Clothes

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 11th, 2011, 12:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Well...in our family...we hold on to only the favorites or things that look brand new still (rare)....My two that are in the same size are not the same sex. We have one big basket that is full of socks...I dont mate them LOL...yep...I'm THAT lazy LOL....they stay in my son's closet and everyone goes in there to get socks when they need them. (summer time it's rare except for my son so he gets them in his closet for that reason also)....

I dont buy new though...I garage sale....dh's grandma is always giving us clothes from garage sales which si GREAT when they happen to be the right size and season (I'm so thankful for her help but darn I wish she'd listen on sizes...and not go three too big or one too small...frustrating).....and then I buy "like new" at a resale place in town....occasionally I'll find a good clearance item or something and will get that....but for the most part nothing is new with tags....but the kids dont mind They looove getting tons of new clothes at once...and could care less where they came from!

As far as how many....well...the little ones have more cause they can really go thru the outfits.....and it's easier to find clothes in little sizes at garage sales cause they dont wear them out....the older kids are harder to find good deals cause kids that age just are ROUGH on clothes (especially boys).....soooo....we dont have a set number...I have to go thru their dressers cause it's not all fitting so some needs to go....however...the little girls share a dresser and they will now get to share with my oldest as well (two dressers between three girls plus closet space for dresses).....

long answer sorry! LOL

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
June 11th, 2011, 01:46 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm not sure how many outfits each of my kids have. Maybe 2 wks worth.

I shop for new but only buy on-sale/clearence items (usually), do the garage sale thing and do hand-me-downs as well.

Socks and underwear are all bought new. In fact, I'm seriously tempted to throw every pair of socks we own right now away and buy all new in the fall. I really hate socks!

I don't have anyone in same sizes yet. I predict that it will happen someday though.

When I'm Due...

When I think this baby will actually come out

June 11th, 2011, 02:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh yeah...undies are all new....except for the potty training stage lol....then I handed them down on my girls....cause they get so stained up it doesnt' really matter.....but I did buy some new ones too....we use SO MANY panties during that time....lol

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
June 11th, 2011, 03:24 PM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My two girls (8&6) share clothing, including undies and socks. They are the same size. I hand down undies, if they're not holey or anything. I am very cluster-phobic so I only hold onto one grocery size bag of each season to pass down. I probably only have about one week - 9 days worth of clothing for each kid in their drawers. Our home is not that huge so we don't have room for very big or very many dressers, only the girls and we have a closet.

June 12th, 2011, 10:51 AM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
the twins are the only ones who share clothes, they're still in the dress alike age, though. I could probably go ten days without having to wash kids' clothes, we have so much. Only the twins wear the same size

Lucky mother to five!

June 12th, 2011, 03:05 PM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My oldest two share socks/undies because they like the same kind and are the same size so I can't sort them by person We do hand down clothes and do clothing trades with another family. The kids have about 8-9 days worth of clothes for each season.

June 13th, 2011, 08:34 AM
Platinum Supermommy
My oldest hands down a lot of her clothes to her sister 3 years younger, and #3 hands down to #4 who is really rough on her clothes, so not much gets passed down to #5. My #2 is a completely different build than her other sisters, so we give her jeans away, and some of her shirts too. She gets a lot of hand me downs from my much younger sister, much to my oldest girls envy.

They all have their own socks and underwear, but they did share when they were smaller and if one runs out of socks then they just go into another persons closet.
June 13th, 2011, 10:12 AM
butterfly68's Avatar Super Mommy
I buy most of my oldest sons (9) clothes new because he's the oldest boy and gets no hand-me-downs.
My oldest daughter (10)got tons of hand-me-downs from her older cousin, she's got clothes all the way up to adult size 5. I still buy her new stuff though if it's on sale or I see somethign really cute. Her cousin had a different style of dress than my daughter does so I bought all her dresses new.
My younger daughter (4) gets hand-me-downs from her big sister and her 7 year old cousin. and I buy alot of her stuff new as well because clothes from her cousin come to us in really bad condition.
And my little guy is good for clothes right now because he just got some really awesome hand-me-downs from one of my BFFs.

Undies I always buy new.

When the kids outgrow their clothes I toss the stained/ripped stuff and the rest I pass on to people I know with younger kids.

none of my kids share clothes because there is 6 years in between same sex sibs.

*Thankyou Kiliki for my wonderful siggy*

Nearly 7 months since I quit smoking!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search