How much school taxes

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 20th, 2008, 05:42 AM
Cindermella's Avatar Freakin Know it all
do you pay out each year?

We pay them on our property tax in quebec and for this house they are 432 for this year.

I am the "who" when you call, "Who's there?"

I put the "D" in lysdexia

Sanity is a cozy lie.

Click here to remember Donovan
August 20th, 2008, 06:49 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Well this is the last year we'll have to pay it in two places (we owned a trailer in a different school district) so we have about 300 in one place and about 500 here....FORTUNATELY our escrow pays for most of it.....we just have to pay for our vehicles on personal property. But ugh.....it's insane. Also happy that the recent request for a tax INCREASE was declined!

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
August 20th, 2008, 08:03 AM
shari626's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
WE have two properties that have to pay them also. Our rental is in another school district and it's about 400.00 and it's not escrowed into the mortgage. UGH - I hate that bill when it comes. Our house we live in is about 600.00/year and it is escrowed so I don't notice that as much. Where we live the property taxes are really low and we have no sales tax.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!

August 20th, 2008, 08:57 AM
Cindermella's Avatar Freakin Know it all
low taxes no sales tax
count me in
In quebec we pay sales tax on everything including services and we pay 14% which adds up to alot.

I am the "who" when you call, "Who's there?"

I put the "D" in lysdexia

Sanity is a cozy lie.

Click here to remember Donovan
August 20th, 2008, 10:18 AM
shari626's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
low taxes no sales tax
count me in
In quebec we pay sales tax on everything including services and we pay 14% which adds up to alot.[/b]

It's great! Until you go on vacation out of state and don't have enough money in your pocket to pay for something because you aren't used to tax!! I always have that "huh????" look when it's more than I thought!

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!

August 25th, 2008, 10:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I think about $450 for school and $175 for bussing that is on our property tax bill.

Our kids go to a private school, so we don't even use the school. That's my choice so I can accept that, but this year they are charging us for our kids to ride the bus, and that's got me a little irritated.

Gotta love that in Alberta there is no provincial sales tax, so we only have 5% sales tax, and I get pretty much all of it back

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search