the past couple of weeks and a somewhat lack of interest, we just didn't bother decorating.

My only complaint about Hallowe'en is very few of the kids actually make much of an effort with their costumes. I really think it's a refelction of our society right now - put as much effort as possible into getting something for free.

But, for those that do put the effort in, I really enjoy having them come to my door and they always get extra treats.

November 1st, 2006, 10:59 AM
Daniellea22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Daniellea22
halloween was nice here lastnight..there is 175 houses in my development so there was lots of kids and lots of houses giving away candy..i only walked ds around a few streets though, it get exhausting after awhile!

where do you live? halloween was dead when i lived in philly, then we moved to NJ and it reminds me of when i was a kid!!
November 1st, 2006, 01:05 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to ksauter
well I decorated my house all up and took off work a couple of hours early to get everything ready, turn everything on and what not. Then I sat there and we got 5 kids the whole night. I was so bummed. This is my favorite holliday so I decorate big time and no one even saw it. I bought huge amounts of candy for nothing.
Starting adoption classes!! Finally getting the process started
IUI #3 BFN
1 laporoscopy, 1 mc, 6mo's of clomid, 3 mo's of injections and IUI's
countless blooddraws and ultrasounds. Hopefully a BFP soon!!
Kelly 29 and JD 29 adopting #1 (or maybe two)
November 1st, 2006, 10:31 PM
I live in South Carolina. When we were at our friends house showing them the kids costumes, there were some kids that were in their late teens and early 20's that were walking around, without costumes, saying "trick or treat. Hey stupid, I said trick or treat, are you giving out any candy?" Our friends told them that they didn't give candy to anyone but KIDS. There was a lot of that going on and I think that it happened a lot last year and maybe people around here are giving up on giving out the candy because of this. It's sad that those "trick or treaters" acted that way and have ruined it for all of the little kids that really need to be trick or treating. It was pretty sad this year!

November 2nd, 2006, 06:20 AM
LisaB's Avatar Mom to twins + 1
Send a message via Yahoo to LisaB
Quote:
I live in South Carolina. When we were at our friends house showing them the kids costumes, there were some kids that were in their late teens and early 20's that were walking around, without costumes, saying "trick or treat. Hey stupid, I said trick or treat, are you giving out any candy?" Our friends told them that they didn't give candy to anyone but KIDS. There was a lot of that going on and I think that it happened a lot last year and maybe people around here are giving up on giving out the candy because of this. It's sad that those "trick or treaters" acted that way and have ruined it for all of the little kids that really need to be trick or treating. It was pretty sad this year![/b]
ooo I hate those older kid trick or treaters with the attitude! You'd think they'd at least wear a mask or something.

Our house was surprisingly quiet this year. Usually we get tons of kids, but this year we got stuck with a huge bowlful of candy. I took it to work though and it was gone in seconds. We went to one Halloween party, I was a jellyfish and hubby was Charlie Chaplin. He looked great! Mine was from MarthaStewart dot com and didn't look as nice as hers, but at least everyone knew what I was.

Me: Lisa, Mommy to twins +1
8/5/08 Beautiful twin girls Leigh and Lucy born after 4-year struggle with RPL & 6 losses
12/10/09 Surprise! Baby #3 is on the way, EDD 6/22/10

12/29/09 2nd ultrasound - joining team blue

6/16/10 Baby Ben is born!

November 2nd, 2006, 02:21 PM
I bet that you two were cute!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search