clomid

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 11th, 2007, 11:38 AM
juls2006
hi ladies! i was on 50mg clomid a few months ago, but decided to take a break from it. i will be starting again though as soon as AF shows. my dr wants me to do CD5-9 this month instead of CD3-7 like i was before. i'm kinda not really wanting to do that since the clomid makes me O later than normal and i'm so impatient i don't want to wait even longer lol! but anyways, i was just wondering if taking it CD5-9 is any different than taking it 3-7?
February 11th, 2007, 01:30 PM
klfc28
I'm not too sure. I am suppose to take it next cycle, but I may have to wait yet another cycle because DH is having to go out of town again.

But my doc wants me to take it CD5-9 --- I have a 28 day cycle....
February 11th, 2007, 01:48 PM
Blessedx3
it does make a diffrence, although I am not sure why... ask our doc they would know..
February 11th, 2007, 01:51 PM
alexa's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
From what I have heard, taking it a little later helps you to develop a more mature egg or eggs. Sometimes that is all you need to get your BFP. I say it's worth a try, but would ask you doctor about the difference.

I have been taking mine days 5 through 9 and was actually going to ask my doctor about taking it earlier, not necessarily so I would O quicker, but just in case it made any difference.

February 11th, 2007, 02:18 PM
juls2006
thanks ladies! i did ask but he just said he wanted to try something different at this point i'll try anything and since the CD3-7 didn't work last time, maybe the 5-9 will. i did remember reading before that there was a difference, but i just couldn't remember what it was.
February 11th, 2007, 06:58 PM
Astrid's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The difference b/t taking it CD 5-9, 3-7 or even 2-6 (like I will be next cycle), is that the earlier you take it, the more mature follicles you will make. Hope that helps a bit!

February 13th, 2007, 06:23 AM
SUNSHINE08's Avatar Veteran
I took clomid days 2-6 for 2 months and it did the trick for me.

I read somewhat on the net that apparently in some sort of test a larger number of women fell pg taking clomid somewhere from days 1-7 rather than later. Not sure about the truth in it or the extent of testing, but if I ever went on clomid again I would definitely opt for taking it earlier.
February 13th, 2007, 08:45 AM
juls2006
so then i shouldn't take it on days 5-9 like my dr wants me too?
February 13th, 2007, 09:21 AM
Gina1978's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I take it from CD5 to 9 and my OB doesnt recomend taking it any earlier than that because she doesnt want me releasing eggs that arent mature enough to be viable.She said the later you take it,the more mature the eggs are because the ovaries are stimulated later in your cycle,so taking it too early could make you release imature eggs.She also said something about taking Clomid whilst still having full blown AF (CD3 to 7) is not a good idea.
I told her that in some countries people take Clomid form CD´s 3 to 7 and she said no way..so Im sticking with her experince and taking them when she tells me too.

Thank you SO much for my new siggy Julia (Julka)!

February 13th, 2007, 09:42 AM
juls2006
thanks! that makes sense and i would much rather be releasing mature eggs! and i guess since the 3-7 never did work for me i should give this a try. thanks!
February 13th, 2007, 10:53 AM
KittyMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to KittyMom Send a message via Yahoo to KittyMom
I only took the evil clomid for 2 months but the month I took it later, it worked in extending my LP. When I took it earlier I had the same short LP I had prior to taking it. So I guess it really depends on why you are taking it.

<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">My Blog | My Chart</span>
I Love you forever, I Like you for always, As long as I'm living, my Daddy you will be
11/20/1939 - 05/31-2007</span>
[/b]</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search