Here we go...RE appt.

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 7th, 2007, 02:35 PM
Astrid's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This has been x-posted in PCOS & PL BUT I want all of you to know how it went!

Well, let's start w/ the follicle scan. My lining was measuring 9.9mm which is very good. Also, there was a cyst but it was dissolving & our nurse said that wouldn't be of concern for this cycle. WAAHOO!!!! I was like, this is the way to start off this round of appts! So, from there we went to the shots class. WOW, very overwhelming when you sit & count the amount of shots that I will be receiving w/i a 4-6 day span. There is mixing, location of shots, etc. Yeah, extremely shocking BUT ready to do it. Then we went on to the nutritionist. I think that if I had stopped at the shots class & went home I wouldn't be feeling so, so...overwhelmed & disappointed. The nutritionist, after explaining that my BMI is normal, weight is great, physical activity good, etc, said that we should consider WAITING another cycle so we can get my insulin in check. WHAT!!!!???? I'm sooooooo sad! The 1st 2 parts were bearable & pumped me up BUT then she has to go & say that we should wait. ACK! I totally don't want to wait BUT everything the nutritionalist said makes sense, unfortunately. Of course, she said that the RE has the last word. So now we are waiting on that. The low down on the food is this....

1) Carb intake of 130-165 grams per day.
2) Split carb intake into morning, noon, & evening (45 grams per meal w/ 2 snacks inbetween).
3) Stop drinking my Full Throttles & start drinking protein shakes in the morning.
4) Limit bread, crackers, pasta, potatoes, corn, & anything else loaded w/ carbs.
5) Limit alcohol (basically no beer & only 1/2 cup wine or vodka but w/ no fruit juices such as cranberry).

Honestly, it was just quite a bit of information to take in AND I am in PMS mode which means I will cry at the drop of a pin. I don't get mad, angry, frustrated or have mood swings. The only thing that PMS does to me is make me more sensitive. Of course I was ready to cry in her office. It was just too much in 1 day! Now that I am at home, enjoying a vodka & cranberry, I'm feeling better b/c I really don't go over the carb limit she has set. Trust me, the 1st thing I did was check everything! Of course, I do have my indulgence days & the thought of letting those go, well, that was what really got me. I know that this will be better for me in the long run as insulin resistance is the precursor to many health issues later on. I know that I will get use to all this. I'm just disappointed that another month has to go by.

Sorry this was so long...I just had to get it off my chest & there is still so much I left out ! I guess that good things do come to those who wait, right?

February 7th, 2007, 02:53 PM
alexa's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow! That is a lot of information! It's cool though that you have people that are taking care of you and want to help you change your diet for the better. Has your RE said anything to you about Metformin. I know that is supposed to be really helpful with the insulin problem and maybe with that you wouldn't have to hold off on TTC.

I hope you don't have to wait!

February 7th, 2007, 03:03 PM
See, I knew I could count on someone to jog my memory! Thanks Leah!!! The situation w/ Metformin (glucophage) is that it normally takes about a month to really correct the insulin issue. Again, this puts us out another month. The only thing I can think of is that my RE believes that I am in good health otherwise & since he is basically controlling the hormone issue, we may be able to go ahead w/ this cycle. Really, I have no idea what will happen. All I know is that I have been counting down the days to AF & now it doesn't seem to matter.

Ok, funny thing DH said...Astrid, you were probably her best appt all year long! You are at the right weight, work out & eat pretty decently. Not much to change.

Now, normally that would make me feel good BUT I don't want to wait! JEEZ!!!! I've waited LONG ENOUGH. Ok, after today, my funk will be gone & positive Astrid will be back. Please disregard my crappy attitude right now.

February 7th, 2007, 03:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
WOW Astrid, that really is info overload

I would try not confuse your brain too much today and take things one step at a time.

Good things DO come to those who wait, i am sure of it

I hope it is soon all systems go for you and you get that BFP before you know it!

