IUI is unlikley this cycle...

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 18th, 2006, 04:43 PM
Rina42308's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well nothing can go as planned.... I went in today for my darn blood work and am told there is no way the results will be in on time to do IUI this cycle. They have to have them in before beginning the regim (like many of you said ). I almost started crying...then the girl (after seeing my quivering lip I am sure) was like "well call us on Thursday and see if by chance your results are in...especially if you period doesn't start tomorrow and comes a tad late then it might be able to squeeze in" I doubt it...it's just not my luck. I called Dh crying...he was nice...he was disappointed too. Now we have to wait a whole month and a half instead of just 2weeks....

So I creid all the way home from the dr (it's almost an hour away). Then I got a hair up my ##### to try Vitex this next month. That or the chlomid alone. Reason being is that my RE told the nurse today I should do chlomid even though i ovulate because it will produce a stronger egg. So then why can't I take it for the heck of it this next month for a "stronger egg" or do vitex at least... do you ladies have any opinions on this? I just need to feel maybe like I'm doing something I guess...I don't know...

The RE wants me to do chlomid because he says you only have an 8% chance of getting pg on IUI w/Chlomid so if I don't use Chlomid my chances are even slimmer...doesn't sound promising to me either way but I'll do it anyway.

This is all so frustrating...

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead
December 18th, 2006, 05:47 PM
lizm75's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My RE is having us try doing just clomid this month without the IUI. I think it's worth a try. Maybe if on thursday you don't get the results you can ask them if they'll let you try it this month... I'm sorry things are so tough right now. Hang in there. ((((Hugs))))
December 18th, 2006, 05:50 PM
Daniellea22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
aw norina! you made me cry im so sorry. i know HOW bad it hurts to feel so discouraged and to want something so bad, and have it SO close and it be taken away. I really hope something happens and your able to get the IUI. If not, ill be doing it in january and we can be IUI sisters! keep your chin up sweety
December 18th, 2006, 05:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh hun...I'm so sorry. When it rains it poors!!! I'm really holding out for good news though. (((hugs)))

From what I've read and discussed with my Naturpath Dr, she recommends Soy Isoflavines (sp?). You take the soy every day from CD3-7 and it work similar to clomid unlike Vitex, which can take a few months to get into your system and take effect, soy can make a difference in the 1st cycle. My Naturpath also gave me a few other natural remedies (i.e. cod oil hot compress') that I'd be happy to send you.

Hang in there hun...

December 18th, 2006, 06:32 PM
Rina42308's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thank yo for the encouragement ladies...i need it.

Nykol- yes please do sen me the things your neuropath dr suggested...I'll do anything at this point

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead
December 19th, 2006, 12:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry hon. I don't know much about IUI but I can feel your disappointement regardless. I hope that it gets better for you and I hope you get in. Maybe there is a small chance?? Keep us updated!
December 19th, 2006, 03:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
***HUGS***

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search