How did/does dh-so react

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 29th, 2011, 06:15 AM
shari626's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
to the birth of your children? Did he cry?

Sometimes I watch "A Baby Story" and I love when the dad's cry. I don't know why - I just think it's touching. My dh did not cry. Darn. Did you cry?

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!

May 29th, 2011, 06:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I remember my dh just being in the 'wow/awe' mode.
He did not cry but was definately super softened lol, which is good enough fomr me since he is such a tough guy usually, lol
May 29th, 2011, 08:01 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Yep....I cry...he cries...my dad cries...my mom cries....LOL...and my dad is a big tough guy....I rarely see him cry but he cries....

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
May 29th, 2011, 01:03 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I cry like a baby but dh is always all smiles and full of excitement and adrenaline. It's always hard for me to keep up.

When I'm Due...

When I think this baby will actually come out

May 30th, 2011, 08:59 AM
Platinum Supermommy
My dh doesn't cry, he is mostly just realy excited. He cried a little when #4 was born, she was 4 lbs and purple and whatnot, but normally he just smiles really big
May 30th, 2011, 01:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
DH cries. One of my favorite pictures in the world is him teary and holding, uh.. either Esme or Clara.

Mom x 5

May 31st, 2011, 04:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
hubby doesnt cry and it bugs me but he is all smiles
June 1st, 2011, 01:57 PM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
He cried with our 1st, but since then it's just routine I guess lol

June 3rd, 2011, 06:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
He cries, I cry. It's all good And my DH is also a tough guy, so it is special to me.
Although for my 3rd, he says he was crying because of all the pain I was in, he hates to see my hurt. When I was fixed back up, than we cried over baby.

June 3rd, 2011, 09:31 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
My husband HATES to be in the delivery room and the look on his face when the doctor ask for help is hysterical. He always stands at my head, as close to the wall as he can get and does not watch at all LOL. When I gave birth to #8 my husband was just coming off graveyard and he was tired so I told him to go to sleep and I would wake him. It kinda bugged the nurses but truth was it was much easier on me. He did miss it cause the baby just kinda slid out, I didn't notice it but the nurses came running, lifted the blanket cause they had "lost" the heartbeat and there she lay on the sheets. When he was woken he was very confused, he thought he had missed something LOL.

I always have someone else with us since I know what the husbands reaction is last time it was my 3rd oldest and she was in awe, I think she was happier then we were.
June 3rd, 2011, 09:56 AM
butterfly68's Avatar Super Mommy
My ex-dh shed a tear or two when our first was born. with our 2nd we were keeping the gender a secret but somehow my mom "found out" it was a girl.
So she was in the delivery room with us and baby came out a boy and we laughed and said "surprise" to my mom.

My current DH wasn't with me for either of our children's deliveries During labor he was utterly useless, I had to tell him every contraction to come rub my back as he was just sitting there reading. and he actually said "what you need me to do this every one?" duh
lol then I ended up with an emergency c-section and I started bawling, he just looked green lol. the spinal didn't work so I had to be knocked out for it and he wasn't allowed in, so I have no idea how anything went.
I woke up and he was there looking all worried.

for our 2nd together (the last one) he refused to come into the room with me for my section. (scheduled). He was convinced the baby was a girl but I just "knew" it was a boy and he kind of wanted a girl so when I was all done and in the recovery room there was DH holding our brand new baby boy with this just blank look on his face, the first thing I said to DH actually was "are you disappointed he's a boy". well he wasn't he was just so shocked it was a boy LOL. and totally happy

*Thankyou Kiliki for my wonderful siggy*

Nearly 7 months since I quit smoking!!
June 3rd, 2011, 08:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Brian got a little teary-eyed when each one was born, but he really cried when Savannah (our last one) was born.. he said he was so sure something was going to happen to either me or the baby that he was so relieved we were both ok.

Many Many Thanks to GraysMama (Chelsea) for my AMAZING Siggy!!!

June 5th, 2011, 11:33 AM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
My dh cried with our first. The one and only time I've ever seen him cry. He missed the second and fifth. They just came too fast. He didn't even cry when our 6th was born at 25wks. I think he was more in shock.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
June 5th, 2011, 12:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't think any of us have cried. Lots of smiles though.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search