Did you know you wanted a large family.....

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 15th, 2011, 03:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Before you got married and had you discussed it?

Did it just happen along the way?

Did you and your dh/SO agree on how many kids you both wanted?

For us, dh always used to tell me he wanted to have 5 like his grandma & grandpa. I laughed and said we'll see, but I always loved the idea of having a large family.
Now we are going onto #6 and are happy.
We didn't 'plan' when the babies would arrive, they are all about 18 months apart with the exception of my youngest and baby to be.
March 15th, 2011, 03:44 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
we wanted two or three at most, oh well

Lucky mother to five!

March 15th, 2011, 04:29 PM
Mommyx12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We discussed having 3. Dh wanted to have 3 and get snipped, I wasn't sure about the snipping part. Then we had 2 kids and dh said he was happy but if we happened to have another then fine but he didn't want to try for another. I wanted one more and prayed for God to put us on the same page, take my desire away or give dh the desire. During that time we both felt led to have as many as God gave and so now we have 10. Dh is now wanting to be done and it would be ok with me but I am having a hard time deciding to make that decision. I feel like that is like taking the decison back from God. He still knows what is best for us and for me, my reasons are mostly out of fear and partly because I understand why dh wants to be done.
March 15th, 2011, 04:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have always wanted 6, DH just wanted 2. We decided to have 3 and decide from there. I then talked him into number 4 and we said we were done. I tried to get dh to get snipped and he wouldn't schedule it to get done. After DS's last birthday I got the inkling for one more and dh agreed to ntnp for one year and just see what happened. I got pregnant on the second month. Dh got snipped in the end of Feb. I am okay with it though. I got number 5 so it was a big leap for him.
A-6yrs 3/08
J-4.5yrs 11/09
K 2.5yrs 9/11
And
L-7/12/14!!!!

March 15th, 2011, 08:13 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Before you got married and had you discussed it? I wanted 3. I always saw myself w/ 3 and dh was fine with that number.

Did it just happen along the way? #4 was a complete surprise! After he came along I was completely on board for more, dh...he's needed some convincing here and there.

Did you and your dh/SO agree on how many kids you both wanted? We did when it was 3, lol! Since then we take it one baby at a time but he gets the 'baby bug' too. Just takes him longer than me. I really don't know if there will be more after this one.

When I'm Due...

When I think this baby will actually come out

Last edited by Momtothe6thpower; March 15th, 2011 at 08:14 PM. Reason: typos
March 15th, 2011, 08:25 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I never wanted any.
March 16th, 2011, 09:21 AM
Sassafrass's Avatar Running Mamma
We never really had a set number. But I dont think I ever saw myself with more than 3. Now we are pg with #7!

Brady('97)
Olivia('98)
Gavin('00)
Jaiden('03)
Gage('05)
Sloan('10)
Silas('11)
Scarlett Arya('15)
and 3 in my heart(3/13, 6/13 & 9/13)

March 16th, 2011, 10:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So far, we have left it out of our hands, and we are expecting number 9 . I"ve always wanted to have many, and thought 2 was kind of boring. Our life isn't to boring now!

March 16th, 2011, 09:12 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I always wanted 4 or 5, dh wanted 4 because he didn't want 3 (he's the middle of 3) and was totally on board for 5. We both feel done with 5.
March 17th, 2011, 06:36 AM
Veteran
I wanted 4 but baby #7 on the way

March 19th, 2011, 06:27 PM
HippyMomOf4's Avatar Hippy Mom Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via MSN to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via Yahoo to HippyMomOf4
I wanted 3 and so did dh but here we are getting ready for our 4th! We both think were done but not doing anything to make that decision permanent. I think in the future there will be a 5th

March 19th, 2011, 09:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I wanted a large family before I got married.Dh did not.

#1 and #2 were planned. We said we were done. God said no you arent and gave us #3. After getting pregnant with #3 we decided that we dont try dont prevent and leave it up to God and now we're pregnant with our 4th.We also have felt for quite awhile that God wants us to adopt so we've been saving the money and started the process.
March 20th, 2011, 12:41 PM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It was not discussed at all. Our 1st was born when I was 17, so obviously I didn't really think about a family at that age. Then I wanted a girl, then the 3rd I wanted to be a boy, but she's a girl. Then we got pregnant with RJ and DH was fine with 4, an even number of boys/girls.. Then Becca came along, and Sebastian and we are even again! I'm not sure DH was really much into having 5 or 6 lol.

March 30th, 2011, 08:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have always wanted a large family. With my first husband we did talk about it and both wanted 6 or more. However I had multiple miscarriages and difficulty getting pregnant. We seperated while I was pregnant with first. I went on to have 3 more children on my own with a donor. I still want more sometimes, just worried about finances and health but my husband to be would like more children so there is definately the possibility that we would have more. We have talked and it will all depend on health and other factors but we would both be happy with 1-3 more and if anything happened and we had more then we would be blessed and happy.

Mom to Premies, IVF mom,
March 31st, 2011, 04:01 PM
Super Mommy
Before you got married and had you discussed it? My ex and I both wanted 3 kids. When DH and I got married, we said we probably wouldn't have anymore since we have 4 between us. But now we are discussing #5.

Did it just happen along the way? yup

Did you and your dh/SO agree on how many kids you both wanted? I don't think my DH wanted quite so many kids, but he is a great dad and loves having a big family now.
Gavyn & Kendric - 8
Joseph - 18 months
Step-mom to:
Kiersten - 8
April 5th, 2011, 12:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Before you got married and had you discussed it? Nope not at all, we were only 18 when i first got pregnant and just took off from there.

Did it just happen along the way? Yup

Did you and your dh/SO agree on how many kids you both wanted? not really, he did tell me he only wanted one or two kids, opps but we love them all just the same and wouldn't have it any other way.

April 5th, 2011, 03:39 PM
Before dh and I got married we went to pre-marital counseling and apart of that was the discussion of children. But it wasn't very thorough so we left having sorta decided on having about 3 kids. He wanted 2 and I wanted at least 3. Things have just sorta happened along the way - we're both against hormonal bc as well as sterility (for physical as well as religous reasons) so, I guess we'll just keep on leaving things up to God.

April 13th, 2011, 01:15 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yes, we knew we wanted a big family before we got married. We have four now and are done having biological children.
April 13th, 2011, 10:14 PM
OatmealKisses's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't have a large family yet.

I just got pregnant with my first. I was diagnosed with hyperemesis (very uncommon server form of morning sickness) and they said it will likely happen with any pregnancies I have. Now I don't know if I have this next time if I will be able to take care of my current babies, when I get pregnant again.

Hubby wanted 4. I wanted 8.
We are both kind of devastated and don't know where to go from here.

Angel Baby gone at 9 weeks, 7/8/13
June 11th, 2011, 09:30 AM
HeatherLyn429's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to HeatherLyn429
My oldest I had from a previous relationship. I always knew I wanted at least two. When dh and I got married we decided we'd have one together. Had a boy. At that point I had two boys. Decided I needed a girl, got boy # 3. Decided I STILL needed a girl, got boy # 4 Decided I didn't care anymore and just needed a BABY got girl #1. After #5 we decided to leave it up to God and 5 years later we have been blessed with another baby boy #6.

I'd like one more, dh says 6 is enough, so we'll see what the future holds I guess. I am not on bc just breastfeeding and neither of us have had any surgery for sterilization of anything (though he has been talking about getting a vasectomy).
and introducing my new baby princess Penelope Kate born 3/18/14 5:35am 9lbs 5oz 22"

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search