confused

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 7th, 2007, 07:41 AM
Regular
So I'm so confused! I posted yesterday that I had an ultrasound on d13 from a femara cycle 7.5mg d3-7 which showed that I had a 19mm follicle which I thought was a very good thing. Then today I got the results from my Dr's office after she saw the test results. She said that I didn't ovulate and she was upping my dosage to 10mg for this next cycle and to schedule another ultrasound on d12 or 13. And to wait until d36 and if I don't get my period by then to call for another prescription of prometrium. (They have had to induce my period each time so far)

What I don't understand is I thought when you went in for the ultrasound to check if you are ovulating they are looking for a dominant follicle, not looking for ovulation to have already happened, especially on day 13??? The nurse who did the ultrasound sounded very positive when she saw the 19mm follicle, so I don't see how the Dr could know that I didn't ovulate???? I know it was only one follicle but it only takes one really, right? The nurse looked at the blood flow around the dominant follicle and said that it didn't look like I'd ovulated yet, key word yet?!

Does anyone have any understanding of this? Why the Dr. would know I hadn't ovulated or wasn't going to? I thought 19mm at d13 was good?
February 7th, 2007, 07:46 AM
Aidan's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to TheMommyProject
Hmmm that does sound a bit confusing. I think it would be worthwhile calling your doctor back with your questions. You have nothing to lose... chances are if it's not sitting right with you, then something isn't quite right. And even if what the office reporting back to you is correct, at least you can get yourself an explanation that you're happy with.

All this TTC w/medical assistance stuff is VERY confusing - your best course of action is always to speak to the doctor for clarfication on things. It's too important not too.

Good luck and I hope you get things sorted out!

February 7th, 2007, 12:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That is confusing! Are you seeing and obgyn or a RE? To me they wouldn't know if you released yet but that you are gearing up. But maybe they see different things when you medicate with femara. I dunno. How many days are your cycles? My experience has been that they give you a blood test to see what your progesterone level is on cd 21 to indicate if you have ovulated.
February 7th, 2007, 02:45 PM
Regular
Quote:
That is confusing! Are you seeing and obgyn or a RE? To me they wouldn't know if you released yet but that you are gearing up. But maybe they see different things when you medicate with femara. I dunno. How many days are your cycles? My experience has been that they give you a blood test to see what your progesterone level is on cd 21 to indicate if you have ovulated.[/b]
Every cycle I've had so far on femara has been about 45 days long because I never get my period on my own. They have me wait until day 36 to see if I will get it naturally and then when I don't they perscribe prometrium (sp?) which generally takes 9 days to get back to day 1 of my cycle again. Femara is supposed to work the same way Clomid does only with a different mechanism. So I don't know how the Dr, who is an obgyn not a RE, would know if I didn't ovulate unless there weren't any follicles big enough.

It makes more sense to have something like you said done, where they could use ultrasound to see if you had any follicles big enough to ovulate, but then they would have to go back again to see if it happened.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search