Wow...

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 15th, 2011, 09:24 AM
Platinum Supermommy
You know how most people on here are always talking about how few large families they know in person?

Well there are two families within a block of my house with ten kids each. I knew there was one, but yesterday I met the other. One family has some adopted children, and the other is one mom who gave birth to all ten. My closest neighbor has five children. I am starting to feel like we are the small family on the block with our four! We live in duplexes on a military base - one unit is four bedrooms and the other is three. The two ten kid families both have both sides...they put a door in between. It's kind of a weird set-up with two full kitchens, garages, etc....but hey, it's seven bedrooms and four full bathrooms.
June 15th, 2011, 09:39 AM
Platinum Supermommy
That is awesome!

Mom x 5

June 15th, 2011, 10:01 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is a weird living area. I always wondered what military did with super huge families. I'm sure my DH would like two garages lol

June 15th, 2011, 10:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repti.Mom View Post
That is a weird living area. I always wondered what military did with super huge families. I'm sure my DH would like two garages lol
I don't think most bases do this. In Connecticut the biggest houses were four bedrooms. Anyone with three kids or more could live in them, and that was as big as they got. A few of the bases do have five bedroom places too. Or you can rent or buy off base...but it's not like there are a ton of houses (especially in a military person's price ranger!) with more than three or four bedrooms. This is a nice little place to live. We're like thirty minutes out in the country...we've got a walking trail...we've got parks...we've got a fishing pond...and we have a whole ton of kids.
June 15th, 2011, 12:05 PM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
One of the ladies in Becca's PR is military and was brave enough to buy a house. That's not very common either from what I've seen.

June 15th, 2011, 01:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That is really cool that there are some really big families around you. I'd love two kitchens and two garages LOL!

[/COLOR]Nathan(6), Reagan(6), Riley(5), Kaycee(3)

Our Blog

June 15th, 2011, 02:20 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Very cool. I think next time I am going to buy a duplex or apartment house. My dad owns one in central FL. He probably wouldn't rent to me, though.

Glad you met some other big fams. It is great to have a common bond!
June 15th, 2011, 07:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
aw...that is great! I have some large family friends but not in my neighborhood! Fun fun fun!

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search