Clomid Challenge Test

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 4th, 2007, 01:37 PM
Everyone wish me luck. I am doing the Clomid Challenge Test starting today. It is pretty serious for me because I had Melanoma (Skin Cancer-the deadliest kind) and had to have Chemotherapy. So I am just praying that it did not destroy my egg quality. Its just a big question mark right now. I am having some mixed emotions. I don't know what I will do if my egg quality is bad and I can't physically have kids. I will be an emotional wreck. On a more positive note has anyone ever had this done and then gotten pg? Multiples? My best friend is convinced that I am going to have twins as a result of this. I am hoping that we will be able to do an insemination this cycle. Is that called an IUI? My DH has a low count, but has to get retested. I doubt we can do all of this before O. Wish me luck. Please share if you went through this or know someone that did. Thanks a bunch and baby dust to all!!
January 4th, 2007, 02:08 PM
Miles
Hi
I am on my 3rd round of clomid. My Dh has sperm count as well, but everything is fine so we dont need the IUI. Sorry about the skin cancer and I hope your eggs are fine and you can have kids.
The one girl who I talked me into clomid took it herself and she is pg with twins herself. I think the higher dosage is what your most likely to get more then one.
January 4th, 2007, 02:18 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi. I am sorry to hear that you had cancer and your egg quality might have suffered. I wanted to wish you lots of luck. I hope your eggs are of good quality and that you get your BFP very soon.

Hi. I am sorry to hear that you had cancer and your egg quality might have suffered. I wanted to wish you lots of luck. I hope your eggs are of good quality and that you get your BFP very soon.

January 4th, 2007, 07:23 PM
Quote:

Hi. I am sorry to hear that you had cancer and your egg quality might have suffered. I wanted to wish you lots of luck. I hope your eggs are of good quality and that you get your BFP very soon.[/b]
Thanks for responding. I will hopefully find out the results first thing tomorrow AM. I am really praying that the chemo didn't hurt my eggs. It was bad enough dealing with cancer and going through chemo, I don't know what I would do if I can't have children as a result of it. Please keep me in your thoughts. Thanks
January 4th, 2007, 07:32 PM
KnKMom's Avatar Divorced, working mom
I used Clomid to conceive my DD and am currently using Clomid to TTC baby #2. The risk of multiples is only 5-10% higher with clomid. Many women are successful with Clomid, but it all depends on your body.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search