Try to not feel disheartened ((HUGS))

Sarah
February 7th, 2007, 03:19 PM
Thank you! Yeah, my brain hurts pretty bad. I'm still trying to process all the info & make sense of it.

February 7th, 2007, 03:21 PM
Aidan's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to TheMommyProject
Oh my... what a day for you!

I'm sorry that you're potentially having to wait another cycle, that is not the best feeling. But, the wait would be for good reason and if you could get your insulin in check, then all the better situation you would be in next cycle anyway!

Hang in there, you are right in good things come to those who wait... I'm banking on it!

February 7th, 2007, 03:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I know what you mean about injections! I had my share for my procedure.

Try not to think about how overwhelming everything is right now. Take one day at a time and before you know it, this month will go by fast and you will be starting your procedure.

February 7th, 2007, 03:34 PM
Ah, time...it has its positives & negatives, doesn't it. I'm just not a very patient person. I guess that is why God is putting me to the test. I'll make it. I will get through it just like anything else that has been thrown in my way.

February 7th, 2007, 04:31 PM
Rina42308's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You are sooo allowed to be in a bad mood after that news...I am not patient either. Why oh why does it seem that everyone else gets pg at the drop of a hat but us...we have to wait, wait for this wait for that...wait, wait, wait!!! It sucks and that's all there is to it.

The thing about you Astrid...you have amazing strength. You overcome time and time again, this I am sure will be no different. Take your time to grieve...losing a month can feel like a lifetime. But I know you...you really will be back to higher spirits tomorrow, being that woman that God looks so lovingly down on, because you are working through this in Him.

Love you girl!

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead
February 7th, 2007, 04:43 PM
Norina ~ Your words, I feel them embracing me. I think I finally figured out why today was so hard. It wasn't b/c of what they told me so much as me realizing that my body betrayed our baby. My body being hormonally imbalanced due to insulin resistance is what made MY body expell OUR baby. When I had to tell the nutritionist about the m/c, it was tough & thinking back, that is when I got a bit "hostile" about the situation. Not outwardly, of course, but that is when I put on my "I am listening" face yet my heart broke. Insulin resistance most likely caused my progesterone level to not increase. She explained that the gestational sac grows b/c of the follicle's production of prog. Well, we went in 1 week & the baby & sac were perfect. The next u/s, the baby had grown but the sac had stayed the same. This means that my body was not prepared to make prog. It was my body that failed me b/c we didn't know any better. Geez, now I'm just... ...I don't know. I haven't felt this way in ages.

I know there is hope. I know we can fix the problem. It just doesn't take away the pain.

February 7th, 2007, 04:51 PM
No it doesn't take away the pain honey. I wish there were something out there that did. I'd give us all a big dose of it.

I can relate very much to the body betraying you thing. Although our situations are different, I felt very similarly. My body was defective. I had an abnomality in my uterus...that no one knew was there. And it killed 3 of my babies. I felt ugly, guilty, ANGRY that my body could do such a thing....as mommies we feel we can protect our babies. This betrayal of our bodies isn't suppose to happen.

I am so sorry you feel this way. I am here for you!

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead
February 7th, 2007, 04:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy

I can't really add to what's already been said, but I feel your pain and agony. I've been there and know how PCOS can throw you for a loop. I'm so sorry it's all coming down around you at once. We're here for you hun.
February 7th, 2007, 06:27 PM
Norina ~ Thank you for being there. I needed your ear earlier. Sometimes, as wonderful as DH is, he doesn't totally understand. Having you there to hear my whining made the whole night better. THANK YOU!

Nicole ~ Your supportive words make life a bit easier. Thank you!

February 7th, 2007, 06:52 PM
Astrid- Anytime! Love and hugs to you!

February 7th, 2007, 07:07 PM
TY! I know I can count on you when DH is tired of hearing me rant & rave! Now, on to the carb binge!!!!!! I'll probably be too full for the next 24 hours to get back on here, LMAO, but it wil be worth EVERY DARN BITE!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search