Clomid + Ultrasound

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 15th, 2007, 05:15 PM
*Melissa*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have heard a lot of people say that while they are on Clomid, they are also going in and getting an ultrasound done to see the follicule development. My doctor hasn't said anything about this, so I was just wondering what benefit it has, or if any of you guys are even doing it.... Thanks!!
<>< Melissa
January 15th, 2007, 06:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
While on Clomid I had daily follicle scans from CD9 - O day. It was to make sure that there wasn't over stimulation, that the dose was correct, to make sure that the clomid didn't thin my uterus lining (like it can), and to determine when I was going to O. It's how my RE's office works and they do this with all cycles.
January 15th, 2007, 11:24 PM
Gina1978's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I have heard a lot of people say that while they are on Clomid, they are also going in and getting an ultrasound done to see the follicule development. My doctor hasn't said anything about this, so I was just wondering what benefit it has, or if any of you guys are even doing it.... Thanks!!
<>< Melissa[/b]
Nope,that isnt done here either (unless you are on the highest possible dose of Clomid).Infact,the only thing the doctors do here is bloodwork on CD21 to confirm ovulation.Depending on the results,they either up the dose,or keep it as it is.
They only do u/s and other tests if you are on Clomid for more than 4 months or taking a high dose,after that time,they watch out for cysts and thats also when they start to combine Clomid with a trigger shot (im not quite sure what that is).

Thank you SO much for my new siggy Julia (Julka)!

January 16th, 2007, 09:45 AM
kellybee's Avatar Veteran
I'm on my second cycle of Clomid and had an ultrasound on day 12. (Nothing on the first round, though). He measured my follicles and gave me a predicted ovulation date (which was 3 days off, lol). I think it must just depend on your doctor?

January 16th, 2007, 10:56 AM
Thanks so much you guys!
I just got off the phone with doc and asked him if we should give that a try. He's said that he is very confident that I am O'ing and that the only thing the ultrasound would be good for is making sure that I'm O'ing. He said that with any cycle, even when you ovulate perfectly there is only a 15-20% chance of PG... I dont know how to interpret that lol, Kinda made me feel better about not getting pg last cycle, but kinda worried about my odds for THIS cycle. I will be praying so hard for my BFP this time. And If any of you are believers in prayer I would appriciate it
I will also be prayin' for all YOU guys to get your heart's desire
<>< Melissa
January 16th, 2007, 07:51 PM
Momo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You know I'm praying for you cuz! I'm glad you have such a great dr. who works with you on this so well! And I'm so glad your on JM now!

Clara's here! 5/13/11

I love my two handsome boys!!!
Jetty - 8/06
Jude - 9/08

January 16th, 2007, 08:17 PM
*~Candy~*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had this done when I was on clomid just to be sure It wasn't thinning my linning and also to make sure it wasn't overstimulating my ovaries like Nykoal has said. I see that you must be Sarah's cousin, I am so glad you found JM, It is a lifesaver! You have come to the right place for support and help and your cousin is so sweet. I was on clomid for 5 trys before it worked hun so don't worry It WILL happen for you- clomid is awesome and will work. Good luck and I hope you get your BFP soon!!

January 17th, 2007, 01:30 AM
Quote:
I had this done when I was on clomid just to be sure It wasn't thinning my linning and also to make sure it wasn't overstimulating my ovaries like Nykoal has said. I see that you must be Sarah's cousin, I am so glad you found JM, It is a lifesaver! You have come to the right place for support and help and your cousin is so sweet. I was on clomid for 5 trys before it worked hun so don't worry It WILL happen for you- clomid is awesome and will work. Good luck and I hope you get your BFP soon!![/b]

Thank you SO much for your words of encouragement. It has been such a blessing to come on this site and chat with all you ladies about things that would bore all my other friends... Yes, I'm Sara's Cousin and YES she is a sweet heart. We are so close it's riciculous! lol
<>< Melissa
January 17th, 2007, 07:55 AM
Super Mommy
Mellisa I saw that you are from OR, What part? I'm from OR too.
Starting adoption classes!! Finally getting the process started
IUI #3 BFN
1 laporoscopy, 1 mc, 6mo's of clomid, 3 mo's of injections and IUI's
countless blooddraws and ultrasounds. Hopefully a BFP soon!!
Kelly 29 and JD 29 adopting #1 (or maybe two)
January 17th, 2007, 08:07 AM
alexa's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The first cycle I did the follicle scans and after my dr. found that the Clomid was working she said it was up to me if I wanted to continue them or not with the next two Clomid rounds. I think each doctor has a little bit different approach or method of treatment.

January 17th, 2007, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Mellisa I saw that you are from OR, What part? I'm from OR too.[/b]
Hey there!! I'm up in the Portland/Tigard area. We are VERY snowy right now. You are in Roseburg? My sister used to live there!
January 17th, 2007, 12:53 PM
Super Mommy
My sisters and nieces live in Beaverton, I love it up there. I would move in a heartbeat. I go and visit them for long weekends alot. It's pretty snowy down here too. yesterday was really bad we even closed work down at 12pm and went home early. Lots of snow ontop of lots of ice. Not great for driving. Today everything is thawing out.
IUI #3 BFN
January 17th, 2007, 02:20 PM
Yes, I love it up here. I originally lived in Salem until I got married. It is still really snowy today, I havent had to go to work for the last two days!!! All the school districts are closed, and I teach in a preschool in Lake Oswego, so im pretty excited
It seems like almost all of us are on, or around the same cycle day! That's kinda neat that we can all support eachother like that!!! Here's hoping for a GREAT Valentines day suprise!!!
January 17th, 2007, 05:09 PM
Super Mommy
it's nice when we are all on the same cd, I have to hold off ttc this month though becuase I have a large cycst on my left ovary so I'm on bc pills to reduce the cyst then next cycle its back to the inj. I was so disappointed when my RE told me.
IUI #3 BFN
January 17th, 2007, 05:47 PM
Bummer about the cyst!! I think I remember you writing that earlier... So, after this cycle it should go away and you can ttc again? How did you find out you even had one? Is it painful?
January 18th, 2007, 12:19 PM
Super Mommy
Um when I went in on cd 3 to get the u/s done and start inj. he found it. It was really painful right before my period and during.
IUI #3 BFN

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search