My trip to L&D

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 1st, 2008, 04:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
If you didnt read my other post on Sunday I started to feel like I was getting my period. Well on Sunday night I started to spot some. So Monday I called my Dr (my midwife was gone) and she said to go to L&D to get checked because it sounded like pre-term labor. So I got DS into daycare and decided to take my 2 girls with me. Since I didnt really think I was in labor I just thought I had my bacterial infection back. The hospital is 70 miles away from here. My parents were at a retirement party in the same town so I met my mom and she went with to the hospital so my girls could go with her for a while. They said they maybe wanted to stay in the car for a while so I said that was ok and left my keys with my mom. So off to L&D..... I was put on monitors and no contractions (I was monitored for 1 and 1/2 hours before my Dr came in to check me. She said I had white cells in my urine. She did a pap and checked my cervix (which was closed). Come to find out I have a bladder infection the starts of a kindey infection and my bacterial infection AGAIN!!!! So I said that since everything seemed good my mom could go and leave the kids there. I waitted about an hour for my meds and to be released from the hospital. I was sent home with meds and I went to get ready. OH CRAP!!!!! (did you see this coming?) My mom had my keys still!!! And she was already back at work 70 miles from where I was. LOL!!! Luckly I called a friend and we hung out with her and her kids till my husband could come with my keys. LOL!!!! I am sure thats what the Dr meant by go home and take it easy. Hey I did learn something though - Did you know you can call the car dealership with your VIN and they will get you a key? I didnt till I got home. Looks like I will know for next time.
So I am on more meds but everything looks great.
July 1st, 2008, 06:43 PM
Doodle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
d'oh!!! pregnancy brain!!!

I hope your infections clear up quickly and stop giving you trouble

July 1st, 2008, 11:16 PM
Bakin8th's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
LOL oh my gosh!

I am glad it just a minor issue and can be treated!

Ttcing #9 After TWO 2nd trimester loss's and FIVE 1st trimester loss's. Missing our 8 ANGEL'S

IUI W/CLOMID/TRIGGER FEB 12/13 09!

Kyle (absent) Chelsea, Miki, Hanna, Johna, Sari, Jessiah and Isaiah.

THE LORD GIVES AND TAKES AWAY MY HEART WILL CHOOSE TO SAY BLESSED BE HIS WONDERFUL NAME!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Our 8 Greatly missed Angels
12W, 6W, 6W, 9W 1 twin, 5W
17W twins (sex unkown) and "Elijah"
17W "Angel"
July 2nd, 2008, 04:08 AM
shari626's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh man! So glad it turned out okay. Glad you got your keys and your medication.

Take care.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search