Private Group of FB?

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 7th, 2011, 08:32 AM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What are your thoughts on creating a private group on FB for our little group here on Large Families?

One was recently started for my PR and I really love how convenient it is. It will be private so there's no chance family or friends will see what you post. You can also manage your comments from your phone's FB app if you have it. There are a few members that only post on FB now so it could be a way to reunite the group.

The downside, when joining your name is revealed. However, your profile is still private. You have to add the members as fb friends before they can view your profile or what you post on your personal newsfeed.

Any takers?

Also, here I am on FB for anyone that wants to add me that hasn't already.
Cortney

When I'm Due...

When I think this baby will actually come out

Last edited by Momtothe6thpower; June 7th, 2011 at 09:57 AM.
June 7th, 2011, 10:13 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I vote no. JM is here in place for people to come and go. I don't like the separation that comes from starting separate FB pages for groups that already exist elsewhere. Aside from a few of you that for whatever reason I have formed real irelationships with, I don't want FB access with everyone. I miss UM as much as one can. I hope she can come back here soon.
June 7th, 2011, 08:19 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm also a no, one of my PR's joined there and kind of ruined it here, and I like that its moderated here, not at all there and that makes it very cliquey and awkward sometimes

Lucky mother to five!

June 8th, 2011, 08:43 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm ok either way....But I do know that it tends to kill a forum pretty quick if there is an alternate place to go....

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
June 8th, 2011, 08:44 AM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieJ View Post
I'm also a no, one of my PR's joined there and kind of ruined it here, and I like that its moderated here, not at all there and that makes it very cliquey and awkward sometimes
I didn't think about lack of moderation being a problem but that is a good point.

It was just a thought, I had nothing but good intentions.

When I'm Due...

When I think this baby will actually come out

June 8th, 2011, 09:20 AM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
One of my boards here just made a comment that they moved to FB private group, and they were "voting out" moms on it, and that's translated to some very bad feelings on JM in that DDC, its sounding a little out of control

Lucky mother to five!

June 8th, 2011, 09:04 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
I like fb as a quick way to throw out a thought without having to post a whole explanation. That being said, I have a separate Facebook account for ppl on JM and I can't remember who is who. I still come on JM all the time but love the quick updates I can get on my phone.

BTW, anyone can add me. I'm Rebecca Halfbaked

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
June 9th, 2011, 03:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I hate how some places are still like highschool....some people never grow up. *sigh*...

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search