Not much longer

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 25th, 2010, 08:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have my 39 week appointment tomorrow morning. I really don't feel very ready for this baby. We don't have the car seat ready, the swing and bouncy seat are still in the garage, I have some things to wash, don't even have my bag packed and we still aren't even sure about a name.. I know that is all minor stuff. But it is just feels so wrong that I am not sitting around thinking "Okay, I have everything in place. I hope my baby makes her appearance soon." Instead I feel like I want her to stay in my belly a whole lot longer

I am just really SCARED! I am going to have 4 kids under 4 and I am freaking out. Right now I just barely make it out the door in time to be at all of our 9:00 am functions (Preschool and Therapy). I have no idea how i will get everyone fed and dressed for 8:30. I also have to work on potty training and just trying to figure out how to meet every ones needs.

Someone please tell me you have BTDT and that it will work out. I know MarieJ has her little troop of 4 under 4 so she better respond to this and I can't forget Kierasmom who has 4 under 3 but wait I think she also has 5 under 5....plus more. Surely you ladies can make me feel better about this.

[/COLOR]Nathan(6), Reagan(6), Riley(5), Kaycee(3)

Our Blog

March 26th, 2010, 07:07 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It will be okay. I am going to have 4 under 4 too, plus five more. It may take a minute or two to get used to it, but it will all fall into place.
Nehemiaah Franklin 11/10/14 4:16am 9lbs 9oz
Welcome to the world lil' man!!
March 26th, 2010, 07:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
You can do it! I know it feels overwhelming. Right now I have 3 under 3 and when this one is born will have 4 under 3 for a while. All 4 of them are in cloth diapers, so if I can do it, so can you. . I'll go through the same thing when I get closer to having this one. I'm only 32 weeks, so I have a little time left before the panic sets in. When this one is born, it may take a couple of weeks to get into a routine, but it will happen. Is there anyone who can give you a hand for a couple of weeks just getting kids to all their events? Is your DH going to be home?

Some said to me the other day, "So when this one is born, you will have 8 kids and the oldest is 9?" Um, yeah, I guess so. It sounds overwhelming to think of it like that, so I just try not to let the number scare me, and think of them more individually.

Hope that helps, and hope you have a terrific delivery!

March 26th, 2010, 07:57 AM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I truly believe that we are never given more than we can handle so you'll probably be surprised at how well you adjust. However, during the "any day now" stage, I would be a little nervous too.

I'm really excited for you!!!

When I'm Due...

When I think this baby will actually come out

March 26th, 2010, 08:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm so jealous.. I'm so ready for this pregnancy to be over and I'm only 11 weeks!! lol You are going to do great!!! I had 3 under 3 for awhile and will have 4.. 4 and under when this baby is born. As soon as you get into a routine, you won't even know the difference!! God doesn't give anymore than we can handle!!

Many Many Thanks to GraysMama (Chelsea) for my AMAZING Siggy!!!

March 26th, 2010, 01:42 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I will say, you might have to really consider what are "have to's" for a good 6 months. The more you push yourself early, the longer and harder returning to normal can be. And I mean HAVE TOs. There really aren't a lot.
March 26th, 2010, 02:46 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Okay, just take a deep breath, and go pack your bag! Is it gonna be tough the first six years, of course! You can do this! I agree with fw, the nice-to-do's can be put on hold for six months-maybe you need to get a sitter in to watch some of the kids while you take the others out the door for 9am-that's what I have to do right now. Its easy managing four little kids by yourself, if you never leave the house...
Don't worry about PTing today, go pack your bag, make a list for dh to get the swing and carseat set up, and set up a poll and let us pick your names
Trust me, you've survived with three, you'll survive with four. Think of it, you could have three babies, and a mouthy teenager, I think you're in a better situation currently
Deep breath, now go pack your bag and sniff some baby clothes...

Lucky mother to five!

March 26th, 2010, 05:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Well, you are beating me to #4 so no advice here, but I know you will do great! Just think...you've already had toddler twins plus a newborn. Nothing can be harder than that right? You're an old pro by now! The kids are getting older and more independent every day - plus you have that superduper giant stroller if you need to go somewhere.
March 26th, 2010, 07:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks everyone. You really did make me feel better. It makes sense that God only gives us what we can handle. I am pretty good at just letting things go and only doing what really needs done so like FW said I'm sure that will be the case for the firs 6 mths or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clouise View Post
Well, you are beating me to #4 so no advice here, but I know you will do great! Just think...you've already had toddler twins plus a newborn. Nothing can be harder than that right? You're an old pro by now! The kids are getting older and more independent every day - plus you have that superduper giant stroller if you need to go somewhere.
Whats up with poking fun at my beloved stroller ? That baby is my Corvette. I'd wash it and wax it everyday if I could LOL!

I don't think I ever posted a pic here for fear that you would all laugh me out of this forum but here it goes. It fits anywhere that a regular double stroller fits so it's not really that big ....... Is it ?

Our Blog

March 26th, 2010, 07:18 PM
I have to be honest, that stroller kinda scares me...

Lucky mother to five!

March 26th, 2010, 07:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieJ View Post
I have to be honest, that stroller kinda scares me...
Awe, another stroller attack.

That's okay. I feel the stroller is safe. Nobody could change how much I love it. It really works so well for us .

Our Blog

March 27th, 2010, 07:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Where did you get that stroller!?!?!?!?!?!

I so WANT one!!!!

Many Many Thanks to GraysMama (Chelsea) for my AMAZING Siggy!!!

March 27th, 2010, 10:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
It is the ABC Adventure Buggy. They only sell them in New Zealand. the website is Go Bubba Go. I was lucky to get most of mine used. They are way expensive.

I wanted an ABC triple when I had 3 under 2 but I made due without. When we figured out that Nathan was dx'd with Autism and that had a lot to do with his tantrums and eloping/running away DH and Nathans 3 wrap therapists agreed that I really should get at least a triple...so I figured I'd get the quad as it wasn't any bigger.

Our Blog

March 27th, 2010, 11:00 AM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
LOL! That thing looks like a carnival ride! If I was a kid, I would sooo want to sit on the top row!!!

When I'm Due...

When I think this baby will actually come out

March 27th, 2010, 12:20 PM
awww, I wasn't meaning to attack your gorgeous stroller-my Joovy big Caboose scares me, I can't see half of what I'm running over, I couldn't imagine trying to see around your's! Its beautiful! I was considering something that big if we got our 5th toddler since he'd only be 3 months older than the twins. No attack, just awe!

Lucky mother to five!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search