I had an OB appt on friday

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 2nd, 2008, 05:34 AM
kassia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Got a nice long lecture about sticking to my bedrest and will be seeing the Peri sometime in the next few weeks to see if all the contractions are doing causing my cervix to change or if I am ok for now.

This part is the bummer, my dr said I should NOT be having anymore children. He said I am getting to the point of risking my life by having more. He is concerned that this c-section will be complicated and since I can't carry to term as it is, I just need to stop now. Now I knew I was getting to the point I shouldn't have anymore kids. He is the second OB to tell me I needed to stop but it's hard to hear it.

I told my Dh he needs to plan on us looking at adoption later on.

November 2nd, 2008, 08:23 AM
4boys
That sucks that he said that. But.....I would just see how things go. Maybe it won't be complicated. Maybe everything will go awesome and there will be nothing to worry about. You just never know.
November 2nd, 2008, 08:28 AM
I am going to ask the Peri when I see him. I have feeling it will be hearing the same thing again. Pregnancy isn't something I do very well, my body just doesn't like to do it. LOL

November 2nd, 2008, 08:47 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yeah, and they told my friend to abort because her baby had no brain. He is almost 6, perfect in every way today. They don't know everything. But, do what you think is best for you and your family.
November 2nd, 2008, 02:00 PM
lovemyboysandabbey2's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
((((hugs)))) That has to be hard to hear...I am sorry hun....

November 2nd, 2008, 05:08 PM
MamaAshley's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well, even though I love to second guess doctors, having multiple c-sections are VERY serious business. Adoptions sounds like a nice alternative though. Relax and try to rest and enjoy your pregnancy!

Ashley,doula and busy mom to:
Brianne 11
Colin 10
Kylie 9
Bryson 7
Noah 5

November 2nd, 2008, 05:39 PM
shari626's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope your appt with the peri goes the way you want it to. I agree with Farmerswife about not always listening to doctors - they are wrong so often. Take it one day at a time.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!

November 2nd, 2008, 09:25 PM
mommablogger's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been told that too. Now I have 6 kids We are stopping for a little while though. Both of us really want to have another girl, but our chances seem really low (1 girl and 5 boys), so I don't know if we want to take that chance of putting me through another pregnancy/labor only to end up with another boy. Not that I mind boys, but our daughter really wants/needs a sister, and physically I don't know how much more I can take.

We've briefly discussed adoption, too. I told dh we should let our daughter go pick out a sister
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

November 3rd, 2008, 05:12 AM
Quote:
I've been told that too. Now I have 6 kids We are stopping for a little while though. Both of us really want to have another girl, but our chances seem really low (1 girl and 5 boys), so I don't know if we want to take that chance of putting me through another pregnancy/labor only to end up with another boy. Not that I mind boys, but our daughter really wants/needs a sister, and physically I don't know how much more I can take.

We've briefly discussed adoption, too. I told dh we should let our daughter go pick out a sister [/b]
LOL I have the opposite problem......I want another boy. Our son needs a brother, and I am really hoping this one will be a boy but if it's another girl I will love her all the same.

November 3rd, 2008, 02:54 PM
Born2BeAmom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry you had to hear that. I too agree with Farmerswife.. doctors don't always know everything. I like the adoption idea too. I so would one day.. it's just really expensive from what I know.

We're hoping for a boy too but either way we'll be happy. Girls are fun I've just always wanted a son. I'll find out on Nov 13
Kristy: Semi-crunchy, homeschooling, cloth diapering, Jesus loving mom to 7 kiddos... 5 beautiful daughters, 2 sons and baby#8 is on the way!
I'm a Proud Independent Ambassador with Plexus Worldwide where we provide health and wellness through our all natural supplements! I'm also a Young Living Essential Oils Distributor and the Author of the Ice Moon Series.
www.kristyquinn.net

Save
Save
November 8th, 2008, 12:42 PM
Mommyx12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry to hear that. I'm hoping I don't hear that when I go in for my postpartum check up next month. Dh is already thinking we may need to start. We found out with this pregnancy that even though I somehow pass the 3hr test I do have a bit of gestational diabetes, which was always suspected since I have really big babies. I checked my blood sugars on my own and took my numbers in and I was having high fasting glucose readings. I ended up having to take insulin twice a day and then I had some higer bp's this time around which is totally new for me, so dh is thinking we may need to be done. The doc mentioned when doing the c/s that we may need to be winding down. Not too sure as I was kinda out of it a bit, but I think we might be ok for 1 one baby, but we'll see what she says at the check up. I hate the thought of never having another baby, but I think I will always want "just on more".... I've had 3 c/s now and I'm personally going to want to know why it's risky for me at this time, if she says that to me. I don't want to fall in the you've had 3 so that's enough only because it's not "recommended" to have more than 3, kwim? If she has actual reasons then I will listen and consider it heavily. Good luck with your appointments!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search