Update and kind of ticked off

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 9th, 2007, 04:50 AM
kellybee's Avatar Veteran
Went in and had my ultrasound on Friday (5th). My doctor said things looked really good, said I had "lots of eggs in the basket" and there were some really big follicles on both sides. He said he could give me a trigger shot, but was hesitant because he didn't want me to end up with multiple eggs floating around! Anyway, he said he predicted I should ovulate on Sunday (7th) so I was to start taking my OPK on Saturday. Told us to hold off BD'ing until I got a positive. I haven't had one yet (broke down and BD'd this morning, couldn't wait any longer!! lol).

Now this morning, I got out my OPK that I bought at CVS on Friday and realized the dang things expired in December 2006! Hopefully, I haven't missed the egg, but now I'm starting to worry. I'm taking the rest of them back today (can't find my receipt) and hopefully they won't give me any crap about replacing them.

I'm kind of upset because he said we had a really good chance this month and if I missed it because of these stupid tests, I'm going to be really tweaked.

Anyway, just wanted to give an update, I'll let you know what I find out.

Kelly

January 9th, 2007, 07:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I would be pissed too. I'm sorry those dumb tests were expired. Obviously the nitwit that put them on the shelve has never had to deal with infertility and the importance of those OPK's being up-to-date and accurate. Hmph.

Well hopefully you caught the egg and the 7th was just yesterday. If you bd'd then you have a good chance of hitting the nail on the head! Don't lose hope... maybe you will ovulate today...you never know.

Take it easy hon and I hope they in the very least refund your money back.
January 9th, 2007, 08:38 AM
Regular
I know exactly how pissed you are!!! A couple of months ago the same thing happened to me! The pharmacey that I bought the opks from didn't give me any hassle about bringing them back though. Keep your hopes up though and let some of that dust stick to you!
January 9th, 2007, 08:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Aww im sorry the opks where out of date.
But dec...I can't see that making a huge diff

Good luck and lots of *babydust*
I hope you got the eggie!!

Sarah
January 9th, 2007, 08:52 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'd be ticked as well. I hope you caught the eggie this month hun. It's so frustrating when you miss out due to things beyond your control. I wish you all the best as you embark on the 2ww!

January 9th, 2007, 09:37 AM
Thanks you guys. I did actually find my receipt and took what I had left back. The lady kept looking at me like I was crazy, but I told her I didn't want to take any chances. They did refund my money and I bought a new kit (made sure I checked the date!!!). When I was checking out she said "If you want to be, then good luck!" So it wasn't too bad.

Now I just hope I didn't miss anything. I took one when I got home and it's still negative, so hopefully that means it's coming pretty soon!

January 9th, 2007, 09:44 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh...good luck hun. That's great that you got a refnd, but what a stupid comment..."If you want to be than good luck". Hello...you just bought OPK's! It's not like your a teen buying a HPT and a pack of condoms!
January 9th, 2007, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Oh...good luck hun. That's great that you got a refnd, but what a stupid comment..."If you want to be than good luck". Hello...you just bought OPK's! It's not like your a teen buying a HPT and a pack of condoms! [/b]

Yeah, I was kind of thinking that myself. I don't think anyone in their right mind would be using OPK's to try to prevent pregnancy or just for fun or whatever! And I don't think I look crazy!

January 9th, 2007, 11:06 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like an ignorant cashier to me. One of those people who can't not say the first thing that comes to their mind. I am glad you were able to take the tests back. Thank goodness the new ones said you have not ovulated yet so you might still be in the running. Good luck!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search