Do you think any of your kids have a unique name?

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 19th, 2010, 04:57 PM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sebastian is our most unique name, but I see many of you have used it too

How about you?

Is there a unique name you would like to use?

I would like Daphne, Coraline, or Daisy for a girl, they aren't TOO common.

I would like Eli or Frasier for a boy. Eli is pretty common.

March 19th, 2010, 05:05 PM
JessKeller24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Here in the US yes. But if we went to Mexico no. The boys are Ricardo and Francisco. Savannah is kind of since I pronounce it different than most. I dont pronounce it Sa VAV ah we say it Sa Va Nah if that makes sense, lol. If we have another girl sometime her name will be Malia or Yalia and Ive never known anyone with either name.

March 19th, 2010, 05:12 PM
huckleberry312's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have a Johannah. Her name was picked out long before the Duggars named their little one that. Not too common though. Our next baby will be Josiah if a boy or Janessa if its a girl.

Randie

March 19th, 2010, 05:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Nope...we have a Mary Elizabeth (Beth), Matthew, Caroline, and Katherine. All pretty normal I think.

I like the name Maverick...dh just about laughed in my face, lol.
March 19th, 2010, 05:48 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My most unique ones are Courson and Tessia. I like them both. It gets harder and harder! I have no idea what this one's name will be. I am not sure where it will sleep. I guess I got a lot of figuring out to do.
March 19th, 2010, 05:49 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Sapphire is the most unique of my LOs names. I also have a Sebastian, nn Bastian. Esme got her name because Esmerelda means Emerald, which was kind of matchy with Sapphire and I felt like I needed to over explain not using an "S" name. I thought Esme was super creative and unique because I had NEVER heard it and I pronounce it like Ez - Me, not like Ez-May. Then that Twilight movie came out and everyone assumes that is where I got it. Never read the books and now I don't even want to Clara is more popular than I thought, but it is a family name so it is ok..

DH and I have super boring names.

Mom x 5

March 19th, 2010, 06:02 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If their full name isn't popular, their nickname is. I've never seen another Coleman before but Cole is a pretty common name. Popularity doesn't really phase me though.

If I ever have another I love Lincoln and Archer for boys but he would probably end up as Maxwell after his great gma Maxine. And who knows for a girl, I have a huge list consisting of Delilah, Lorelai, Penelope, Miliana, Aurora, Anastasia, Scarlett, Juliana, Eilena, Amelia, Evangeline -- ok, you get the point, lol!

When I'm Due...

When I think this baby will actually come out

March 19th, 2010, 06:24 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I love love love the name Delilah but have to admit, after the song I don't know if I could use it. DHs friend has a daughter Delilah and I just want to say "Hey there Delilah" and I know everyone must say it to her.

Mom x 5

March 19th, 2010, 06:44 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can actually see myself singing the song to her . Forget rock-a-bye baby!
"Girl, tonight you look so pretty, oh yes you do. Times square don't shine as bright as you, I swear it's true...

When I'm Due...

When I think this baby will actually come out

March 19th, 2010, 07:20 PM
nicolelogg's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think Serena is a somewhat unique name, you don't hear it often, and I think Kenan is unique.
March 19th, 2010, 08:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My kids' names are all pretty common. The spelling of Alyzabeth we did different instead of Elizabeth and we did Nickolas instead of Nicholas. Otherwise they're pretty common.. If this baby is a girl she will probably be Grace or Gracelyn. A boy name I have absolutely no idea.

Many Many Thanks to GraysMama (Chelsea) for my AMAZING Siggy!!!

March 19th, 2010, 10:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
my boys all have Biblical names and my daughter is katelyn. it was not even heard of back then --but the next year it was the lead character's wife's name on miami vice or some show - and now is very popular. i LOVE the name asher for a boy and naomi for a girl. of course my kids all hate the names so likely i will never get one via grandchildren.

~~terre~~
March 19th, 2010, 10:31 PM
Doodle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Saffi is our most unusual, I think. Boden is fairly uncommon too. I love offbeat, uncommon, and unusual names

I some of the unusual names I love: Darby, Clover, Tallulah, Mazzy, Zia, Zyra, Jye, Koa, Hayes, Lachlan

March 20th, 2010, 01:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We have a few classic names that are not often used any more, but they are not very popular any more. Mary - a very classic name, but not popular. Henry is another. Our youngest is Margaret Mary, but we call her Greta, which is not at all popular. Someone once even told me that it was 'not very attractive'. LOL!

Mama to:
Nick, 19
Abby, 17
Gabe, 15
Isaac, 13
Mary-Kate, 12
Sam, 11
Henry, 10
Molly, 8
Mark, 7
Greta, 5
Cecilia, 4
Josephine, 2
Evie, born 12.31.13
Baby due in July!
March 20th, 2010, 05:17 AM
shari626's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
At the time we thought Kelsey was unique. Now you hear it everywhere! Erin is not unique but we were staying with Irish names so her name is Erin Mary. Andrew is not unique at all, but we call him Drew a lot. He is a third so I didn't get much choice in his name. Shane was unique to us, but again, I am starting to hear it a lot more. Shane Patrick is very Irish!

We were just discussing the name Evangeline - I love this name. Someone listed it as a fav.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!

March 20th, 2010, 06:43 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Shari, my middle name is Erin.

I am pretty sure you haven't heard of too many Laliyaah's, Nazaaria's, Maarquay's or NaKiyaah's. Though of the four, NaKiyaah, is one I have heard before, actually my son Aaron has a friend named Nakiyah.

When I named Isaac you didn't hear to many Isaac's, now I do though. His middle name is Spencer, which also wasn't too common 15 years ago, but seems to be now.

Hmmm...Elijaah isn't too popular, well, I don't hear it too much. Then there are Naathaniel and Aaron which are very common. Aaron doesn't like his name (he's named after me) and wishes his name was LaDanian (apparently after a football player).
Nehemiaah Franklin 11/10/14 4:16am 9lbs 9oz
Welcome to the world lil' man!!
March 20th, 2010, 07:14 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ohh and a few unusual names I like, but won't use because I am DONE!!

Obadiaah and Ephraim, oh and I like Abrahaam for boys.

I LOVE Delilaah for a girl, it was actually the inspiration for Laliyaah.
Nehemiaah Franklin 11/10/14 4:16am 9lbs 9oz
Welcome to the world lil' man!!
March 20th, 2010, 07:25 AM
Kristina's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think mine are all mostly uncommon ie not in the top 100 and a couple are downright unique I am loving Delilah for a girlie right now I love the song too. Alorah's nickname is Lola and she love love loves it when we sing her the Lola songs.

Kristina SAHM of Janessa 16, Xandria 14, Thayer 13, Alorah 10, Nathalia 9, Malayna 7, Sawyer 5, Ryder 3, Kristiana 1 and edd Jan 24

Make a pregnancy ticker

March 20th, 2010, 07:52 AM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have more old fashioned or traditional names.
March 20th, 2010, 09:33 AM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
None of them are really unusual, just a few uncommon ones, especially the girls (Evelyn & Eleanor). If this baby is a boy his full name will be Maximus so that would probably be the most unique name out of our six.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search