Onto 100mg of clomid

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 16th, 2006, 07:22 PM
Miles
Dh and I talked we are going to try the 100mg of clomid for 2 mos. After that done with it. Scared of the s/e but I heard its not much different then the 50mg. Anyone who has done 50mg then 100mg were the s/e worse for you at all?
December 16th, 2006, 08:25 PM
mommaW's Avatar Veteran
I havent, sorry I cant help with that... but I have a question, is there a reason they start you at 50mg? I assume that is daily. I am going to be starting this next cycle, and I was perscribed 50mg 2 times daily for 5 days.... Im just wondering if that might be too much to start?
December 16th, 2006, 08:56 PM
Miles
What do you mean 2 times daily? I thought 50mg was the lowest dosage which is why he put me on it. I take one pill from CD3-7. With the 100mg I will be taking 2 pills from CD3-7. HTH!
December 17th, 2006, 05:43 AM
Daniellea22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
only difference i had was CM..i had none with the 100mg
December 17th, 2006, 06:22 AM
mommaW's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
What do you mean 2 times daily? I thought 50mg was the lowest dosage which is why he put me on it. I take one pill from CD3-7. With the 100mg I will be taking 2 pills from CD3-7. HTH![/b]

So do most doctors start off with the lowest dose? The 50mg? Mine started me off with the 100mg thats why I asked. Sorry I talk in circles sometimes
December 17th, 2006, 07:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Good luck with the 100mg Magan. I've only had 1 cycle on 50mg so I have no insight.

MommaW, most Dr's start you on 50mg, but if you have known ovuluatory issues or testing indicates issues then they can px 100mg to start. The highest dose I've heard heard of somebody taking is 200mg! I know the higher the dose the more s/e you experience.
December 17th, 2006, 07:36 PM
Miles
I am doing the flax seed oil this cycle instead of the epo and the green tea pills for cm, so I shouldnt have a prob! THANKS ladies!

mommaW
Depending on what is wrong with you sometimes you do start out with 100mg. But usually it is 50mg they start you off with. I have a friend who is on 250mg of the clomid. Her s/e are horrible.
December 17th, 2006, 08:46 PM
mommaW's Avatar Veteran
The short version. Im 33, had a tubal reversal in May 2005, prior to this I had no porblems getting pregnant, or maintaining a healthy pregnancy. Sept 2005 I got pregnant, and was misdiagnosed. I was given methotrexate for a "ectopic" pregnancy, that was discovered to be an inutero pregnancy. Miscarried 10 wks into that pregnancy due to the methotrexate shots.

After that I went from 32 day cycles to 45-70 day cycles.

No pregnancies from that miscarriage until Sept 2006. I got pregnant in Sept of this year, with no meds... and miscarried at 8 wks.

My RE took a look at my charts over the past 16 mo, my progesterone #
s with this last pregnancy and decided our next course of action was clomid and progesterone. Im supposed to take 1 50mg tablet in the morning and one at night on cd 5-9.

So does that sound like the right amount with the brief synopsis of my history?
December 18th, 2006, 08:19 AM
KittyMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
The short version. Im 33, had a tubal reversal in May 2005, prior to this I had no porblems getting pregnant, or maintaining a healthy pregnancy. Sept 2005 I got pregnant, and was misdiagnosed. I was given methotrexate for a "ectopic" pregnancy, that was discovered to be an inutero pregnancy. Miscarried 10 wks into that pregnancy due to the methotrexate shots.

After that I went from 32 day cycles to 45-70 day cycles.

No pregnancies from that miscarriage until Sept 2006. I got pregnant in Sept of this year, with no meds... and miscarried at 8 wks.

My RE took a look at my charts over the past 16 mo, my progesterone #
s with this last pregnancy and decided our next course of action was clomid and progesterone. Im supposed to take 1 50mg tablet in the morning and one at night on cd 5-9.

So does that sound like the right amount with the brief synopsis of my history?[/b]
I just don't understand why they are getting you to split up the pills to am/pm?

<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">My Blog | My Chart</span>
I Love you forever, I Like you for always, As long as I'm living, my Daddy you will be
11/20/1939 - 05/31-2007</span>
[/b]</div>
December 18th, 2006, 08:40 AM
mommaW's Avatar Veteran
I dont know... I have never had any expericence with this, this is the first I have researched, or read others experiences.... thats why I have so many questions..
December 18th, 2006, 09:19 AM
Miles
I think they have her doing it that way so the s/e are not as bad.
December 18th, 2006, 10:34 AM
Super Mommy
I started off at 50mg, then to 100mg and my last and final cycle (doctor wont do it again) was for 200MG!!

I had the same s/e for both, a little moody, bloated, and a few breakouts..

December 18th, 2006, 12:38 PM
Super Mommy
I got really bad hot flashes with the 100mg and up. Also really moody.
Starting adoption classes!! Finally getting the process started
IUI #3 BFN
1 laporoscopy, 1 mc, 6mo's of clomid, 3 mo's of injections and IUI's
countless blooddraws and ultrasounds. Hopefully a BFP soon!!
Kelly 29 and JD 29 adopting #1 (or maybe two)
December 18th, 2006, 03:59 PM
I asked about splitting the pills up to lessen side effects and they told me no, it had needed to be done all at one. Now granted that is at 50mg (unmonitored) but I would assume it would be the same on 100mg.

I could be wrong but I also thought I read on these boards at one point about not splitting a daily dosage....I know I read it somewhere

I Love you forever, I Like you for always, As long as I'm living, my Daddy you will be
[/b]</div>
December 18th, 2006, 04:05 PM
mommaW's Avatar Veteran
Interesting... I went and looked at the box and it just says 2 pills daily. I called the RE and they said that yes its 1 in the am and one in the pm. I have no idea, but now Im pretty curious.
December 18th, 2006, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Interesting... I went and looked at the box and it just says 2 pills daily. I called the RE and they said that yes its 1 in the am and one in the pm. I have no idea, but now Im pretty curious.[/b]
I'm not a doctor so I would def. go with what they are telling you. We learn something new everyday right?

[/b]</div>
December 18th, 2006, 05:49 PM
Gwen
Good luck with the 100 mg! I hope it works!!
December 19th, 2006, 03:44 PM
Miles
I was told that it has to be the same time. I wouldnt worry too much about it!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search